Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HomeworkSometimesFasterFun

by Jenflower Posted 15th Dec 2004 at 10:57 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 7:11 AM by Jenflower : Apartment Life version uploaded again after server crash

243 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
Test Subject
#26 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 5:51 AM
yeah, but its just too bad this does not work with the no A+ memory or cheering hacks... I would like to keep those in the game....
Field Researcher
#27 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 5:57 AM
You rock! I can't wait to try this out in my game!
Field Researcher
#28 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 5:58 AM
It DOES work with those hacks(the no A+ memory or cheering hacks) just not the nohomework hack
Test Subject
#29 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Braveheart
It DOES work with those hacks(the no A+ memory or cheering hacks) just not the nohomework hack

oops... I guess I should have read more carefully... *slaps self in the head* I have been reading so many lately, I missed it.... ok, downloading now... thanks Jenflower

Jen
Field Researcher
#30 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 8:30 AM
I like this idea, I didn't want to go so far as getting rid of the homework, but this seems a lot more realistic than what the poor kids have to go through now and you still have to work for many of the benefits.

I like J.M. Pescado's idea for having it go up 2, 4 and 6 with the top grades. Or perhaps, would it be possible to have logic skill be the factor instead? I think that would be even more realistic. The smart kids will have an easy time with homework so will finish it faster and are more likely to get good grades. The other kids can still get good grades, but they will have to put a lot more time and effort into studying since they don't catch on as quickly. There are 10 skill points total, right? So maybe if you have 1 logic skill you wouldn't see any increase, 2-4 could be 2%, 5-7 4% and 8-10 6% or some sort of increase like that.

Also, another idea I had is that maybe since there are some days where they don't get any homework, maybe there could be some days when they get 2. This would be like if they have a big report they have to do or maybe their teacher had a really bad day and is taking it out on his students. Maybe I'm just sadistic, but I think that since you already get less homework and with the other homework help in this mod it shouldn't be too hard to deal with as long as it's only every once in awhile and it would add some variety. I don't know how hard it would be to get this to work, though, or if anyone else would like this sort of thing included.

Anyway, maybe these ideas would be too much work for you to add now that you've got the other way mostly done, but I'm just thinking out loud here. It's still a really good patch as it is, thanks for sharing it with us.
#31 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 10:14 AM Last edited by IxChel : 16th Dec 2004 at 10:16 AM.
I love the idea of this hack, since I don't mind my Sim children/teens having homework, most of them pop the 'Do Homework' want all the time and it's one way of getting their aspiration meter up.

But I agree it really is too much work (i.e takes too long and is too draining on the motives).

I am inclined to vote for a less boost on the speed, though. It should not be a piece of cake, especially since with this hack they don't get the homework all the time.

Thanks!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 1:50 PM
JenFlower? Would it be too difficult to add a popup for the days that they DO have homework? I don't have to be concerned about the days they DON'T have it as much as the days the DO have it so I can watch where those silly kids drop the homework. Just an idea.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Braveheart
JenFlower? Would it be too difficult to add a popup for the days that they DO have homework? I don't have to be concerned about the days they DON'T have it as much as the days the DO have it so I can watch where those silly kids drop the homework. Just an idea.

If its possible that would be a much better popup to see. I know that in one household with 3 teens while I have managed to get 1 of them to put the homework in the same place each day the other 2 have not yet managed to do that. One of them is being real perverse and so far has dropped it on the sidewalk, in the atrium area behind bushes, in the kitchen area, in the father's bedroom and on a landing. With a pop up saying they had homework at least I could keep track of them or know I would need to spend time looking for it.

Thanks

"A man who keeps company with glaciers comes to feel tolerably insignificant by and by." Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 3:43 PM Last edited by conker87 : 16th Dec 2004 at 3:47 PM.
The homework they like should correspond with their interests. But when do you ever get Paranormal Homework?

Quote:
Where can I find the "no A+ memory" hack? I have the no cheer hack, best thing ever!

−=≡ conker87 ≡=−
Test Subject
#35 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 4:12 PM
Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you! This made it so much easier for my sims that had afterschool jobs. My girl has been completeing her homework between getting in from school and leaving for work. Her moods and reactions and fun not totally plummeting are more realistic for someone like her. Very serious and studious and responsible. I mean after all the first thing she did after she left tottler stage was clean the shower and toliet on her own, no promt from me. She was born to enjoy homework. :twisted:
#36 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 6:40 PM
Thanks for this--it's a great idea, and I'll be testing it out, too.
Test Subject
#37 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 6:46 PM
Thank you so much Testing today!
Test Subject
#38 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 6:54 PM
I agree because I adctually enjoy some homework! Do you think you could make it so that it says if it is english/math/science etc.?
Field Researcher
#39 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by conker87

Where can I find the "no A+ memory" hack?

I've actually been searching through the forums trying to find this with no luck. It sounds like it would be especially nice with this hack since you'll probably get even more A+ memories with it.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#40 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 8:51 PM
i don't think there ever was a "no A+ memory" hack. Pescado created a hack that supressed the cheering after they got an A+, but i think that still generated an A+ memory. i think this hack also helped them get off the bus faster because they wouldn't be blocking the rest of the kids trying to get off the bus because of all the A+ cheering. i could be wrong.

here is the hack that supressed the A+ cheer:
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...?threadid=29278
Field Researcher
#41 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 9:16 PM
Yes, I have the no cheering hack, but I've heard a lot of people talking about one that actually makes them not have the memories of having the A+. They're two separate hacks, but I haven't been able to locate the second one at all.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 9:23 PM
there is a no A+ memory hack, try searching for "memory suppression" or "Memory Hack" in the search function, it's not my job to find links for you
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 10:04 PM
This sounds great, i cant wait to try it out. I think intrests should also affect what homework gives fun and takes it away.
students with a high paranormal, si-fi, enviroment, gets a bonus to science fun, high partys gets a neg mod, high logic gets a bonus to math etc. just brainstorming =)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jorenne
there is a no A+ memory hack, try searching for "memory suppression" or "Memory Hack" in the search function, it's not my job to find links for you

There actually is a 'no A+ memory' hack. I have the file named 'aplusmemoryhack.package' in my downloads folder. For anyone who is interested, I don't mind telling you where it is:
No A+ Memory Hack.
------------------------
I do like some of the ideas that were given so far...I definitely can incorporate a popup to let you know when they do have homework and I am pretty sure I will add the incremental speed increase for A-, A, A+ (unless a large majority of you say no no no!) :disagree:

And, I was actually playing around with some kind of skill increase at the end of their teenage years if they keep their grades up...sort of a reward for doing their homework and doing well in school.

This is a tough hack to do because some of it is kind of based on personal opinion. There are a million different ways to tweak the hack to make it work the way each of us wants. I'm more than willing to make some alternate versions with some of the more detailed differences, but for right now, I just want to make sure everyone gives a thumbs up for what we have right now.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 10:27 PM
Thanks for the link Jenflower, although I was finally able to find it by searching for 'memory hack' like Jorenne suggested. For some reason I never though to include 'hack' in my search and it never came up with just 'memory' or 'memories' and the 'no' and 'A' won't get searched for since they're too common.

And you definately get a thumbs up from me for the current version (especially once you add incremental speed increases). I was just throwing out some ideas before that I thought might be interesting, but if they never get added it definately won't hurt anything. I don't want to make it sound like I expect you to do all this work or anything, just if it's something that you would like to add as well but just hadn't thought of it yourself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 10:45 PM
Oh I definitely like hearing the ideas...I have been working on this hack constantly and it's soooooo good to get some other people's thoughts on this.
I should be able to make some tweaks by the end of this weekend, I hope!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#47 Old 17th Dec 2004 at 12:15 AM
Thanks for the link to the no A+ memory hack. I totally missed this one. I thought I had scoured the entire beta testers forum thoroughly.

Edited to add: No wonder I missed it. It was in the "general modding" section. I don't visit that section very much.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 17th Dec 2004 at 2:08 AM
OMG has Mother Nature tired of creative woo hoo? I am so thrilled about this new work of yours and am puttng it in my game immediately.

You have done amazing work. We are all so proud to know you even in electronic script!

Joey
Test Subject
#49 Old 17th Dec 2004 at 6:39 AM Last edited by Mighty__Gazelle : 17th Dec 2004 at 6:42 AM. Reason: Should preview before I post :Duh:
This is certainly a great mod. Well done. Anything that makes an existing element of the game more comprehensive is great!

I was wondering, a thought I had and as you said you liked other peoples ideas I'd present mine. Well, ok. How about if homework doesn't have to be done for the next day ALL the time. You know, as far as I can remember (and in uk so could be diff. in rest of world) from school, homework was usually given 2-3 days to be completed, occasionally homework would be given for the following day (usually maths :D).

I understand this couldn't be linked to the receiving of the next homework (ie. have to do homework for when the next one will be recieved) as that is achieved randomly, a bit like real life .

Just a thought.

PS. I like turtles too. Prefer vikings though! :vikingb: :D
#50 Old 17th Dec 2004 at 11:01 AM
When you say they might have been 'taught to study' how does this occur. Is this when an adult helps them?
Page 2 of 10