Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1826 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
...I prefer this as community ...that could work as cemetery. But also could be a museum, a big park, a fishing spot, a wedding venue, an archer's field...

That's a good idea to put the Manor up on a bit of a hill - I'll do that.
For food - there is a park grill and some seating over in the 'village' area, and the Manor has a kitchen downstairs...
I think, if I upload it, it will be as a community lot/museum type place - with a suggestion that it might work as a hotel, or family estate.
Thanks, Vic

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Alchemist
#1827 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 8:03 PM
I think it'd work well as some sort of Old Town museum, or as residence for an eccentric Sim

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1828 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
I think it'd work well as some sort of Old Town museum, or as residence for an eccentric Sim

Is there two days till your birthday Johnny? ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Alchemist
#1829 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 12:16 AM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 25th Jun 2021 at 5:44 PM.
Is there two days till your birthday Johnny? ^_^

And Catherine's!

#1830 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 11:48 PM
❤❤❤ Happy Birthday Johnny and Catherine! ❤❤❤
:lovestruc Best wishes!

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#1831 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 2:55 PM
I hope you have a swell day planned, @Johnny_Bravo! Enjoy .
I'ma gonna build

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1832 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 3:41 PM
Just started this plan yesterday! I'll have pics of it up later today! Its a traditional plan with a modern touch!

https://www.architecturaldesigns.co...UFBQUFBR0RYdVN3

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1833 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
...Its a traditional plan with a modern touch!

Oh! That looks interesting! I bet it will be fun to work on - can't wait to see it .

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1834 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Oh! That looks interesting! I bet it will be fun to work on - can't wait to see it .

Slightly different than what ive been building

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1835 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 11:26 PM
Here is what i have so far :
Do you like the horizontal or vertical siding?
I think I prefer the Vertical siding better
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1836 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
Here is what i have so far :
Do you like the horizontal or vertical siding?
I think I prefer the Vertical siding better

I would actually say horizontal. There's enough verticality with the steeply pitched roofs and the tall chimneys. A matter of taste, I suppose.
Also, is the right side of the house actually supposed to be on a diagonal? Doesn't look that way in the picture you posted uptopic.
Forum Resident
#1837 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
I would actually say horizontal. There's enough verticality with the steeply pitched roofs and the tall chimneys. A matter of taste, I suppose.
Also, is the right side of the house actually supposed to be on a diagonal? Doesn't look that way in the picture you posted uptopic.

Yes check the floorplans: the right side is supposed to be angled!
And I just lowered the roof life to look a little better with the vertical siding!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1838 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 6:31 PM

The floor plans have a diagonal section

As for the siding I'm thinking different. To me it could use some extra verticality since the home is fairly wide.

#1839 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 8:55 PM
I was just messing around with the Grid-Adjuster (ya know... like you do)
And I came up with this today:

...I think it might fit the #Cottagecore theme?
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1840 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 4:13 AM
Now I see the plans - hadn't scrolled down far enough this morning.
Theorist
#1841 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 2:10 PM
I was just messing around with the Grid-Adjuster (ya know... like you do)
And I came up with this today:

...I think it might fit the #Cottagecore theme?

This house follows exactly sweet pictures I found when googled for cottagecore.

Alchemist
#1842 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 2:24 PM
That'd certainly fit the Cottagecore theme.

#1843 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 3:57 PM
I've been looking at Sims 4 houses people have uploaded and I'm starting to get the impression that this game has some great building features that we don't have for Sims 2. For example, there this new upload: https://modthesims.info/d/657802/mo...esidential.html
Let me point out a few things I really like:

1) Pitched roof with no eaves - something I've always thought I wish I could do with Sims 2
2) Stairs with a landing that doesn't appear to be CFE'd.
3) Bunk beds - Maxis or CC?
4) Full-size bed placed against a wall - is this functional on the side that's against the wall without a mod?
5) 2-step platforms (the porch)
These things are besides the things that have been obvious for some time, like narrower driveways, washers and dryers (are they functional?), kitchen cabinets (presumably Maxis) and probably others.

Is there starting to be a consensus that Sims 4 is the better game? Are the building options better?
Alchemist
#1844 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 9:17 PM
I think building-wise, TS4 has a lot to offer now that it has a bazillion EP's and SP's, with many ways of customizing stuff by simply clicking and dragging.
From the little time I've spend with vanilla Sims 4, with the roofs you can have either no eaves, chalet-style overhangs and anything in-between, thick and thin, with multiple coverings, as in one part can be shingled, and an other part could be tiled.
You can click and drag foundations to the desired height, whereas walls have 3 different heights to choose from.
The possibility to have U or L-shaped stairs came with some EP because it's not possible in the vanilla game.

Bunk beds are Maxis. also an EP I think.

Adding to that are various decorative items such as cornices and beams in different sizes.
For a lot of all the good stuff you see, you need the EP's and SP's. The basegame is very... lacking.

On an other topic; I'm fairly bummed out about the #Cottagecore theme actually, because my last upload would fit right in, but one's not allowed to re-use old uploads
Still can't build a new one, either.

#1845 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 1:59 AM
...Is there starting to be a consensus that Sims 4 is the better game? Are the building options better?

I don't think so.
I can almost do all of that ^ with the various TS2 tools - and certainly with CC.
I think TS4 is a cash-grabbing machine; and I'm not get sucked into the vortex of it.

Have you seen the building demo for ParaLives? (I don't have a a linksie, sorry.) It looked pretty flippin fantastic!
But, until that is released and all the bugs worked out, I'm very happy with TS2

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1846 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 6:59 AM
Thanks for the info, Johnny Bravo.

I don't think so.
I can almost do all of that ^ with the various TS2 tools - and certainly with CC.
I think TS4 is a cash-grabbing machine; and I'm not get sucked into the vortex of it.

Hmm, well, there are many things you just can't do with Sims 2.
As far as cash grabbing, they all were, imo. It wasn't until 2013 that I bought all the Sims 2 stuff for about $100 and I would expect that to happen with any future purchases I may make. Not to mention I'd probably need a new computer to run Sims 4, although I haven't checked the hardware requirements.

Quote:
Have you seen the building demo for ParaLives? (I don't have a a linksie, sorry.) It looked pretty flippin fantastic!
But, until that is released and all the bugs worked out, I'm very happy with TS2

That does look fantastic; thanks for the heads up.
Theorist
#1847 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 1:26 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 30th Jun 2021 at 2:07 PM.
I've been looking at Sims 4 houses people have uploaded and I'm starting to get the impression that this game has some great building features that we don't have for Sims 2. For example, there this new upload: https://modthesims.info/d/657802/mo...esidential.html
Let me point out a few things I really like:

1) Pitched roof with no eaves - something I've always thought I wish I could do with Sims 2
2) Stairs with a landing that doesn't appear to be CFE'd.
3) Bunk beds - Maxis or CC?
4) Full-size bed placed against a wall - is this functional on the side that's against the wall without a mod?
5) 2-step platforms (the porch)
These things are besides the things that have been obvious for some time, like narrower driveways, washers and dryers (are they functional?), kitchen cabinets (presumably Maxis) and probably others.

Is there starting to be a consensus that Sims 4 is the better game? Are the building options better?

Ok as a person who is having Sims 4 and all eps and sps, i can say for sure:
1) yes you can control eaves in sims 4. You can shorten it to zero or lenghten up to floor level downstairs
2) you can give direction to stairs in Sims 4. And make as many landings as you wish. EPs are not required. It's basegame feature
3) basegame feature as well
4) sims can scoot on double beds to use it when placed against the wall. Basegame feature also
5) any height for platforms is available since you can drag it up and down. It has a scale in sims steps.
As extra: u can use windows off the grid there. That means you can place one tiled window on two tiles. Or even place 3 narrow one tiled windows on two tiles to fill all its length. You can drag it like wall pictures in sims 2 when use moveobjects cheat. With only difference they will always stick to walls.

However: No narrower driveways as well as driveways itself. Washers and dryers are functional but there is no variety. You can choose just from one of each type. Kitchen cabinets are still decorative.

I can't say the Sims 4 is bad. It is really good in all of its tools they add in each update. Since building process come so much simple, every housewife can feel herself an architect. But that's where this good things turn bad. You can't really imagine the number of bad houses in gallery!! It is overwhelming!!
I don't like Sims 4 for some features. It is more concentrated on tools rather then gameplay. I found that I play it but partly. I can build here. I can make classy sims bodybuilders and then move to those house. But once that was made I can't play it. The play with sims itself is boring to death. Their behaviour with no mods is pretty much similar to the Sims 1 dummies. They would cry over the fire until it burn up entire house, they will make many meals and then leave them unfinished. They won't make many "happy" things when got "tensed" emotion . All that's close to Sims 1. If you are into build with no play, I'd like you to try Sims 4 to figure your opinion out. But sure you need better machine. Otherwise you'll have game run stepped (same as on my old PC)

Theorist
#1848 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 8:58 PM
Thanks for the elaborate answer, Victor.
There seems to be some disagreement between you and Johnny Bravo about what's in the Sims 4 base game and what's not. That really wouldn't matter much to me because if I were to get into Sims 4 I'd eventually get all the EP's and SP's one way or another.

Ok as a person who is having Sims 4 and all eps and sps, i can say for sure:
1) yes you can control eaves in sims 4. You can shorten it to zero or lenghten up to floor level downstairs

Sweet.

Quote:
2) you can give direction to stairs in Sims 4. And make as many landings as you wish. EPs are not required. It's basegame feature

Cool.

Quote:
3) basegame feature as well (referring to bunk beds)

Good.

Quote:
4) sims can scoot on double beds to use it when placed against the wall. Basegame feature also

Cool. I'm surprised you used the word "scoot", Victor.

Quote:
5) any height for platforms is available since you can drag it up and down. It has a scale in sims steps.

Excellent.

Quote:
As extra: u can use windows off the grid there. That means you can place one tiled window on two tiles. Or even place 3 narrow one tiled windows on two tiles to fill all its length. You can drag it like wall pictures in sims 2 when use moveobjects cheat. With only difference they will always stick to walls.

Cool.
Judging by the house uploads gallery, I think there are more things, like Sims being able to fully use diagonally placed furniture, no? While off-grid and diagonal furniture placement is possible in Sims 2, the furniture cannot always be used by Sims, or the animations get messed up.

Quote:
However: No narrower driveways as well as driveways itself.

Are you sure? Driveways and driveway extensions are 5 squares wide in Sims 2 and I know I've seen driveways that are only 4 squares wide for Sims 3. Surely they wouldn't go back to 5 wide for Sims 4? The driveways for Sims 4 don't look 5 squares wide.
Also, what do you mean by "as well as driveways itself"? You mean the driveways don't actually connect to the streets and/or there are no vehicle animations?

Quote:
Washers and dryers are functional but there is no variety. You can choose just from one of each type. Kitchen cabinets are still decorative.

No big deal for either one of those. At least there are kitchen cabinets. Sims 2 only has one crappy kitchen cabinet.

Quote:
Since building process come so much simple, every housewife can feel herself an architect. But that's where this good things turn bad. You can't really imagine the number of bad houses in gallery!! It is overwhelming!!

Haha, seriously, who cares. There will always be many more crappy uploads than good ones.
I noticed a few years ago that the quality of Sims 3 houses all of a sudden seemed to drop off considerably. That's when I knew the unwashed masses had started creating for Sims 3, while the good creators were no longer playing the game or had moved on to Sims 4.

Quote:
I don't like Sims 4 for some features. It is more concentrated on tools rather then gameplay.

If you mean building tools, then that's not necessarily a bad thing from a Lot builders' perspective. But I agree that a game has to be popular in order to make the house building meaningful. If all I wanted to do was design houses, I'd learn to use a CAD program and do it, but no one in the world would care.

Quote:
I found that I play it but partly. I can build here. I can make classy sims bodybuilders and then move to those house. But once that was made I can't play it. The play with sims itself is boring to death. Their behaviour with no mods is pretty much similar to the Sims 1 dummies.

It's interesting that you say "play without mods", because from a Lot builders' perspective, that's also not necessarily a bad thing. I'd prefer Sims behavior to require the mods instead of the building tools. Besides, it's not like the Sims 2 don't have many behavioral mods, they got plenty.

Quote:
They would cry over the fire until it burn up entire house,

Can't you make them call the fire department?
Actually, I wish fires would sometimes burn up the entire house in Sims 2, because it would be more realistic, but that never happens.

Quote:
they will make many meals and then leave them unfinished. They won't make many "happy" things when got "tensed" emotion . All that's close to Sims 1. If you are into build with no play, I'd like you to try Sims 4 to figure your opinion out.

Well, like I said, building houses for a game no one wants to play would not be fun.

Quote:
But sure you need better machine. Otherwise you'll have game run stepped (same as on my old PC)

My desktop PC that I'm using to play Sims 2 and some other games was custom built in 2008. That's a long time ago, but it was near top of the line and I've upgraded the video card and added memory since then. I'm pretty sure it could run Sims 3, but I'm not sure about Sims 4. I'm also still running Win 7. In any case, that's a different subject which I don't need to talk about here.

So anyway, I obviously don't mean to hijack this thread, so we'll get back to our regularly scheduled programming. Like many, if not most Sims Lot builders, I dream of a game that has near unlimited building tools and popular game play.
Theorist
#1849 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 9:50 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 30th Jun 2021 at 10:12 PM.
If you say "play without mods", because from a Lot builders' perspective, that's also not necessarily a bad thing. then maybe that's fine.
However Sims 4 had made step back with CC attachements. Sims 4 has no any package tool, not any single. All CC is collected there manually and shared separated. Once you has omsp, object fixes, default replacements. All that SHOULD be shared in Sims 4 separated from house. You even has no choise to pack it. And you need to find every single item yourself, to collect all CC in separated folder. You can't imagine how it's harrasing.

For my opinion, Sims 4 is waay closer to Sims 1. But with great amenities. It brings a lot of nostalgic feelings. fireplaces has no chimneys, and lots can't be moved there. :lovestruc Driveways there just not exist. Forget it. There are just roll shutters that hangin like wall pictures. That's all. There are a lot of different other stuff that is pure decorative (same way like in Sims): vehicles, fire escape stairs, all bushes and flowers are decorative too, all birds and small pet srays, like pigeons, crows and chickens are animated but decorative as well.

I shouldda warn you. Sims 4 has no CFE cheat. This is probably the most great miss for builders so they trying to crack their brains to make roofs to look weavy. Fortunately there are enough roof tools there to make it.

But Sims 4 is having groundbreaking feature of rise and resize every single item. You can make tv smaller, make table bigger, make toilet floating. All that is possible with in-game tools.

I am sure you'll have fun once you got Sims 4. That's really exciting game. It also more stable at work and won't crash.
Screenshots

Alchemist
#1850 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 11:43 PM
That picture about sums up what I'm thinking of TS4.

I've fired up my game again to create a nice wee lil' home, aiming for a cottage for the theme. I really like what I have so far, and since I don't plan to get all-out on it, I could finish it tomorrow and make share some pics.
Adding to that I can say that I really like the Bespoke Build Set. Simple yet elegant and plenty of colour options, and seems to be a good all-rounder for many styles.

Page 74 of 98