Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Interaction Move In to all sim ages

by pinhead Posted 13th Nov 2004 at 2:19 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 7:56 PM by Christy1077

196 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 193 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinhead
I'm very happy that it is working for all. But I am worried about the problem found by saramkirk. I don't have many hacks in my game. Although that i'm not having much time to play in the last days, I will wait to know which hack can cause this issue and i will try to see if this could be fixed.
saramkirk - You could see which hack is causing this for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated

I finally figured it out.

I had uninstalled the overstuffed house hack, but somehow it ended up back in my Downloads folder. I think I accidentally added it back in when I was replacing a neighborhood that had crashed.

So it's the overstuffed house hack, which is incompatible with many other hacks.

Almost no one is going to be using the overstuffed house hack, so I don't think you should worry about it.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Test Subject
#52 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 9:32 PM
I tottally love this hack - works great! Great work!

Change, like secrets in the wind
I hear the whispers madame butterfly
Test Subject
#53 Old 21st Nov 2004 at 4:36 AM
I tried to download it, and it said there was an error and that I should go back to the main MTS2 site. What's wrong? I /really/ want this, and it isn't working. Hmph.
Test Subject
#54 Old 21st Nov 2004 at 4:38 AM
Oh! Nevermind, I tried a few more times and for some reason, it works now. Can't wait to try it out!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 21st Nov 2004 at 8:22 AM
I've been waiting for this 'program enhancer.' Thanks
Instructor
Original Poster
#56 Old 21st Nov 2004 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saramkirk
So it's the overstuffed house hack, which is incompatible with many other hacks.

Almost no one is going to be using the overstuffed house hack, so I don't think you should worry about it.

Thanks for informing me. I guess this hack isn't so popular as the others. I see the thread about it and never will be released a "final version" to it. I'm more alliviated.

Thanks , saramkirk.
Inventor
#57 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 12:46 AM
I have downloaded and use this hack. Lately though i have noticed that in some households, when I move the townies in I can't get them to move out. (They find their new homes and freedom very comfortable).

I tried the newspaper (I have the newspaper hack) or the different types of PC's to find own place but nothing happens after they take a look in the paper or check out the PC.

I know there are other ways to move them out, but was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem?
[ Edited 22-11-2004 12:47AM ]

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Instructor
Original Poster
#58 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by roxxy
I have downloaded and use this hack. Lately though i have noticed that in some households, when I move the townies in I can't get them to move out. (They find their new homes and freedom very comfortable).

I tried the newspaper (I have the newspaper hack) or the different types of PC's to find own place but nothing happens after they take a look in the paper or check out the PC.

I know there are other ways to move them out, but was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem?

I was thinking about this before and tried make other mod to allow teens move out also. This mod does what i described before. Only this. You can "move in" teens and kids but unfortunely you can't make teens "move out". Maybe later i will make other mod to allow this. I tried yet, but failed. I had to study a little more about what primitive does exactly to figure out how to change it correctly. Unfortunely i didn't have much time to dedicated only to Sims 2 mods. I will ask to some of the modders if they could do it for us.
[ Edited 22-11-2004 01:09AM ]
Instructor
Original Poster
#59 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 3:34 AM
Ok! If you are looking for teens have a option to move out, i made another mod that make this possible:

http://www.modthesims2.com/forum_viewtopic.php?22.20309
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 6:58 AM
Oh, wow... That's a really good one. I've been hoping for an in-game solution to the homeless kids in my neighborhoods. Hee! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 7:35 AM
note to all there may be a bit of a bug with the teensgowild1f patch, and teensmove out patch running alongside this one, no workout. Pinhead allready knows but help from others would very much be appreciated. As of last note I think it is the combination as a whole for they work fine so far in pairs but its late so i am going to cheak some more later. Neh!

:? I think I found it everyone. A bleeding idiot on the Official site made a skin that kept changing. The skin only works well with the morons custom content. Otherwise blammo it screws up. ~
I will say it here and now if you wnt to skin then test the skin with your own crap before sending it out. If not I am gonna hunt you down for some constructive re-education time. ~
Good Night all simmers. Neh! !amazed
[ Edited 22-11-2004 08:25AM ]

Looking on the Bright Side of Life!
#62 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 12:40 AM
[*EDIT* because problem solved!] Gorgeous mod that works beautifully--thanks for it. 8)
[ Edited 27-11-2004 12:43AM ]
Mad Poster
#63 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 1:00 AM
I really want this but which one do I get??? What is the file name? Pinhead only sent a link up above, not the file.
#64 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 1:43 AM
Muito obrigado.
i wanted to thank you in your own language because this is a great mod and i been waiting for it for a long time.
Muito obrigado.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 1:47 AM
I'm trying to learn Portuguese so maybe I can thank Pinhead, too, in Portuguese!
Instructor
Original Poster
#66 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 2:47 AM

Hey! Really nice to see some people trying to learn a little of portuguese! Makes me smile! thanks my friends!

[ Edited 27-11-2004 02:50AM ]
Mad Poster
#67 Old 28th Nov 2004 at 6:34 AM
Pinhead, uma pregunta por favor que necesito ajuda!!! I was just wondering... how many versions/updates do you have of the teen movein hack? I want to make sure which one to download. Can you show me a file, please? And another thing, will this hack allow teens and children to move out on their own through a computer or newspaper? I need to know before I install it so I can make sure it will work. ¡Gracias, amigo! (Sorry, I don't know how to say "thank you" in português and I don't like to use the translator because it's cheating, lol)
Mad Poster
#68 Old 28th Nov 2004 at 11:14 AM
Pinhead, tambem, I wanted to know if there is any way you can make a mod by putting the movein hack together with the moveout hack so that there wouldn't have to be two separate downloads? Kind of like an all-in-one hack? Just curious, amigo.
Instructor
Original Poster
#69 Old 28th Nov 2004 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Pinhead, uma pregunta por favor que necesito ajuda!!! I was just wondering... how many versions/updates do you have of the teen movein hack? I want to make sure which one to download. Can you show me a file, please? And another thing, will this hack allow teens and children to move out on their own through a computer or newspaper? I need to know before I install it so I can make sure it will work. ¡Gracias, amigo! (Sorry, I don't know how to say "thank you" in português and I don't like to use the translator because it's cheating, lol)

Well, I have only one version out for Move In mod. You can find it in the first post and the first page of this thread. For "movin out", you have to check the other thread and find the file in first post of that thread ( http://www.modthesims2.com/forum_viewtopic.php?22.20309 ). Both are fully compatibly and you can use together.

shutdowntheinternet spoke correctly. "Muito Obrigado" is "Thank you very much" translated to portuguese. And "Thanks" is "Obrigado" translated to portuguese. "Gracias Amigo" is spanish. Isn't my language, but i understand spanish too.

[ Edited 28-11-2004 08:01PM ]
Instructor
Original Poster
#70 Old 28th Nov 2004 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Pinhead, tambem, I wanted to know if there is any way you can make a mod by putting the movein hack together with the moveout hack so that there wouldn't have to be two separate downloads? Kind of like an all-in-one hack? Just curious, amigo.

I made 2 separated files for the people who don't like a specified mod. If you like just to have the move in but don't like the idea about the move out, you don't need to download the other. And since this forum is a Beta Testing zone, i need testing one by one to simplify my life to fix it if some problems happens.

:D

[ Edited 28-11-2004 08:03PM ]
Mad Poster
#71 Old 28th Nov 2004 at 10:55 PM
Fair enough, Pinhead. I can still use both mods, not a problem at all. I'll try them out and let you know... which I am sure they will work.

By the way, I know that "Muchas gracias" was Spanish since I'm Puerto Rican and I do speak Spanish very fluently, as I only used it to say "Thank you" in another language other than English (my primary language). It's just that ever since I started learning Portuguese over the spring/summer of 2004, I just could not remember how to say "Thank you" in Portuguese, lol. I'm trying to learn both Brazilian and Portuguese from Portugual, and they are very different at times. Oh, well. Wish me luck, amigo!
Mad Poster
#72 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 12:01 AM
Força com esto!!!

That would be kind of funny if someone made a mod where teens could drop out of school, hehe. That way you can make a stereotypically lower-class family and teens getting pregnant and moving out with their older better halves... basically a dysfunctional family. They can be so much fun to play with for some reason, perhaps because of the lack of pressure of having to make them succeed.
Test Subject
#73 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 3:29 AM
Has anyone else had this problem? Whenever I have a teen ask another teen to move in, they hug, then jump back, the other teen doesn't move in, then I lose the ability to save or exit the game. It works with no other hacks in my game, but with my other downloads, it does not. I only download from this site, any clue what hack it could be that is interfering? I'm going to try an figure it out, but any suggestions will help!

....but I'm exploring Mod the Sims 2
Instructor
Original Poster
#74 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 3:58 AM
saramkirk had problems with "overstuffed house hack". Silvernight1 had a problem with a "skin that kept changing". I don't have many hacks in my game. Only moveinall, moveoutteens, phonehack, woohooteens and some stuff being tested that i made for myself. So far, all of them are functioning very well . If you find what hack is causing conflict, please post here for us.

thanks, jadamay!
Test Subject
#75 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 4:19 AM
I found the problem. Everything works great as long as I don't use wintermuteai1's Ultimate Hacked Object cube. Before I was using this hack to make the teens fall in love, then try the move in option. If I don't use wintermuteai's cube, then the move in option works great.
I think I know why there is a conflict; the cube also has an option to move in any sim that is on the lot.
Since your hack works with all my other downloads, and I have hacks that do the same as the winter's cube, I will get rid of the cube.

Thanks for your work, it is excellent!

....but I'm exploring Mod the Sims 2
Page 3 of 8