Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Pillow Fights

by Targa Posted 4th Oct 2005 at 6:49 AM - Updated 25th Oct 2006 at 8:22 PM by daysies

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 8:26 AM
how do you get the sims to have pillow fights?
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 7:24 PM
It's under Play when you click on another sim.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 5:03 AM
Targa thank you for these. I used them both with great pleasure (I hate those annoying behaviors) with Uni. I want to use them with NL but you haven't yet updated/approved them for use in NL. I would love to see this at your first possible opportunity. I am hesistant to try them in NL without a definite compatibility check from you.

Thanks again for sharing your great ideas & work!

P.S. Do you know if/when you or someone else will make a "no play punch you-punch me" hack? I hate that stupid game also! My sims want to engage in that idiotic bahavior when I want them to be doing something more productive.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rainbow
Actually, TwoJeffs and JM Pescado have had no kickybag and no pillow fight mods for quite a while now. I prefer to still have the option especially now with NL because they will come up as wants and there is no way to satisfy them. I wish they didn't do it quite so much but it doesn't bother me so much I would kill my sims! I can't believe people would kill their sims just because of kickybag or pillow fights, or stop playing the game because of it. I keep my sims pretty busy so they only play it when they aren't bogged down in other activities. You can also turn off free will.

I am glad Targa made this mod, even if you aren't. I cannot stand the stupid Kicky Bag game and the pillow fight. It was fun at first, when I first started playing University, I thought it was cute, but now its just annoying. It takes too dang long and gets in the way of other things I want my sims to do. And TwoJeffs and JM Pescado post their hacks elswhere these days. I use lots of hacks, so I don't care if its a want they cannot fulfill. I just use Insiminator to refresh their wants.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 4:40 PM Last edited by Gnostic Dreamer : 30th Oct 2005 at 11:01 PM.
Actually, TwoJeffs and JM Pescado have had no kickybag and no pillow fight mods for quite a while now.

I believe the mods are "no road pillows", which does not allow them to play in the road but everywhere else if fine...and "no indoors kickybag" which only allows kickybag outside. These still allow the silly behavior in adults...I wish only the teens and kiddies were allowed to do these things, just like the swings. Whenever I place the swings, the kids stay away like the plague, but the adults beeline for them whenever they are bored.

Targa...thanks for this...I plan to test with NL, and pray that it works.

------------------------

-Works perfectly with NL...no probs so far.
Inventor
#31 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 10:42 AM
Thank you! Pillow fights are annoying ALL the time
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SeaZephyr
I am glad Targa made this mod, even if you aren't. I cannot stand the stupid Kicky Bag game and the pillow fight. It was fun at first, when I first started playing University, I thought it was cute, but now its just annoying. It takes too dang long and gets in the way of other things I want my sims to do. And TwoJeffs and JM Pescado post their hacks elswhere these days. I use lots of hacks, so I don't care if its a want they cannot fulfill. I just use Insiminator to refresh their wants.

I was simply pointing out that there were hacks that dealt with this since Targa mentioned not being able to find any. If this hack fits what you want, that is great. I was simply stating my opinion, which I am entitled to just as you are entitled to yours. I personally prefer having the option still there. I use a lot of hacks also, a lot from JM and TwoJeffs, and I know how to refresh wants, but sometimes I just want them to be able to have a pillow fight.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 12:28 PM
Thank you for this mod. I don't mind the occasional pillow fight, but not to the point where my sims are peeing thier pants and dying of starvation. Of course, if someone could substitute the pillows for baseball bats, it might be a little more interesting.
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 11:28 PM
I don't understand who wouldn't want the pillow fight? It's the best part!
Test Subject
#35 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 12:25 AM
THANK GOD!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!*huge wet kisses*
Test Subject
#36 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 10:38 PM
I would prefere a "no pillow fights outside of bedroom" option. Seems more realistic, stops annoying pillow-fight-anywhere behavior, yet doesn't completely remove it from the game.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PleasantShake
I would prefere a "no pillow fights outside of bedroom" option. Seems more realistic, stops annoying pillow-fight-anywhere behavior, yet doesn't completely remove it from the game.

Pescado's "noroadpillows" mod fits that bill very well.

If you have NL, get this one:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...roadpillows.zip

If you just have Uni, get this one:
Test Subject
#38 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 10:22 PM
Pescado's "noroadpillows" mod fits that bill very well.

If you have NL, get this one:

If you just have Uni, get this one:

Excellent! This is perfect.
Test Subject
#39 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 4:46 PM
Great! I'm sick of my sims having pillow fights!
#40 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 11:05 AM
A thousand blessings upon your person. I've been getting sooooo annoyed with pillow fights. Takes up too much time. I haven't had a problem with the kickybag, but pillow fights......ggggrrrrrrrr!
Test Subject
#41 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 7:33 PM
Please tell me WHY, A person would want that out??? Beats the hell out of RED HANDS!!! Nothing like good old Pillow Fight any day!!
Field Researcher
#42 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mike35
Please tell me WHY, A person would want that out??? Beats the hell out of RED HANDS!!! Nothing like good old Pillow Fight any day!!

Well, if you read the rest of this thread, you will see that several of us have said why we want that out. It was fun & cute at first, but after a while it fast becomes a real nuisance & I for one can do without those silly games. I will be trying to get my sims to skill or take care of their pressing needs & all they want to do is play those silly nonsense games that are totally unproductive.

If you played the game as much as I do, (and I play A LOT), these games would get really old, really fast.

I now have several very nice hacks that eliminate ALL those behaviors...no more pillow fights, red hands or kicky bag, and I couldn't be happier! And I also have a hack or two that take care of those unfullfilled wants (eliminates them too). Got rid of playing in the tub & almost all jumping on the beds! And I doubt it will happen, but just in case I ever decide I WANT those behaviors back, all I have to do is turn off my hacks & those behaviors will be back. Don't think that will happen any time soon though.

Hacks & mods are my best friends! So much thanks to Targa and all the rest of the talented people out there that make my game more fun for me!
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 4:53 AM
Well i don' tottaly agree with you Mimi. I've play the game a LOT too and i haven't it doesn't piss me off that much they play those games, i don't like when people focus a lot in "sims productivity", i go for realism. Thats why i'm looking for mods that make them not to play so frequently those games and J.M pescado mod.
But i sitll think this mod is interesting and useful for many!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pyrobon
Well i don' tottaly agree with you Mimi. I've play the game a LOT too and i haven't it doesn't piss me off that much they play those games, i don't like when people focus a lot in "sims productivity", i go for realism. Thats why i'm looking for mods that make them not to play so frequently those games and J.M pescado mod.
But i sitll think this mod is interesting and useful for many!

To each his/her own! Like I said, if I ever want those behaviors back, all I have to do is take out my mods & hacks. It's that simple. If you like that silly behavior for "realism", that's fine. It also fits into reality to make kids (& adults) STOP playing at some point & do something productive. We can't 'play' 24/7 in reality either. At some point you have stop to eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, go to work/school, etc., so stopping Sims from playing to take care of needs very much fits into 'realism'. It all fits.
Test Subject
#45 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 4:40 PM
And thats why a say a mod for not letting them play those so frequently, but not to eliminate the behavior. I don't know why you feel the need to quote realism...unless you never played pillow fight in your life before. I did, as a kid and as an adult.
But as you said, to each his own.
Test Subject
#46 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 1:39 AM
Thanks Targa If I remove the file from the downloads folder I have the pillow fight option again?
sorry my english
Inventor
#47 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:46 PM
Is anyone aware if this works in OFB? It's annoying as anything to watch the business owners and employees start indoor pillow fights while angry customers wait around.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
#48 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 9:22 PM
Thanks you very much. This what I really wanted.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 1:21 AM
yes
omg thanks!! my sims always pillowfight and it's so damn annoying. :skull:

Call.Me.Liz
Test Subject
#50 Old 26th May 2006 at 2:44 PM
Thanks, I am sick and tired of those pillowfights, I would rather have them gone completley than have to watch my sims randomly pillowfight for ages.

(Oh I see someone has the same avatar as me, strange..I nearly thought I had commented here before!!)

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
Page 2 of 3