Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 509 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2020 at 4:52 PM
The Sims 3: DARK MODE!
Hey how are you gorge?

So quarantine has got me feeling a little bored lately, I decided to try something which I've always aspired to do; do my own version of The Sims 3's UI. Using Dino Rex's tutorials and their files as a base; I made this :

Because MTS restrictions, more pics at my simblr!

I tried my best to make the UI look more flat and matte without making it look completely different. The headlining feature is that it's now dark, and grayscale, and it doesn't have that eyeburning blue color anymore, thank god xD. I made it so that those of us who play at 3am finally have something to cater to us. I'm so happy with how it came out, and I'm so excited to share it's progress with all of y'all. Current issues right now are mostly text and icons. I'm still trying to grasp how to edit the LAYO files, so for now I've used Dino's Gray UI text colors instead. While this works for now, there are some issues because it is darker than their UI, so I am having some readability issues here and there. One caveat is because I used a photoshop action on the IMAG files, some of the icons are black and white. This personally doesn't bother me, but for some it may be annoying. Anyways, I'd love to hear your feedback and thoughts! Thanks guys <3
Screenshots

It is dangerous to store moisturizing cream in the refrigerator, as it may be mistaken for mayonnaise.
Check out my maxis match CC masterlist for The Sims 3!
I renovated Pleasantview CC-free and released it here!
And I did the same for Strangetown as well, here!
@bettiebangsagnes on tumblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th May 2020 at 7:19 PM
#the-sims-3-and-stuff

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2020 at 7:19 PM
Oh wait. Good work. Looks great actually.

( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2020 at 11:13 PM
:dab emoji:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2020 at 1:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyCalledPi
:dab emoji:

"Like Red who keeps talking about gay dicks or whatever.Yeah I might just ban him tbh"

It is dangerous to store moisturizing cream in the refrigerator, as it may be mistaken for mayonnaise.
Check out my maxis match CC masterlist for The Sims 3!
I renovated Pleasantview CC-free and released it here!
And I did the same for Strangetown as well, here!
@bettiebangsagnes on tumblr
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th May 2020 at 1:08 PM
You were though