Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Work/Study Hard Gains More Performance (UPDATE: 2021-08-16)

by egureh Posted 11th Oct 2014 at 3:37 AM - Updated 15th Aug 2021 at 5:32 PM by egureh

192 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 103 Feedback Posts, 88 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 8
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#126 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zaleth
Wondering if this still is working with the 1.19 patch

Yep, no need to update.
Test Subject
#127 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 9:43 PM
Is it working with 1.22.22 ?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#128 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sakira1993
Is it working with 1.22.22 ?

Sure.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#129 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 3:24 AM
Does it work with City Living?
Test Subject
#130 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 6:03 PM
Does this work with patch 1.24.102.1020?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#131 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nataliie
Does this work with patch 1.24.102.1020?

Yep, perfectly compatible.
Test Subject
#132 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 1:08 AM
I think the prepatch for City Living broke it... not working for me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 6:53 PM
This is a very needed mod. Thanks alot
Field Researcher
#134 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 8:02 PM
Does this work with City Living?

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Test Subject
#135 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 5:41 AM
No longer works for me. Not sure if it's City Living or if it's conflicting with MCCC updates. Not sure which, if not both, is adversely affecting this mod.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 6:18 PM
It still works for me but I had to download the X20 to be quickly promoted, before I was fine with the X5 but it works apparently not for me anymore.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 5:32 AM
Thank you.I know you worked hard on this. ....I'll go now. Thanks...again.
Test Subject
#138 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 1:31 PM
In my case its not working and i have version 1.25.136.1020
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#139 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 0m4ly
In my case its not working and i have version 1.25.136.1020

Actually it's still compatible with Version 1.25.136, but not with Version 1.26.96, however I am waiting for the vampire code updating, so just be patient please.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#140 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 12:35 AM
Thanks egureh. I'll look for the update after the GP is released.
Test Subject
#141 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 5:07 PM
Thanks for your mod! Could you add a "x3" flavour ? I think it's too easy otherwise, with the x25 version, my sims come back from work with a new promotion every day, too easy when you're doing a challenge... :X

English is not my native language, don't be afraid to tell me if you don't understand what I'm saying.
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bisou-n-ours
Thanks for your mod! Could you add a "x3" flavour ? I think it's too easy otherwise, with the x25 version, my sims come back from work with a new promotion every day, too easy when you're doing a challenge... :X

I'd second this request if that's OK. I'm frustrated with what seems to me to be a change to the amount of benefit "Work hard" has nowadays, but I don't want virtual freebie promotion every day. x 3 would suit me fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#143 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 8:52 AM Last edited by egureh : 26th Jan 2017 at 8:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bisou-n-ours

Then why don't you go to work with Normal state...?
You could just keep your own pace and swith to Work Hard on the promotion day as planned.
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by egureh
Then why don't you go to work with Normal state...?
You could just keep your own pace and swith to Work Hard on the promotion day as planed.

I always set my sims to Work Hard when I'm ready to have them chase that promotion at higher levels. That seems to be how the game was designed to work if you want to push for a promotion, after all ...I'm not entirely daft

However, I feel that the Work Hard option is less effective now than it used to be and I suspect that that means that the Entrepreneur reward is still broken and doesn't give the boost to work performance that it used to give (or maybe I'm imagining it all and I've just become crap at playing the game). I seem to get little or no benefit from Entrepreneur anymore, anyway, and I was hoping that a smaller boost from your mod might help to redress the balance somewhat while not making promotions too easy.

I enjoy the little challenges of the game, but I hate missing a promotion late on a Friday evening because a game feature doesn't work properly any more. I'd rather be able to solve that with a small tweak than a sledgehammer, hence my request.

I appreciate your skills as a modder and respect your right to build mods however you choose to do so, and I apologise if my request has in any way upset you. Thank you for taking the time to respond to me, it's much appreciated.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#145 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deathrolla
I always set my sims to Work Hard when I'm ready to have them chase that promotion at higher levels. That seems to be how the game was designed to work if you want to push for a promotion, after all ...I'm not entirely daft

However, I feel that the Work Hard option is less effective now than it used to be and I suspect that that means that the Entrepreneur reward is still broken and doesn't give the boost to work performance that it used to give (or maybe I'm imagining it all and I've just become crap at playing the game). I seem to get little or no benefit from Entrepreneur anymore, anyway, and I was hoping that a smaller boost from your mod might help to redress the balance somewhat while not making promotions too easy.

I enjoy the little challenges of the game, but I hate missing a promotion late on a Friday evening because a game feature doesn't work properly any more. I'd rather be able to solve that with a small tweak than a sledgehammer, hence my request.

I appreciate your skills as a modder and respect your right to build mods however you choose to do so, and I apologise if my request has in any way upset you. Thank you for taking the time to respond to me, it's much appreciated.

Just added a x5 flavor, you can have a try. I don't think Work Hard has been weakened since I always use x50 myself and the effect keeps steady.
Won't make it x3, I prefer rounding numbers to the nearest 5.
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 2:50 AM Last edited by deathrolla : 29th Jan 2017 at 12:27 AM.
Just added a x5 flavor, you can have a try. I don't think Work Hard has been weakened since I always use x50 myself and the effect keeps steady.

x5 it is then. I shall give it a try immediately. Thanks very much indeed.

YES!! x5 is visibly that little bit quicker. Excellent mod!!
Test Subject
#147 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 7:55 AM

Thank a lot, x5 is still a little number so I think it won't be as fast as the x25 is! Thanks again!

And I don't use the normal because it's too slow :/ and the base game work hard is way too slow, as deathrolla said :p

English is not my native language, don't be afraid to tell me if you don't understand what I'm saying.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 8:37 AM
Thank you very much for the updating !!!
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 3:38 PM
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but some careers performance plummet back to average right after work. Even if they do their after work routine.
Test Subject
#150 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 8:14 PM
Dear Egureh is your mod Work/Study Hard" Gains More Performance working with active jobs like doctor, police officer or scientist ?
Your once had post a mod with active jobs performance. I also want to thank you for your great mods.
Page 6 of 8