Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#476 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 7:43 PM
Default Arena Islands Progress Pictures
My turn! Here's some pictures of a new neighborhood I'm developing!

Here's a great side view of my new neighborhood. I almost always make neighborhoods with a continental climate so I wanted to try something different.
Right now it's just named Arena Islands because that's what the terrain is called, but I'm planning to change that soon.

Here's a top-down view of the decorated part so far. I plan on adding alot more decoration, I just don't know what quite yet.

Here's another top-down view but this time it's the entire neighborhood. It's a great start, but there's still lots of work to be done!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#477 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 8:30 PM
Oh wow..this shows me how much I suck at creating anything in SC4...I should go back under my rock. It's comfy there.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#478 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Oh wow..this shows me how much I suck at creating anything in SC4...I should go back under my rock. It's comfy there.

I didn't create this terrain just to be clear, I just decorated it. Maranatah created the SC4 terrain if you're interested.
Mad Poster
#479 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 8:57 PM
Well, you or Maranatha..I still suck you know? lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#480 Old 4th May 2017 at 3:22 AM

Still rebuilding this 'hood well... I changed everything other than the sims, but whatever. XD This is what it looked like when I last worked on it. :'3

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Lab Assistant
#481 Old 12th May 2017 at 8:30 PM Last edited by aparkin85 : 20th May 2017 at 6:03 PM.
Pleasantview
Screenshots
Instructor
#482 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 7:57 PM
A little WIP on my new hood "Little Andalusia".
I shall fix some trees and more deco but I am going on vacation so.. you will have to wait at-least 2 weeks!
Instructor
#483 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 11:21 PM

I'm blown away by the quality of everyone's graphics cards and the sheer beauty I'm seeing. I don't have anything at the moment, but....damn!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#484 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 9:55 PM
Lab Assistant
#485 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 2:51 AM
Default Bluewater Village

Screenshots
Link Ninja
#486 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 2:04 AM
Default Downtown scapes
Some up close and personal shots of my downtown urban landscapes

Scandalica City, near the Bayview Puplic Park

Memosa Bay, across from the State Park

Memosa Bay, near the new Evannt Lofts that @Phaenoh Built

Scandalica City Apartments in King's Station district.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Instructor
#487 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 11:09 AM Last edited by emmyjulia : 18th Sep 2017 at 12:47 PM.
Well new hood again.. cant stop myself. Just a little WIP.

Floating trees...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#488 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 5:28 PM
Lovely - those horizons are brilliant aren't they?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#489 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:07 AM
Oh totally - not sure what to do without them now!
Mad Poster
#490 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 7:31 PM
I just got the horizons, and skies too! Like emmyjulia said

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#491 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 2:55 AM
Downtown

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#492 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 12:17 PM
Some of that hood deco is great - I'm currently having a rebuild project in Little Carping. Your motorway looks excellent.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#493 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Some of that hood deco is great - I'm currently having a rebuild project in Little Carping. Your motorway looks excellent.

Thank you, Most of that hood deco is by Psycho sims, there are are a few 3to2 conversions as well which I'm sure are by Veranka, the rest can be found here at MTS. Of course there are a few pieces which I have no idea where they came from - a result of 10 years worth of collecting.
Lab Assistant
#494 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 9:45 PM Last edited by Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat : 27th Sep 2017 at 10:47 AM.
New improved Downtown. You can't see them that well, but parking lots everywhere!
Screenshots
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#495 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat
New improved Downtown.
So THAT's what Downtown is supposed to look like! Fabulous! Is the carnival a lot, and if so, where can I get it too? <3
Lab Assistant
#496 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
So THAT's what Downtown is supposed to look like! Fabulous! Is the carnival a lot, and if so, where can I get it too? <3

Thanks! There's such awesome content avaliable now, I love using night enabled deco.
The carnival is a community lot that I build and it isn't up for grabs, sorry. But if you are interested, here is a great amusement park with a wild rollercoaster ride. I kept mine simple, to make it compatible with Echo's rollercoaster, but I love the versatility of that set.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#497 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 8:48 AM
I felt really inspired by the recent downtown pics posted here ( :lovestruc ), so finally decided it was time to try making my own! With the help of JodelieJodelie's empty downtown as a base, and plenty of inspiration from here, I started. This is still very much a WIP, but I had a lot of fun and am excited to see where it goes.

I'll start with a horizon shot. This is one of the earliest pics I took, so not everything in it remains the same, now. Lots and lots and lots of moving and changing things around. But I do love that mosque. That's definitely a keeper.

Later, I ended up placing the big Bella statue nearby the mosque, because I've got a sort of statue park thing going on there. Don't think I have any decent pics of it yet, though. But anyway, moving on to nearby the train station. You can see Bella in the background, but in the foreground we have these two lovely buildings which I imagine might be some sort of historical society/museum. There's a small park in between.

Behind those buildings we have the entrance into the train station and a big blue building, which again is probably some sort of historical society, or a country club maybe?

Turning around to a different angle, here we get a better shot of the train station. The round building is a metro by Lowedeus, so I might put more of them around the place as a means of underground transport, to get to other parts of the city.

Now, moving to a completely different part of the city (by imaginary metro!), here a cute little corner. You can see the monorail buzzing by behind it. This building is so small, it's one of the few that fit just in front of the monorail. I kept having to move the monorail back whenever I wanted to put more small buildings just in front.

On the opposite corner, there's a sweet little park. (Also, lol, you can see what I meant earlier; note that building clipping with the monorail)

I was going to save night shots for last, but this is the square just behind that park. Those cherry blossom trees are so pretty <3

On the corner opposite that square you can follow the big fat arrow sign to a fancy dinner. I really like how this area turned out. Later, I might build my own diner here.

Another angle of the diner. Peeking through you can just barely see my "China Town" - the Maxis brown Tori gate leads through to an alley lined with pink cherry blossoms. This'll give me an excuse to plop down a sushi bar in the future. Anyway, see the arrow sign in the bottom right? I wonder what it's pointing too......

IT'S A DINOSAUR!!!!!!!! I love this piece of hood deco. I decided to make him feel at home with some jungle plants as a backdrop. This was kind of inspired by Perth Zoo; when I was really young I visited there and they had this big dinosaur in a jungle area. I think it roared when you walked past it. I was both scared and awed by it, hahah.

Moving on past the dino, we have the fair! More beautiful/awesome hood deco. Past this area there's a big empty space where I will eventually build my own amusement park.

Now for some night pics! Low angle overview; (needs more skyscrapers!!!)

Another angle, the cargo train bridge exiting/entering the city;

From the less glamorous side of town, there's train tracks behind a factory, which I should fence off. I should also probably light up the tracks, hmm. But this pic is a good segue-way into the next area!

See that graffiti'd building above? You can just see it past the trees in the yard of this house.

And here's the factory (on the right) mentioned above, during daytime. This is the grungier side of the city.

Anyway, that's it for now! I can't wait to get back to it, but I want to download a bit more hood deco CC and also organise what I've got a bit more...neatly.

My simblrIcon credit
Lab Assistant
#498 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 7:08 PM Last edited by Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat : 2nd Oct 2017 at 7:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LOLBAG2
I felt really inspired by the recent downtown pics posted here ( :lovestruc ), ...

It goes both ways, since now I got inspired by your downtown pics. I also used jodelie's decorated downtown as a base and I love the idea of surrounding the dino with jungle plants.
Forum Resident
#499 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 7:30 PM
been fiddling with the terrain mod cheat and finally whipped perky island to just the way I like it :lovestruc
Screenshots
Test Subject
#500 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 12:31 PM
I've loved looking through this thread, so inspiring!

Here's my current hood, Ferncombe. There's a business disctrict too, but most of the lots are functional and cause cause lag, so it's not at all decorated. It's got a main hood university, for those that can't afford to go to Sim State, and I've had a lot of fun building the faculty lots for that.

I'm hoping that one day it will develop into a full FSBS type of neighbourhood, but for now I'm just going to enjoy playing everyone! Pictures in the spoiler tag. It's winter ingame right now so I'll be taking more pictures in a couple rounds, hopefully.

After being away from the game for about 3 years, I'm amazed to see the advancement in neighbourhood deco! Moving skies, viewable from lots?! And fancy new trees? Love it all.
Page 20 of 35