Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampire Tweaker V5.1

by ferferga Posted 21st Apr 2014 at 11:48 AM - Updated 15th Jun 2018 at 4:09 PM by ferferga : Updated to V5.1

378 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 319 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 16
Test Subject
#301 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 9:28 PM
Quick problem post.

Blood on body/face/neck seems to like staying around permanently, or until I reset my sim with Master Controller.
This is occasional ^, not all of the time but when it happens, it becomes a problem.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#302 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 3:50 PM
Awesome news! I think that i solved the bug of the makeup. Now, I´m working to give you the ability to customize all the mod in-game, instead of XML Tuning. Stay tuned.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#303 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by midnightphoenixo9
Firstly as many others have previously stated. Awesome Mod! I really enjoy it a lot. now with that being said I have been having a few problems, and while I've been modding since The Sims, I must admit that I am little better than an amateur. I've spent the better part of the day trying to troubleshoot and understand why the mod wasn't working in its entirety. At the beginning I was only missing the resurrect option. Then I made a new family and the kill option disappeared. I tried Using Nraas's master controller to rest the neighborhood and see if that fixed it but no dice. At the city all, all the interactions were turned on. So looked on here and seen some posts where people were having similar issues. but i didn't find a solution.

I saw you post that we needed all the previous versions and not just the most uptodate one so I went and installed them. At that point the mod seemed to have disappeared from the game. I then tried to uninstall and reinstall the mod. Nothing changed. I tried reinstalling all the versions and that didn't work. then I tried to restore the mod folder from before i started screwing with things. now the only part of the mod present is the blood on the characters after they feed, and the feed from the neck instead of the wrist.

I am officially stumped. And I like it soo much, that I would really like to figure out why its not working when it used to. I refuse to let it fall into the catergory of my other complicated mods (where I stop caring and uninstall them altogether.)

I spent more than 8 hours to troubleshoot that issue. But, in my test mod, EVERYTHING, is working fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#304 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by givememodsalready
Quick problem post.

Blood on body/face/neck seems to like staying around permanently, or until I reset my sim with Master Controller.
This is occasional ^, not all of the time but when it happens, it becomes a problem.

Never happened to me, but in the new version (in test hood), i improved the tracking system (wich i suppose is bugging you sometimes).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#305 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stellaumbra
This is a pretty great mod, I got to say I like the ability to forcibly turn someone into a vampire. I really hope to see your 5th version come out soon. Great job and thank you for making it.

Soon, i hope that one annoying bug is fixed
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#306 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sparky1922
As others have already said kudos for all your hard work and dedication re this mod, I use another vampire mod for certain actions so was not sure if it would work, however its perfect and I just love the way the appear here action works in a flurry of bats (I think it is) and what fun the mind control is making a non family sim a temp member of the family to do anything you want LOL If anyone is reading this wondering whether to try this mod honestly its just so much fun so give it a go!

Wich mod is it? Perhaps i can provide you more information.
Test Subject
#307 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fer456
I spent more than 8 hours to troubleshoot that issue. But, in my test mod, EVERYTHING, is working fine.

perhaps its conflicting with some other mod i have running. i considered it but there was no way i wanted to admit it. the only way i know how to trouble shoot that is to uninstall them all and then reinstall them one by one until i get issues...
TT~TT

Thanks for the time you put into the problem.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#308 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by midnightphoenixo9
perhaps its conflicting with some other mod i have running. i considered it but there was no way i wanted to admit it. the only way i know how to trouble shoot that is to uninstall them all and then reinstall them one by one until i get issues...
TT~TT

Thanks for the time you put into the problem.

No, if there is a conflicting scripting mod (strange), normally, the game crashes at start or when it triggers an action. But it isn't what's happening in our case.
Test Subject
#309 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 3:36 PM
Thanks for the opportunity to try this mod, it is a lot of fun and obviously you have put a lot of work into it but unfortunately I had to uninstall it

Like others I had the issue of permanent bloodstaining on my vampire, even mastercontroller couldn't remove it, I tried attacking, washing and then not saving, repeating the process I had either blood remaining on her body, her face or both.

I removed my custom skin and all other mods (with the exception of mastercontroller and overwatch) to see if that would fix the issue I was having as I could live without them for this mod (it is that much fun) but sadly it didn't and I couldn't live with the permanent bloodstaining in the end. The uninstall wizard worked perfectly however and it is now gone from my game.

It's a shame that the mod didn't work for me as the effort you have put into it is obvious and I'd like to thank you for that anyway, I'll definitely keep checking back for any possible future updates to it..
Test Subject
#310 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 6:50 PM
Default I can help
Quote: Originally posted by givememodsalready
Quick problem post.

If the blood doesn't wash off type in 'testingcheatsenabled true' and shift click your sim with the permanent blood. Click edit sim in create a sim. GO to make-up and click the costume makeup. Click any type and the blood will disappear then you click it off and all the blood should be gone. Hope it helps!
Test Subject
#311 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 1:43 AM
A while back, I posted a comment saying that the blood did not work. Today after playing sims after reinstalling my sim games(I got a new computer), the blood started working, with me taking no mods out. I don't know what caused it to randomly work again, but I must have had a corrupted file or something in my last sim game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#312 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 10:22 PM Last edited by crj0703 : 23rd Aug 2015 at 10:46 PM.
Hello, i really like this mod although ive been having some problems. The first time i olayed the game with this mod it worked perfectly fine, although now my child's, who is a 9vampire, face is completely missing although the face is back when he is asleep or in a shower and i found that when teleporting the bats also do not appear. Do you have any solutions as to how to fix this?
Test Subject
#313 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:05 AM Last edited by wassimGAG : 24th Aug 2015 at 7:20 PM.
Default Always Fuckin' Crashing
First I would like to say THANK YOU FOR CREATING THIS MOD!But actually I have issues with build mod,the game crashes all the time when I use your mod but if I remove your mod everything works fine .I checked if I have any incompatible mods and I don't .so do I need to update my game ?(I'm currently using version 1.63).Is it necessary to install version by version and not skipping all the versions to version 4(cause I did install version 4 without installing other versions)
Theorist
#314 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 1:44 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 7th Sep 2015 at 6:05 AM.
Having a slight problem with this mod where after installing it, after a full Sim day my vampire's thirst bar failed to drain a single inch. I can't think of any other mods I have that could effect vampires. Also when training skills at night they can gain an entire skill level in only a few seconds. I was aware of a bug like this that could effect vampire children, but not adults created by the game. I'm sad to say that unless I use testingcheats to lower their thirst myself, and use purposeful restraint with their skill learning these problems make this mod unusable.

After looking through the changelogs and seeing that you've removed nearly every buff/debuff in the game plus the ability to eat or drink anything I was wondering if you could make a "lite" version of this mod. With the facemakeup and the red eyes and everything listed in the mods description but without removing the ability to eat and drink. I have a huge collection of mods dedicated to allowing my vampires to cook a wide variety of foods and make nectars using plasma fruit and I think it's a shame I'd have to give up that or this just because there are conflicting viewpoints in vampire lore.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#315 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 11:43 AM
Hi all guys! Just to say that i will try to upload a test version of V5. Is finished now, but, as i can´t test anything. But it should work fine, all as i can test is working as expected.

Please, guys, when i upload this, give me feedback of how it works If all works as expected, i will just release as final version. Thanks guys!

All of the people reporting issues... Take a look to the new version. I will try to post it as soon as I can.
Test Subject
#316 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 4:07 PM
Any news about when you will be able to upload the v5 test version?
Btw, i can give you the feedback in spanish if that help you

Saludos.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#317 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusoRules
Any news about when you will be able to upload the v5 test version?
Btw, i can give you the feedback in spanish if that help you

Saludos.

No worries about languague. And yes, I know that I´m late, but I want to prepare out the description first, instead of just uploading the file. Please, be patient a bit more, this weekend will be out
Test Subject
#318 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Having a slight problem with this mod where after installing it, after a full Sim day my vampire's thirst bar failed to drain a single inch. I can't think of any other mods I have that could effect vampires. Also when training skills at night they can gain an entire skill level in only a few seconds. I was aware of a bug like this that could effect vampire children, but not adults created by the game. I'm sad to say that unless I use testingcheats to lower their thirst myself, and use purposeful restraint with their skill learning these problems make this mod unusable.

After looking through the changelogs and seeing that you've removed nearly every buff/debuff in the game plus the ability to eat or drink anything I was wondering if you could make a "lite" version of this mod. With the facemakeup and the red eyes and everything listed in the mods description but without removing the ability to eat and drink. I have a huge collection of mods dedicated to allowing my vampires to cook a wide variety of foods and make nectars using plasma fruit and I think it's a shame I'd have to give up that or this just because there are conflicting viewpoints in vampire lore.

I have the very same problem here. Besides, I'm not using any other mod instead of this one. Instead of asking for a lite version of this mod, I would like to solve the bug and play the whole mod, but I'm out of ideas. By the way, nice work!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#319 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enaralarra
I have the very same problem here. Besides, I'm not using any other mod instead of this one. Instead of asking for a lite version of this mod, I would like to solve the bug and play the whole mod, but I'm out of ideas. By the way, nice work!!

It was a wanted feature by me. Anyway, the values were bad configured compared some other conditionals on the game, so I will return vanilla values on the next version. It should be published today.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#320 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 3:36 PM
Version 5 is out as test version. Please, give me all the feedback of the features you can. Tell me if the persistent issues where fixed. All is appreciated . If the feedback says that the version is stable, I will just remove the "TEST" tag.

Thanks all for all the patient for this version!
Lab Assistant
#321 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 3:44 AM
Apparently the mod is crashing my game. After this message (picture below) the game freezes and I can't click anything, sometimes it just closes.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#322 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gskdoleo
Apparently the mod is crashing my game. After this message (picture below) the game freezes and I can't click anything, sometimes it just closes.

Exactly the same for me. Anyway, good work!! And I really like the new changes you've done! Thank you so much for your effort!
Lab Assistant
#323 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enaralarra
Exactly the same for me. Anyway, good work!! And I really like the new changes you've done! Thank you so much for your effort!

I'm getting the exact same error also.
Field Researcher
#324 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 7:06 AM
Any chance of this being a pure scripting mod with options, or separating the features into separate packages, because right now it conflicts with far too many other XML mods and tweaks (numerous rabbitholes, activities, skills, interactions, buffs, objects) , also I don't care for added paintings and such, but would like to use some of the scripted functions.
Test Subject
#325 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 11:15 AM
I´m suffering the same error after loading. In the very moment that the message appears, game cfreezes and if you go to the main window of your computer a crash game message appears. I will attach the script errors that i received in the first 3 tries.

Estoy sufriendo el mismo error que los demás, en cuanto la partida carga, aparece el mensaje deaviso del vampire tweaker y todo se queda congelado. En cuanto salgo al escritorio aparece un mensaje de que el juego se ha cerrado debido a un error. Te adjunto los scripterrorrs de mis tres primeros intentos.
Page 13 of 16