Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Keep Books After Publishing v5

by scumbumbo Posted 4th Dec 2014 at 4:53 AM - Updated 31st Dec 2018 at 2:27 AM by scumbumbo : Bugfix

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Deceased
Original Poster
#76 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EstMagnum
After Seasons, I can no longer publish books, when this mod is installed.

I'll look into this tonight hopefully. I have plans out for the evening and will have to look into something with Faster Gardening as well, so might be tomorrow.
Deceased
Original Poster
#77 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 7:55 AM
I've updated this for the latest game patch (basically rewrote it from scratch as this hadn't been updated since March of 2015). It now also includes the publishing actions for the wall mailboxes from City Living in addition to the previous house mailboxes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 12:08 AM
Thank you so much :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#79 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 8:52 PM
Thanks so much for updating this great mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 4:21 PM
Thanks so much for the update!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 8:29 PM
Thank you ever so much for this, greatly appreciated
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:32 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#83 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 4:25 PM
Will this wonderful mod be updated in the future?
Test Subject
#84 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 11:08 AM
I think scumbumbo said on another post that he's updating all mods but it will take some time
Deceased
Original Poster
#85 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 2:50 PM
Took a quick look at this one this morning and a very quick and easy update was required for the Get Famous patches. Be sure to remove the old version 3 when updating.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 5:22 PM
well thanks, i will try
Test Subject
#87 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 6:10 PM
I found some bug. I can't publish books except genre books. cookbook and skill book not working.
Deceased
Original Poster
#88 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 1:35 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 31st Dec 2018 at 2:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by carbondz2010
I found some bug. I can't publish books except genre books. cookbook and skill book not working.

Surprising this hadn't been noticed before! Yes, I see the issue hopefully I can figure out the "best" way to fix it and get this updated tonight. The easiest fix might not be the best for the long run so I want to give it a bit of thought.

ETA - Yeah, the easy fix turned out not to work, so I've removed the failing test completely. This shouldn't cause any noticeable issues, but possibly some books published without the mod installed may be republishable with the mod in. Not something I'll lose any sleep over.

Posting the bugfix now, both cookbooks and skill books are tested as publishable now.
Test Subject
#89 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 11:40 PM
Default Debug Bug?
Hi there! I have had this mod for ages and love it. However, since the latest update (version 5) the daily royalty report notification has the word **DEBUG** instead of the correct title of the book. Please see Pic 1 attached. (The two most recent books at the bottom are those written since your update.)

Also, when you hover over the published books in the sim's inventory, the books do not show the correct name given, but seem to show the genre instead. Please see Pic 2... my two poetry books are now just called "Poetry" instead of the names I gave them.

Thanks
Screenshots
Test Subject
#90 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 1:20 AM
I have now put version 4 back in and seems to be working with the book I have most recently published (though, obviously doesn't have your updates), including correct name of book when hovering cursor.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#91 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 9:54 PM
Is there anyway to make it where we can submit books to library digest without a limit or make it where we can submit two or three books a week?
Deceased
Original Poster
#92 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smokey
Is there anyway to make it where we can submit books to library digest without a limit or make it where we can submit two or three books a week?

I believe there used to be another mod which enabled that; however, I'm not sure if it's been kept up-to-date with game patches and/or if it is compatible with this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 3:34 AM Last edited by verityjones : 23rd Feb 2019 at 9:12 AM.
Just a wee "bump" for my question a couple of posts ago. I know you might be re-working it anyway with the new patch/expansion pack, but version 5 of this mod is still not working for me in terms of daily royalty report and the names of published books. Thanks
Deceased
Original Poster
#94 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by verityjones
Just a wee "bump" for my question a couple of posts ago. I know you might be re-working it anyway with the new path/expansion pack, but version 5 of this mod is still not working for me in terms of daily royalty report and the names of published books. Thanks

Might get a chance to look at that tomorrow, will try to.

Apologies for missing your question/issue.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 5:27 PM
For some reason this mod occasionally duplicates books I've gotten rid of. Steps to reproduce (for me at least): Write a book, publish it, get a copy in inventory, decide you don't like it and sell it or stash it -> randomly in the future you'll suddenly find the book in your inventory again. Doesn't always happen, and seems to only happen once or twice per book. But one of my sims has published a lot of books and I decided to only start keeping the bestseller copies. Yet tossed books keep magically respawning lol. Cool mod otherwise.
Deceased
Original Poster
#96 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mechanos
For some reason this mod occasionally duplicates books I've gotten rid of.

I keep meaning to get back and look at this mod due to verityjones's issue, so I'll try and look into this at the same time. I don't see how that could be happening though. I've had the issue where I thought I deleted a book in the past but see it back on a bookshelf at some point. I'm pretty sure what happened was I deleted it, didn't save the game or reverted to an older one at some point, and that's what caused the book to come back. I really can't imagine any other way that could occur tbh, but will look.
Deceased
Original Poster
#97 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 8:29 PM
@verityjones @Mechanos
I haven't been able to duplicate either of these two issues in my own game. It's possible that you may have another mod which conflicts with this one. If you have any additional information on the issues please let me know.
Test Subject
#98 Old 7th May 2019 at 4:41 AM
I have found that this does not work for books written and sent to clients for the new Freelance Writing Career.
Deceased
Original Poster
#99 Old 7th May 2019 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amy
I have found that this does not work for books written and sent to clients for the new Freelance Writing Career.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look to see if those can be modded to work the same way.
Test Subject
#100 Old 24th May 2019 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
@verityjones @Mechanos
I haven't been able to duplicate either of these two issues in my own game. It's possible that you may have another mod which conflicts with this one. If you have any additional information on the issues please let me know.

Heya, just found your reply. From what I can remember, the "duplication" seems to happen when loading my game, or possibly when loading into a new zone. Usually it will be a book that I've gotten a copy of after publishing, then sold because I didn't want to keep a copy of that particular book, but ends up reappearing in my inventory later. I've also had published book copies suddenly split into 2 in my inventory. I've noticed when this happens and a book clones itself.. if I sell either of the books, both get sold as if both inventory icons are referencing the same item. This only ever happens with self written books that I've published.

That's about all I can think of, hopefully it helps. I can get you more information in specific if you'd like, as I still have the save game and have started playing again recently. As for whether another mod may be involved, that's always a possibility. But I don't think I'm using any other mods that affect inventory (unless the command center thingy does). This problem also only started after I installed your mod, and only affects the published books. Specifically, one of my sims was already a writer and had published a lot of books. I noticed this mod, then grabbed it so that I could save a copy when the sim rarely made a perfect book, while still being able to sell them to publishers. When I got a non-perfect book however and I'd get a copy after publishing, I'd just sell it for 50 bucks or whatever. Only to randomly notice the book re-appeared later, probably after loading my save game or some other transition. After noticing this (and selling the same book several times over different sittings lol), I started paying closer attention to my inventory and that's when I noticed that the published books popping into my inventory was happening more often then I knew. However, it seems to only create 1 "ghost copy" of the book ever at a time, so I've never seen 3 of a single published book, or any evidence that the books keep on duplicating.
Page 4 of 5