Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chef Service - v1.7 (4th May 2014)

by douglasveiga Posted 29th Jan 2013 at 10:00 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 11:44 PM by douglasveiga

224 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 118 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Test Subject
#51 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
[QUOTE=butta101]

click the "More" interaction.

I did that but it wasn't there. I found out the problem tho. I never updated to the new way of using mods. The old way still worked so never knew anything was wrong until the chef service mod didn't. I switched over and transferred everything and now the ones I didn't know were not working work now. Thanks for your help. If someone have the same problem then you know what the issue is now.
Test Subject
#52 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 10:38 PM
Hi! This is a fantastic idea, and if you're open to suggestions, I have one! It would be really nice if this Chef could act a teeny bit more like the butler does. By this I mean it would be great if they needed quarters- similar to how the butler needs a bed assigned to them, instead of standing around. At least then they would sleep at night and not be quite so creepy.

I don't know how to create mods such as this but if you're looking for more ideas, I second the suggestion of making a live in nanny! It would be neat if the nanny were an NPC who worked certain hours, like 8 am to 8 pm, then takes care of herself after that (also needing a bed like the butler does).

Overall a FANTASTIC mod, I love it tons!
Inventor
Original Poster
#53 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by briwicks21
Hi! This is a fantastic idea, and if you're open to suggestions, I have one! It would be really nice if this Chef could act a teeny bit more like the butler does. By this I mean it would be great if they needed quarters- similar to how the butler needs a bed assigned to them, instead of standing around. At least then they would sleep at night and not be quite so creepy.

I don't know how to create mods such as this but if you're looking for more ideas, I second the suggestion of making a live in nanny! It would be neat if the nanny were an NPC who worked certain hours, like 8 am to 8 pm, then takes care of herself after that (also needing a bed like the butler does).

Overall a FANTASTIC mod, I love it tons!

"it's possible to set the "Service Room", the place where the Chef will wait when idle;"

ok, thanks.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 2:15 AM
Do you mean if they are not seated yet, he could bring single servings to the table.
Test Subject
#55 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 9:23 PM
Just FYI- I've been having issues with the Chef beginning to cook a meal, but stopping before getting to the stove. He'll leave up to 5 partially cooked meals sitting on the counters and never cook them.

I've worked around it, but it would be nice if that bug could be fixed.
Inventor
Original Poster
#56 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by briwicks21
Just FYI- I've been having issues with the Chef beginning to cook a meal, but stopping before getting to the stove. He'll leave up to 5 partially cooked meals sitting on the counters and never cook them.

I've worked around it, but it would be nice if that bug could be fixed.

buy a new stove. make sure your sims will not block him. enlarge the kitchen and make sure there is enough free counters.

he can't cook partial meals, so follow the steps above to make sure this will not happen so frequently.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 3:21 PM
Thanksssssssssssssssssss
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 7:23 PM
This is a big help indeed. I've been looking for mods to encourage my butler sim to clean more and cook unnecessarily less. This is a must-have in my book. Keep up the good work!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#59 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 12:03 PM Last edited by anie_1981 : 10th Feb 2013 at 1:03 PM.
Can he cook turkey in v. 1.2? I really like this meal...

EDIT:

OK, I've cheacked, nope. I hope you'll be able to add this meal some day
Inventor
Original Poster
#60 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Can he cook turkey in v. 1.2? I really like this meal...

EDIT:

OK, I've cheacked, nope. I hope you'll be able to add this meal some day

nope, i already tried, but no idea how to fix it. maybe somewhere in the base game code there is some kind of restriction that i can't find/touch.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#61 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 3:07 PM
I think this is cause the turkey can't be coocked as single meal. Other meals can be coocked in both single and group versions. Only the turkey can't.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 3:18 PM
Fantastic! My rich sims appreciate this :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 8:16 PM
aaaaw that's perfect !
Test Subject
#64 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 7:15 AM
Question... will the chef have to take care of his own needs or are they frozen? You know, Energy, Bladder, Hunger...
Inventor
Original Poster
#65 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by void2812
Question... will the chef have to take care of his own needs or are they frozen? You know, Energy, Bladder, Hunger...

are frozen
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:49 PM
very thanks
Test Subject
#67 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
This looks FANTASTIC!!!
I like how the butler will stop cooking so the PROFESSIONAL can take over! Yeah, go dust that vase, you lackey!

ikr
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#68 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 5:41 PM
Awesome! I need to update my game tho D:
Instructor
THANKS POST
#69 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 1:29 PM
I have 1.50 version of the game and ALL services made by douglasveiga works OK(Chef, Maid, Gardner). Also harvest and clean robots work OK. The only thing I've noticed with the chef, is that he\she dissappears from time to time, but the chef can be hired again with no problems at all.
Test Subject
#70 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 4:02 PM
Hi!
This mod is awesome, thank you so much!

I've got one question though. I've installed this one in my updated game (1.50) and after one Sim day, sometimes two days, the Chef just leaves. He says 'Looks like it's time to go. See you!' and then he runs off. Usually at about 3 AM, I think it's because all my Simmies in the house are sleeping then? I've had different chefs for 3 or 4 times, but they keep doing this. Also, I don't have to pay them anything as they leave.

Any idea what causes this?
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 2:27 AM
been waiting on this forever!! thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#72 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 6:25 PM
Mr. Veiga, I realize that you do not currently have your PC and that you are then going to have your hands full updating your fabulous mods for University, but I have a request for the future as you seem to be the only one making these types of great and useful NPC mods. It would be just wonderful to have an NPC masseuse assigned to the massage table, similar to the way that one can just click on a professional bar to summon a bartender. This would be especially nice once we have the Island Paradise EP in June wherein we will supposedly be able to create resorts. I do so hope that EA lets us own the resorts and hire chefs, maids, bartenders, etc. Thank you for thinking about this over the next few months. It seems ridiculous to me that sims currently have to massage their friends and partners at the "spa" since there is no professional available.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 5:46 AM
Curiousity question is it possible to have the maid and your chef / gardneners sleep in a set bed like the butler? Kinda have this big mansion with a servants room for the butler but it too big for just him
Inventor
Original Poster
#74 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 5:08 PM
UPDATED! v1.3

the chef will not leave the lot autonomously.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#75 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 6:26 AM
This is a very useful thing to have in University given how the students will make bland and burnt meals and take quick meals out of complete hunger and desperation. With this chefs can make quality meals of almost any kind and even toss in the usual pancakes/cookies for free.
Page 3 of 9