Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Carnival Set (functional) [Update 05/08/07]

by Echo Posted 31st Dec 2006 at 5:41 AM - Updated 8th Dec 2008 at 4:42 PM by -Maylin-

633 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 579 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 24 of 26
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#576 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 1:44 PM
Deatherella, small wobbles on the track are okay. The height difference is a problem when it is too steep. The rule is, if a sim can't walk up the incline without stairs, then the cart won't be able to get over it either.

Looking forward to seeing the recolours!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#577 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 12:56 PM
For the spooky cart, do we just place the direction changers where we want it to turn? The .pdf didn't say. Great set, btw!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#578 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 6:17 AM
LadyGreenEyes: yep. The spooky cart and the roller coaster work exactly the same way.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#579 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 12:03 PM Last edited by LadyGreenEyes649 : 10th Sep 2011 at 12:47 PM.
Alright, got the spooky cart to work, (tons of fun!), the carousel is great, the clowns are working.....everything is golden, save my coaster. YOUR coaster, the one in the lot, works, so I know it's something weird with the design. No idea what, though! Was very careful, even went through and leveled it and started over. No more than four clicks at a time, as the tutorial states. Have some going up from the platform level, and some down, but any place it goes from above to below, there is a level place in between. The direction arrows are placed at the corners, as needed, and the first one went at the platform, under the cart. They can get onto the platform, so that isn't the issue. However, when I tell them to ride, the action simply cancels. As stated, YOURS works. Clearly something I am missing in the design. Is there a limit to the length? The distance between arrows? It's a pretty large one, on a huge lot. Don't see how it could be the slope at this stage. There are some big statues near it, but they do NOT overlap anywhere. The waterfall is in use, with pillars to the sides (regular at ground level, and arching set above), and the waterfall was placed with "snapObjectsToGrid" set at false, so it could center. No idea what else to try here!! Know the issue is my design, but the where is the problem. Any ideas? Can you go four up, back to platform level, then four down? Maybe I have too many corners?

Do really LOVE the cart. They make scared faces all the way through, even before reaching the skeletons. Added some other fun stuff, too, like this HUGE spider I found on a German site, and the fog that is located here someplace. Anyway, coaster help appreciated. It works (yours is great), so there is hope!

EDIT - ONLY other thing I can see is that I have the car running counter-clockwise, and yours runs clockwise. Could that be the issue?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#580 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 1:45 PM
Hi LadyGreenEyes,

Clockwise and anti-clockwise shouldn't matter, although sometimes having too many direction changers can confuse things. Do the sims get into the cart and freeze? Or do they get in, then promptly get out again?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#581 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 3:04 PM
They don't get in at all. The action simply disappears. Might try making it smaller, see if that works.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#582 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 5:22 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Well, I got them in, but now, they go off track, and into the spookhouse! Hilarious, watching the car go down a spiral staircase! Well, Six directions will work, but they can't be too close together, lol!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#583 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 3:06 AM
Heh... Yeah, it does that sometimes.

The trick is to know how the cart figures out where to go. Imagine an invisible sim standing in the center of the cart, facing forwards. That sim looks out in front of himself (and a bit to either side), and tries to find the nearest direction changer to him. BUT! He's looking for the nearest changer 'as the crow flies', even if that's a really long way away in walking distances. So if there's another changer which is closer but on a different level, then he might just see it and head for that one instead of the one you intended.

Echo

Quote: Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes649
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Well, I got them in, but now, they go off track, and into the spookhouse! Hilarious, watching the car go down a spiral staircase! Well, Six directions will work, but they can't be too close together, lol!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#584 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 11:46 AM
Yeah, was pretty funny. Fixed it, though, by simply relocating the spookhouse. Thinking that might have been the issue all along. LOVE this set! The clowns are a riot! All working, though, and thanks again! Can't wait to see your next big project.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#585 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 12:23 AM
Beautiful work, Lady You have a natural talent.
Test Subject
#586 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 2:53 PM
Hi

I got everything here but they All wont show up ingame..
Even on the lot you made..

Though the Jumping castle thing is there
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#587 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 10:34 PM
Thank you so much for your amazing downloads. I adore the roller coaster the most. The tutorial you included was really helpful, without it I just might be pounding the computer and screaming because I couldn't figure it out! After I built the larger coaster, I made a smaller one on the ground with a little hill for the kids! I only wish I could add a haunted house to my carnival, but I've run out of room! Thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#588 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 4:01 AM
How do I change their clothes, hair, etc?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#589 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 5:04 PM
This is awesome, echo! But i have a small problom. after i try to download carnival cammlot, it wont install to my game. i double click on it but it opens a note pad with a whole bunch of words and stuff. can u help me?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#590 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 12:00 PM
WOW! I like them! Question: Can you use them in a hotel? I know you said only community but... Can you?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#591 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 5:18 PM
Amazing work!
Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#592 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 12:14 PM
one of my best top five downloads! thanks echo! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#593 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 8:30 PM Last edited by carrien12 : 19th Apr 2012 at 8:42 PM.
I am in love with this set. Absolutely in love. You are brilliant, and I can't thank you enough!

I am amazed. This is truly a work of art.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#594 Old 27th May 2012 at 12:10 PM
woo thanks ^^ i love amusement parks and have always wanted one for my sims!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#595 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 1:39 AM
DISNEYLAND SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you! Now all I need is water tiles :3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#596 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 1:44 AM
Wait can you use any tiles and just use direction changers or do you have to use the tracks? I want to make splash mountain. I am a huge Disneyland fan ^_^
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#597 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 10:49 AM
candyalii, you can use any tiles you like.
Test Subject
#598 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 9:27 AM
i keep gettng a object error help plz
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#599 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 2:48 PM
I am a big fan of this although, it would be much better if you could put everything into one download file
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#600 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 10:29 PM
Can't wait to tryitout !!
Page 24 of 26