Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Keep Books After Publishing v5

by scumbumbo Posted 4th Dec 2014 at 4:53 AM - Updated 31st Dec 2018 at 2:27 AM by scumbumbo : Bugfix

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 19th May 2015 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
To answer several questions at once, since I missed some earlier:
  • Yes, it's compatible with Get To Work.
  • The mod changes the "put down strategy" for all books, so it should work fine with any new book types.
  • No changes are required for the latest game patch (1.7.62)

Thanks! Finally something is updated. I keep having this issue where my sims use the bathroom but their need isn't fulfilled. How annoying. I have to make them go again and then they are fine. I can't figure out if it's a mod or the game and I have no mods that alter their needs.
Deceased
Original Poster
#52 Old 20th May 2015 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by get_tish
Thanks! Finally something is updated. I keep having this issue where my sims use the bathroom but their need isn't fulfilled. How annoying. I have to make them go again and then they are fine. I can't figure out if it's a mod or the game and I have no mods that alter their needs.

Sounds like an issue I saw with some of my sims since the May 4 game update, don't know why but their needs don't ever seem to increase just decay away to nothingness. Except for energy, which shoots up like crazy continuously. I think they were walking in their sleep or something. A save and reload reset the sim to work normally again.

ETA: By the way, that has nothing to do with this mod, lol - not sure why it was happening. I do have some needs modification mods, but I think this is just a bugged sim or lot (always seems to happen to the same sim on the same lot).
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 3:43 PM
Sounds like an issue I saw with some of my sims since the May 4 game update, don't know why but their needs don't ever seem to increase just decay away to nothingness. Except for energy, which shoots up like crazy continuously. I think they were walking in their sleep or something. A save and reload reset the sim to work normally again.

ETA: By the way, that has nothing to do with this mod, lol - not sure why it was happening. I do have some needs modification mods, but I think this is just a bugged sim or lot (always seems to happen to the same sim on the same lot).

Pretty late on this. I don't get notified when someone responds so, apologies lol. Well, to date, I still have the bathroom problem... well my sims have it lol It's still frustrating. I actually haven't played in a while. This game can be irking at times bcus I just don't feel like I understand anything anymore with it. If it's a mod or not, clothing affecting a mod or not. Ea bugging the game or not. It's just all too much. Who has time to figure that out? I have no idea how to figure this stuff out. Taking cc and mods out still leave me with the same issues lol And something is fairly odd with the enrgy too. I have seen it drop dramatically, then raise. Same with eating. Like sims eat and the bar won't go up until their 2nd bite. -_- The books and everything work really good but I only notice that sims can't make their minds up on whether or not they want to read it or not. They just keep grabbing random books and then putting it back. Idk if it's the mod or just the sim being indecisive.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grumble314
Is there any way to make the children's books readable to children?

None that I've been able to figure out. The written books are just generic I think, even if you try reading them before publishing without using the mod.

I don't have this mod installed (contemplating adding it) but I wanted to address this. I have a book that was written by one of my sims on the book shelf and another sim was able to read it to a child and it counted in the Big Happy Family aspiration part where they needed to read to a child for 2 hours.
Deceased
Original Poster
#55 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FizzMidnight
I don't have this mod installed (contemplating adding it) but I wanted to address this. I have a book that was written by one of my sims on the book shelf and another sim was able to read it to a child and it counted in the Big Happy Family aspiration part where they needed to read to a child for 2 hours.

Interesting, EA must have finally fixed this in one of the patches since the last time I tried (which was pretty long ago, lol)
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 6:55 AM
Interesting, EA must have finally fixed this in one of the patches since the last time I tried (which was pretty long ago, lol)

I will test it again, just to make sure I am remembering it right and let you know what I find out.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 6:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by FizzMidnight
I will test it again, just to make sure I am remembering it right and let you know what I find out.

I tested it again, and sure enough, my sim was able to read a book written by one of my sims to a child.
Deceased
Original Poster
#58 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 7:32 AM
I've checked this mod for compatibility with the July 9th game patch and no update should be required.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 2:45 PM
Awesome. Thanks.
Deceased
Original Poster
#60 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 2:40 AM
This mod has been checked and no changes are required for the latest (August 8) game patch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 12:32 AM
I'm so glad this is available. I wish there was some way my sims' books could be available at the library for other sims, too. I wonder if it's possible to bring the kept book to the library and add it to the bookshelf?
Deceased
Original Poster
#62 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 3:09 AM
This mod has been checked and no changes are required for the latest (September 1, 2015) game patch.
Test Subject
#63 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 9:24 PM
When i was using this mod today the publish obtion on the mail box would not appear no matter what until after i removed this mod
Deceased
Original Poster
#64 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missgmatthews
When i was using this mod today the publish obtion on the mail box would not appear no matter what until after i removed this mod

Double-checked on this, as the XML for publishing didn't change from the patch. It's working fine in my game, so you must have had an unrelated glitch. Often just restarting fixes those glitches. You should be able to add it back in to your game.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missgmatthews

I had the same issue today, I had to remove the mod so my sim could publish his book. Just caught it because I haven't played author sims in a while. I will continue to search my mods to see if anything else is conflicting, just wanted to post my findings.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#66 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 12:26 AM
Same issue here. My sim could not publish a book until this mod was removed. No other mods affecting books or publishing except your Put Books Away mod.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 6:25 AM
Just to report I didn't have any problems with publishing a book. After reading the two above posts, I had one of my sims write a book and after he was done, I clicked on the mail box, and the option to publish it was there. I don't have any CC & I have only a few mods.
Smeg Head
#68 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 3:32 AM
I've found that three of the six XMLs in this mod have been out of date since at least November patch. Though I have been using it all the while without any noticeable problems. I will keep it in my game after the Dec 4th patch and test it a bit more. If it does get crazy, then I guess it's going to need a remake. And I do enjoy this mod, so chances are...
Test Subject
#69 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 10:01 PM
I've noticed that with this outdated MOD that while, yes - it does keep the books after publishing ... when I go to put away books, it can't follow through the action. You can manually place them in the book shelf (or Sim's inventory), but you can't put them into the bookcase without a jump. When I removed the MOD from my game, this resolved itself (not sure 100% but it seems to make sense). If you're not bothered by having to manually clean up and put away the books, then you don't have to worry

Ángel Quebrado

You have the look of a fallen angel ... An angel
does not stop being an angel merely because they
fall from grace; their wings are not so easily taken
Smeg Head
#70 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 1:26 PM
Hello, scumbumbo. It's so lovely to know your back to fix up some of your mods. It felt like Christmas all over again as I downloaded my favourites today.

In regards to this particular mod, as you may know I did an updated version for it as my author sim (and myself) could not live without it. But now that you're back, just say the word and I'll be happy to take my version down and redirect people back to the original source of the original mod.

Once again, it was a treat to grab your mods today. Thanks, scumbumbo.
Deceased
Original Poster
#71 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 3:25 PM
@coolspear1 - Thanks for fixing it up in my absence! There's no reason to take your version down, you put the work in to update it so you certainly deserve the credit! Having so many mods to check and update every patch day is definitely one of the major reasons I disappeared for a few months, so it's very much appreciated that you were willing to expend the time and effort to keep it up to date!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 3:48 PM
great work
Instructor
THANKS POST
#73 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 3:07 AM
Tested lightly V.2 with the June 2016 patch, one household, one book. Had no trouble with the self-publish, read, put in world, put in inventory, put away, make copy actions. I only play with a few mods and this is one of them. Can't live without it, thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 17th May 2018 at 6:13 AM
I was pleasantly surprised to find this still works! Thanks so much!!
Test Subject
#75 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 3:41 PM
After Seasons, I can no longer publish books, when this mod is installed.
Page 3 of 5