Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#8251 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Back on topic, apparently toddlers can also throw up on sims if you use the toss in air interaction, in addition to babies. I never use this, but today I saw the nanny use it after being asked for attention and the toddler threw up on her.

I tend not to perform that action, especially after they eat. I find that my sims have a better chance to get puked on after a bottle or baby food , though I'm not sure if that actually helps.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#8252 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 8:07 AM
Yeah, they don't do it by themselves, you have to have the toddler ask her for attention when she's not in the ironfisted grip of the Nanny Scripts.

Oh my toddlers ask for attention all the time and the nanny will invariably give them what they don't need.
Mad Poster
#8253 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 8:57 AM
I don't know if I have a mod or something that affects this (I thought I got rid of all my nanny mods a long time ago, but maybe there was one that I didn't) but the nanny usually does sensible things in my game. Or maybe it's just because of how I play toddlers? I notice that usually my toddlers only have one need is that is low at a time, this may help the nanny figure out what to do better, and if I don't want the nanny to do anything I cancel her intereaction and make the toddler interact with a toy. I've even had times where I want to satisfy a want to be tickled or snuggled or something, so I will take a gamble and ask the nanny for attention, and sometimes she even does exactly what the toddler wants and gives some aspiration points.
Top Secret Researcher
#8254 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 10:44 AM
Maybe you have pescado's lobotomized nanny?
---

3 things:
* Sims can potty train autonomously
* Kids can throw up from being swung around
* There was a third thing but I forgot it

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#8255 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 11:10 AM
Nope, that's one I specifically remember removing, or never installing in the first place.
Top Secret Researcher
#8256 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 3:22 PM
Lobotomized nannies are permanent though, so even if you removed it, those nannies are still affected once lobotomized. That's why you have to kill existing nannies once you install the mod, so new nannies can be spawned that are lobotomized. So if you want to go back to the old nannies, I think you'd have to kill the new nannies.

Mad Poster
#8257 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 3:56 PM
If I did ever have that hack in my game it was removed long before I created my current neighborhoods.
Scholar
#8258 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I tend not to perform that action, especially after they eat. I find that my sims have a better chance to get puked on after a bottle or baby food , though I'm not sure if that actually helps.

In my experience, they always get puked on if they toss the toddler right after a meal, and only occasionally otherwise (usually if they go on too long). Hence, "Don't be stupid, she just ate!" is something I say quite a lot!

And I'm sure I've seen kids puke after being swung around too much, as well, and I definitely don't have a mod for that. They do have to be swung for quite a while, though.
Forum Resident
#8259 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 12:16 AM
The quarter tile placement cheat, so so useful
Inventor
#8260 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
In my experience, they always get puked on if they toss the toddler right after a meal, and only occasionally otherwise (usually if they go on too long). Hence, "Don't be stupid, she just ate!" is something I say quite a lot!

And I'm sure I've seen kids puke after being swung around too much, as well, and I definitely don't have a mod for that. They do have to be swung for quite a while, though.

I never had my sims swing around kids like that, so this is something I'll have to see for myself

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Forum Resident
#8261 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 1:03 AM
This is apparently a memory? I wasn't playing the sim at the time, so I don't know what happened.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8262 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 1:45 AM
There's a recent mod by Nopke http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=638553 that fixes those memories to be negative rather than positive.
Mad Poster
#8263 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 2:35 AM
I had a sim roll a want for his brother to graduate with honors. I've never seen sims roll that want for other sims before.
Mad Poster
#8264 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 6:15 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 13th Jun 2020 at 6:40 AM.
A wedding cake apparently contains 11 slices. Not 10 or 12, but exactly 11.
Cancelling the "grab a plate" action too early (when it still shows the whole cake rather than a single plate) will make a slice poof into non-existence.
Using Midge the Tree's "Test Wedding Cakes" mod, it is possible to pull individual slices from a wedding cake and set them for sale in an OFB business. Unfortunately the "average" price for each slice is only §9, and the cake itself costs §400.
There are also 11 slices in a bday cake.
I can set individual bday cake slices for sale for the exact same price as individual wedding cake slices. Since a bday cake only costs §30 and I can get 11 slices from a single one, that's pretty much guaranteed profits.
(Unfortunately this bday cake exploit probably does not quite make up for the losses I'd take selling individual wedding cake slices. I think since 9x11=99, I can make §69 on each bday cake and lose §301 on each wedding cake.)
If I remove all the slices from a bday cake, the candles remain suspended in the air by nothing.
If I force error on an empty bday cake platter, I can then pull additional slices out of the still visibly empty platter.
Mrs C can and will walk into a closed business to stand next to the closed sign and knit.
Much like hotels, occupied owned business lots load unpaused. This is of course even more horrible than when hotels do it.
Field Researcher
#8265 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I never had my sims swing around kids like that, so this is something I'll have to see for myself

My kids usually overheat before they throw up...which is why swinging around is only allowed for a brief time.
Theorist
#8266 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Cancelling the "grab a plate" action too early (when it still shows the whole cake rather than a single plate) will make a slice poof into non-existence.
(...)
If I force error on an empty bday cake platter, I can then pull additional slices out of the still visibly empty platter.
The first issue sounds like something that Command Queue Tweaks would've fixed, if it would work for anything else other than just paintings/easel. Some gorgeous examples are cakes/cake slices, and pizza box/pizza slices.

The second part of the quote is just neat.
Top Secret Researcher
#8267 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien

This kid was only swung for a couple of seconds, and it surprised me because it was the first time I've seen it. I may have heard it before though.

Mad Poster
#8268 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 2:32 PM
They actually don't need to be swung for a while. If kid's fun is maxed they can puke right away.
Forum Resident
#8269 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 2:46 PM Last edited by HobbesED : 13th Jun 2020 at 3:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
There are also 11 slices in a bday cake.

You're getting cheated on your birthday cakes. My Sims get cakes with 12 slices. Perhaps your Sim is eating the first slice?

How do I know this? After they blow out the candles and age up, I cancel the grab plate action before they take a slice. Then, I have some Sim (usually not the birthday Sim since immediately after growing up is their typical time to have their easel picture drawn of their new age) grab a slice at a time and set it on the table, then cancel to get the next slice so they don't start eating it. Since I usually have a 4 seat table, they'll get four slices before I direct them to "Put away leftovers" for those 4 slices. Then they do it again - 4 more slices, 4 more leftovers. And again. 4 more slices, 4 more leftovers. That comes to 12 slices total, all stored as individual leftovers in the fridge available for anyone who might need a quick boost for their hunger later on.

And FYI, it takes just 3 bites for a Sim to eat a slice of birthday cake.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Forum Resident
#8270 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 5:56 PM
If you hover over the arcade machines that came with University in live mode, it will show the game's name.
Mad Poster
#8271 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Perhaps your Sim is eating the first slice?

Impossible, because I'm watching them far too closely and pausing the game every few seconds. I the sim grabs a slice and I'm watching the queue for when the "cake" icon turns into a "slice" icon and I immediately cancel it. They do not get anywhere near the point where they could take a bite and there is certainly no empty plate.

I believe it is Midge's mod that's allowing me to take slices from bday cakes when there's no party going on and no one aging up. Perhaps it is a quirk of her mod that there are only 11 slices rather than 12.
Mad Poster
#8272 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 8:29 PM
You don't need a mod to take slices from birthday cakes anytime. You only need someone aging up to blow out the candles, after which point you can stuff the birthday cake in inventory and serve and eat it whenever you want.
Mad Poster
#8273 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 8:56 PM
You don't need a mod to take slices from birthday cakes anytime. You only need someone aging up to blow out the candles, after which point you can stuff the birthday cake in inventory and serve and eat it whenever you want.

I don't have any sims aging up; I just have two adult sims on an OFB lot pulling slices of cake from a newly-purchased bday cake without anyone blowing out any candles. That's why I assumed it was the mod allowing this.
Forum Resident
#8274 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 9:31 PM
If it's not a cake used during a birthday and just a birthday cake you bought, then it most likely is the mod. I have no birthday/cake mods. My bought birthday cakes have no options until someone goes to the cake for their birthday. It's only then that the candles light up and even if I cancel before they blow out the candles, they still can't do anything with the cake. They actually have to blow out the candles for my cakes to have the grab a slice or cleanup options to show.

Although sometimes I get an "extra" cake, lol. If a sim brings a baby or toddler to the cake, blows out the candles, but the little one soils themselves before getting tossed in the air, it apparently breaks the queue such that the little one doesn't age up, but the cake is edible. So in those cases, I have to have the Sim buy another cake and go through the process again to complete the age-up.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Top Secret Researcher
#8275 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 10:50 PM
I once had a family where, two generations in a row, the third child in the family went through a dozen cakes at least before aging up from baby to toddler. They were eating cake for a long time.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Page 331 of 445