Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Buyable Vehicles / No Moveobjects needed for Cars *Updated for EP*

by Petreak Posted 10th Nov 2004 at 9:33 PM - Updated 11th Dec 2008 at 6:57 PM by -Maylin-

132 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 124 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 9:58 PM
You've outdone yourself, again. This will be great, im turning the small neighboorhodd of PLeasentview into a bustling city!
Test Subject
#77 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 11:53 PM
i have a question for u guys, how do i take a car and recolor and add stuff to it. like if i want to make the general lee from the dukes of hazzard. i already have the car compleat but every time i try to export it to the game it wont do it. this is how i done the car.

1) took a 1974 trans am from a websiter i downloaded it from.
2) i then took the car to paint and colored it orange and put a rebel flag on top, a 01 on both sides and the word general lee above the doors next to the reble flag, just like the general lee.
3) then i finifsh it off by importing it to the SimPE package editor.
4) last but not least i delete the unwanted pics from the 11 pic of the car(if u know what i mean), then i try to export it to the file thta i started from but i it says " cannot export files to game" or somethin like that.

y does it do that. i only have the first version of the simpe, do i need the new and updated version or do i need something else.

if u know exactilly how to take a downloaded car and turn it into another car like the general lee. plz help me guys.

thanks..
Field Researcher
#78 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 8:26 AM
Hey, I have noticed a 'clash' with another vehicle 'mod' made by Simfantastic2 http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=688989top
I downloaded and installed yours previously and the vehicles weren't showing up when I viewed the neighbourhood screen, even though I had placed them on lots while in-game (primarily the pickup truck as I am fond of using it in Stangetown *grins*) As they worked during gameplay I didn't see an issue, but after finding Simfantastic2's recolours (I wanted a red truck and a fawn/white one) the game froze after I installed it and then when I managed to get it working mysteriously gameplay was choppy at best. So seeing as how the recolours were showing up in neighbourhood view I deleted yours (all 22 or so) in game and things looked to have improved. I can't tell you what else caused it but I can only assume we can't have two similar objects (even though they used different 'base objects' isn't that correct?) in game. I may be wrong like I said but just thought I'd bring it to your attention. Damn shame though, especially for the NPC vehicles (like cop car and ambulance which are useful for storytelling). Guess I was greedy; wanted all the cars plus recolours too? *shrugs again*
Thanks anyway for your galant effort. Hope it's just my comp glitch and not your mod. :D
Test Subject
#79 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 12:07 PM
What's the 'move_objects' cheat?
#80 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 7:15 PM
Press ctrl+c then type in move_objects on to turn the cheat on.
To turn it off, do the same except instead of on, put off.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 1:44 PM
Thanx looks great
Test Subject
#82 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 11:50 PM
Thanks! This helps out with greater details in community lots.
Test Subject
#83 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 11:53 PM
How do you get your Sims from your games to be in your avatar folder for MTS2 when posting your replys.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 1:31 AM
Cool! Thanks for sharing! I needed to populate a parking lot.
Test Subject
#85 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 6:48 PM
Good on you Petresk. Your work has inspired others to carry it on to a useable result. Keep on keeping on. your effort is much appreciated.
Test Subject
#86 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 11:49 AM
Great, thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#87 Old 12th Sep 2005 at 9:56 PM
The new expansion is about to come out that makes vehicles buyable. I suggest that everyone remove my cars before intalling the new expansion in case there are some conflicts. I'll test the cars with the new expansion as soon as I get it and see if I find any problems. If anyone else find problems, please let me know about them.
Inventor
#88 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 11:32 AM
Thank you very much for all your hardwork petreak!
Happy Moddin'/Simmin'!
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Scholar
#89 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 2:40 PM
if you have nightlife you don't need these.
Inventor
#90 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 5:41 AM
I do have nightlife but I cannot get them int he game by just grabbing them like these are. So far, no glitches..
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 7:54 PM Last edited by nicvncnt : 8th Oct 2005 at 7:59 PM. Reason: Typo
these work great with N/L - you can populate parking lots in community lots with them and there is no conflict with your own sim's vehicle
Inventor
#92 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 12:17 AM
Nicvncnt. That's what I've done, including an attempt at a firestation. Sure wish ea would come out with something like that. Hospitals, firestations, police stations, etc that you can visit and file complaints at lol. :D

Cars still work great so far. no conflicts known.

Thanks still
xts

Lab Assistant
#93 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 5:46 AM
ca nyou make these driveable for NL just like normal buyable cars. and maby even the helicoper and UFO..... just maby
Test Subject
#94 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 10:55 AM
can you actually use the vecihles to travel to community lots etc instead of calling a cab :fallen:
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 11:56 PM
when i was looking for a drivable bus, i found more than just a bus! thanks!
Test Subject
#96 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 4:47 PM
Working Cars
This is a really cool upload. You should try and get these cars to work for real. Now thats theres nightlife you can do that! that would be so cool if these cars would be animated!
Test Subject
#97 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 2:23 AM
:jaw: amazing!! :nod:

Some Sims Never Change, Like Mine :frying:
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 10:20 PM
er... nevermind. i don't read anything. i just download it. :mad: i deleted it when i found out it couldn't be droven!
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 3:23 AM
thanks. i really need these

"Legends Never Die"-Harold Hunter 4/2/74-2/17/06
Test Subject
#100 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 9:06 AM
I love the sims 2
Page 4 of 6