Replies: 801 (Who?), Viewed: 273824 times.
Page 19 of 33
Theorist
#451 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 2:52 AM
Just can't get over how awesome Lowedeus animated clouds, Criquette's horizon and Nopke's sky fix look together (this is the view from a home lot).

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#452 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 3:46 AM
I love the Artist Train Station residential home from here, so I used the train tracks to make an "abandoned train tracks" community lot (popular amongst teenagers, of course). They also quite literally serve as a separate from the "nicer" side of time from the lower cost apartments (currently housing the Broke family and a newly freed Nervous Subject). Also since this is technically Desiderata Valley, I had removed the original train and placed these lots roughly around the same spot that original train was. I quite like it
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#453 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 2:30 PM Last edited by HarVee : 6th Jun 2018 at 4:43 AM.
Paradiso de Manana, started this neighborhood in late 2013 I think. Had this saved on second HDD just waiting for the day when TS2 wanted work on Windows 8. This is only the main neighborhood. There are many subhoods connect to it.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#454 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 8:56 PM
The beginnings (again) of a supernatural-themed 'hood I've torn down and rebuilt three times now over the course of a couple months. I'm trying a different terrain by Maranatah, and I really like this island feel a lot better. I might actually keep this. I may have overdone it on the fog. Oh well! It's supposed to be look mysterious and sleepy anyway!!

Mad Poster
#455 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 11:36 AM Last edited by HarVee : 1st Nov 2016 at 2:23 PM.
A once sleepy community ruled by a royal family and governed by ancient traditions, now faces the challenges of a new era...

Theorist
#456 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 9:39 PM Last edited by Essa : 3rd Nov 2016 at 1:48 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopeT
Just can't get over how awesome Lowedeus animated clouds, Criquette's horizon and Nopke's sky fix look together (this is the view from a home lot).

@PenelopeT
I wholeheartedly second that. I confess I'm spending more time watching the moving clouds than actually play the household.
I have those in my game aswell and will got rid of my neighborhood sky object.
I plan to rebuilt my DL folder once I'll be done with building my new rig. Wish me luck.
Theorist
#457 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 1:41 AM
@Essa
Good luck on getting those downloads sorted. Paring down my downloads to mainly functional objects, Maxis add-ons, useful mods and stuff I make for my own game, has really made playing much more enjoyable. Enjoy your new computer too, I've been thinking about building a new Simming computer all year...hasn't happened yet. Maybe, I'll stop procrastinating and do it early next year.

@HarVee
Love your desert neighborhood - I've never been one for playing one, but your image is very inspiring.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Theorist
#458 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 1:58 AM
@PenelopeT
My current computer is good enough for TS2 but not enough to play Skyrim Legendary with mods and later Skyrim Special Edition. So I'm switching from a Amd/ATI Radeon platform to an Intel/Nvidia one.
Mad Poster
#459 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 2:06 AM Last edited by HarVee : 26th Jan 2019 at 12:09 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopeT
Love your desert neighborhood - I've never been one for playing one, but your image is very inspiring.

Thanks.

Despite been to Egypt, an Egypt neighborhood something I honestly never tried before in TS2 game. I found the pyramids at blackpearlsims, and thought perhaps now it was time to try. My 'hood is set up with two different districts. The area near pyramids features more modern looking architecture styles found in modern times, and where the statue located is old district that feature renovated 7-13th century Fatimid buildings.

The pyramid complex there has only the three biggest pyramids. It's missing the queen pyramids and the entire complex has been mirrored to the real with Sphynx face to the left instead right. I did keep some faithfulness to the real things by building large plots of land around the base for necropolis.

Test Subject
#460 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 10:22 AM
My new neighborhood with a working night skyline

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#461 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 6:08 PM
Ah yes, did you do that fix for lit up buildings? I keep meaning to go through my custom neighbourhood buildings.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#462 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 8:46 AM

The Hadi's future residence.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Link Ninja
#463 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 8:03 AM
Default Kashmire Region

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#464 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 2:05 AM
My new neighborhood, Seaside, is taking shape! I've used zaxis's City of Carnen as my starting point, but I've tweaked the map a little by using the Hood Replacer by Mootilda.

Screenshots
Test Subject
DELETED POST
29th Dec 2016 at 12:02 AM Last edited by priviel : 1st Feb 2017 at 2:42 AM.
Default Belvedere & York Grove
This message has been deleted by priviel.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#465 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 12:23 AM
Some pictures taken when i was playing with a new neighbourhood water shader- by Voeille, here.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Test Subject
#466 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 4:34 AM
It's amazing how good TS2 can still look after ten years with a little polish. I cannot remember where I got the mountain scenery but it's absolutely gorgeous.

Can I also say that I have a crush on Criquette's trees? They're perf.
Lab Assistant
#467 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 3:53 AM Last edited by lilyeverlasting : 21st Aug 2017 at 7:12 PM.
Some progress on the supernatural 'hood I've been decorating and spending too much time looking for houses and buildings for, for far too long:

Test Subject
#468 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 10:20 AM
The cc from these last few months is amazing. I could spend hours decorating my neighborhood if I didn't have to go to work.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#469 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 1:07 AM
Ahh well.. we all do have our "must have"-thingy.. mine is beachlots.. well I was wondering may I add those to the premadehoods (without using hoodreplacer, and not the ones allready can have beachlots) as I finally figured out what are the buttons to use in scandinavian keyboard to edit the terrain :D

So, Pleasantview and Veronaville were pretty easy to do... Strangetown.. eh.. there is that crater allready so I pretend there is another one Not hitten by UFO, just hitten by meteor, it was so huge so the hole is big, and it made an sort of an oasis :D

Riverblossom Hills.. oh well , needed more tweaking but there it is.. snowy but there must be some kinda summer at some point :D
Screenshots

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Past the point of no return,
No going back now,
Our passionplay is now begun.
Past thought of right or wrong, final question, how long have we wait before we're one?
~Andrew Loyd Webber (Phantom Of The Opera)

If curious, my Widespot+LGU+Bigg City
Mad Poster
#470 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 1:47 AM Last edited by HarVee : 13th Apr 2017 at 8:17 AM.
The dirt road overlay in image 3 I made myself specifically for this 'hood. It's a colour-altered copy of Criquette rural lane set.

Scholar
#471 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 3:18 AM
Omg @HarVee, those pics look epic. Keep us posted on the development of that hood. I've never seen an Egypt themed game before.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#472 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 4:21 AM
One of my dreams..to have Al Simhara as a TS2 'Hood...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#473 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 9:35 PM
I like how you've got the pyramids laid out like they are at Giza. That's also a pretty nice desert texture.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#474 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:11 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 15th Apr 2017 at 12:35 AM.
Hey @athatric, your Astoria Falls is gorgeous! What water shader are you using, and what sky?

So, thanks to y'all, I've discovered water shaders and skys. Look what it did to my Strangetown! Belladonna is Strangetown's Downtown, and Baskerville is it's Shopping District.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#475 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 9:48 PM
Belladonna looks gorgeous with the desert terrain and that sky Phaenoh! I like the shallow shoreline in Baskervilles. You may have just given me some inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
One of my dreams..to have Al Simhara as a TS2 'Hood...

World Adventures revealed to us that Al Simhara was Simlish name for Egypt. To help clarify, my neighborhood is not recreation of that actual TS3 world though, but because my neighborhood is based on same real-world location, it seems like it is. I do admit that some of the lots I have planned will be TS2 recreations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblebeam
Omg @HarVee, those pics look epic. Keep us posted on the development of that hood. I've never seen an Egypt themed game before.

I have thought about creating some sort of tumblr for it actually because I have big plans for it. I wanted to make it sort of like Megahood Hub, and have bunch of smaller subhoods based on other sections of Egypt. Oddly, these plans lead me to create Pinterest boards in my signature to keep track of CC I use for it.

Page 19 of 33