Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval Maternity Wear

by tommytiger Posted 30th Jan 2006 at 12:37 AM - Updated 16th Feb 2006 at 2:53 AM by tommytiger : Updated file

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 4:47 AM
Great idea! I've been looking for something like this. It took me a few minutes, but I think I unzipped them correctly. I'll go try this now. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 3:01 AM
it won't download, it gets halfway trought and gives me an error message, i'm going to open up a new window and try again, but internet really sucks so that could be the problem
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 3:10 AM
nope still wont download
Test Subject
#54 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 7:30 PM
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! Can you do some for teen females for use with the inteenminator, PLEASE??????

i wish they'd stop rejecting my sims! The packages were full when I had them!!! :(
Test Subject
#55 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tommytiger
For you guys who want to make your own, it's a very similar technique to replacing default textures. First, get the meshes you want (remember - it has to have a pregnancy state). Find the instance and high instance numbers of the afbodymaternity... and ambodymaternitycomfy(to change the men) and replace those numbers. The rest of it is replacing the textures. There are tutorials on this site on how to replace things.

what? how exactly do you do this?
Test Subject
#56 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 10:53 AM
Medieval Maternity wear ?
Beautiful idea and lovely dresses. Please could you also make some atractive modern maternity wear ? Thank you very much. :baloons:
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 1:09 AM
oh man i love this. I would really love to see someone attempt this with more modern styled clothes... if i had the time i would try it myself, but i think it would be a bit ambitious for inexperienced ol me....

Eagles may soar, but bunnies don't get sucked into jet engines
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 9:32 PM
Is it possible to choose what maternity wear your sims wear?

"Oh, let me guess. Another box with a crank that I turn and turn and turn until...whoo...a clown pops out. Then you laugh, the kids laugh, the dog laughs, and I die a little more inside."

-Stewie Griffin, Family Guy
Instructor
#59 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 4:54 AM
I'll join the chorus of praise: What a great job! It's so annoying to have some game function mess up the nice medieval / fantasy look that one spend one hour hunting mods and recolors to achieve.

Thanks so much!

(And, on the first page of comments, there's a very good, detailed description on how to unpack and install from kiri (the username has about 6 extra syllables, but she signs "kiri"). I had to try around a bit before I managed the installing, so maybe putting a pointer to that comment into the post would be helpful?

Thanks so much for this excellent work!
Field Researcher
#60 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 9:57 PM
This is LOVELY, thank you so much! I'm grateful that you kept the men in mind and gave them a couple of versions too. ^^

Does this require any special maternity wear hacks? Or will putting it in the Downloads folder suffice? I think you would've mentioned it if it needed a hack, but I thought I'd make sure.
Test Subject
#61 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 2:15 AM
I love this and am reinstalling them, cause my game crashed. But the files don't work with the 1.1.4 Q-XpressInstaller, and it's not able to download them the old way either.
Still I love your work and hope getting them in the future. Many thanks, cause as you say this is a good medieval/historical option. Bye for now Mia
Test Subject
#62 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miahaglund4
I love this and am reinstalling them, cause my game crashed. But the files don't work with the 1.1.4 Q-XpressInstaller, and it's not able to download them the old way either.
Still I love your work and hope getting them in the future. Many thanks, cause as you say this is a good medieval/historical option. Bye for now Mia

The reason why the files don't work in Q-XpressInstaller is because they're what's called "spanned file RARs". What this means is that it's a large file that is broken up into smaller files for easier download. You need to have both files with the same name to make it work to extract unless you do it manually which is not an option in Q-Xpress so that's why it doesn't understand and causes the program to hang. To do it manually when you download the two part file, you must select the second part manually when it prompts you that you need a certain file to continue.

Yes, I am a geek and sorry if I confused you at all but I just wanted to explain why the larger files will not work with Q-Xpress. :D
Test Subject
#63 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 12:44 PM
These are really nice, but I don't want to replace anything. Could someone please make versions of these which don't replace anything? And every outfit in the same file! I can't download these either, I got an error message too although the files are in the same folder.
Test Subject
#64 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 7:27 PM
I've downloaded it and I'm not sure if it turned out well in my game... instead of the dresses you made, it turned all of my Maxis maternity wear recolors into strange dresses and there's a stripe of the skin color on the left and the right side from the hips to the bottom... Do you know any way to delete completly the download??? Even though I have problems with it, I still believe it was a good idea.
Test Subject
#65 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by themaltesebippy
It says the file is broken. You probably need to zip it as one big file.

Me Too
Test Subject
#66 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 11:57 PM
this is cool, but it comes out for defualt in all sim. i have sims that arent goth and they look weird wearing these.. ugh

HTML Code:
ppl
Forum Resident
#67 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 10:29 PM
I just wanted to report that this works very well for me. I have been using it for nearly a year without any problems.

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 10:49 PM
Default Great idea...wish someone would make replacement of normal clothes, too
Quote: Originally posted by JamieMew
Do you know any way to delete completly the download??? Even though I have problems with it, I still believe it was a good idea.

Well, the simplest way is to go into your downloads folder and find the files and delete them all. I guess this isn't compatible with your previously downloading "recolors". Whenever I download a "hack" object, I place them in a folder called "hacks" that I created in my downloads folder so I can quickly find them amongst my dozens and dozens of custom content.

I'll second and third what others are saying: If someone would make just some simple jeans/tops maternity replacement defaults, I'd be the happiest person in the world. You know, you're the only one that actually has made a default replacement? For everyone else, you have to download a seperate hack, then download the clothes, then buy the clothes, then change into the clothes. I have probably close to 40 or 50 custom clothes. How in the world would I be able to keep track of 6 or 7 maternity outfits? So to me, it would be too much of a pain, hence, for now I'll stay with the horrible Maxis ones.

But I LOVE that you did this. KUDOS!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 7:47 PM
These are great, Thank you for making these, yeay!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 5:27 AM
It said it had an error in the file it wont extract either....
yes maybe it has to be one big file?
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 9:17 PM
would it be possible to make these non-default? Squinge's hack allows you to choose maternity clothes, and I only want some sims in period clothing. Can it be done? it would be greatly appreciated. other than these i have not found ANY historical clothing for pregnant sims. Thanks!
Test Subject
#72 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 8:17 AM
zoogbug09
I have tried to download all the medyval pregnancy 1 and 2 sets but the only one that will download is the last one listed the others say 0 files.
Test Subject
#73 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 8:47 PM
I think it's a good idea but the only thing it did in my game was CRASHING it... The Maxis outfit pants became Dress-like and all of the recolors too... and then, NOTHING!!!! IT JUST CRASHED THE WHOLE THING!!! Better watch out when you make Default Replacements. Oh and by the way, it's hard to find them after 'cause they aren't named well... so I just can't delete the files. Thanks anyway...
Test Subject
#74 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 5:10 PM
There's no need to replace default maternity clothes. Just use the InSiminator to change clothes. I'd like to use these maternity clothes without having to replace the defaults. Can you do that? It would be much better. Thanks.
Test Subject
#75 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 1:49 AM
I tried to download the files using q-xperess, and it said it couldn't install the first two files that they were corrupted. and couldn't be installed. the small file downloaded and installed fine. when I downloaded each file individually they downloaded fine, but I haven't installed them yet.
Page 3 of 4