Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 4:13 PM
You will need SimPE or DatGen to view and edit .package files. Stick to SimPE since that's what the tutorials use.

If that is not what you are refering to, your question doesn't make a lot of sense.

I guess, the question would best be asked, what are you trying to unlock? Maybe someone already has unlocked the item for you.
Advertisement
Banned
#102 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 3:39 PM Last edited by Lillianhime : 4th Apr 2005 at 10:00 PM.
I was not able to unlock any of the University outfits. I'd get as far as step 20 from Thomas' tutorial page, then just as I go in and try to insert the instance number to replace it, SimPE crashes. I'd like to unlock 3 outfits to recolor for a Hogwarts University and Neighborhood. I have had zero luck.

yfbodyblazerpant_societyblack (secret society for female)
ambodygraduationgown_blackwhite for male
afbodygraduationgown_blackwhite for female.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate any help I get.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 9:44 PM
Lillianhime,

I might not get to it till the weekend, but if no one gets to it by then, I will take a look.

What version SimPE are you currently using? Also , which .package file(s) were you pull the info from?
Banned
#104 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 9:56 PM Last edited by Lillianhime : 4th Apr 2005 at 10:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by hestas5023
Lillianhime,

I might not get to it till the weekend, but if no one gets to it by then, I will take a look.

What version SimPE are you currently using? Also , which .package file(s) were you pull the info from?

Well I'm using .27 I know that .34 is out but, which I checked today, but I know that I installed the one I have after the release of the EP. I may try again with .34, I've only extracted one hidden oufit, the graduation robe for men as I mentioned above, but haven't been able to do the replacement part of it. So, luckily I don't have to go thorugh 1-15 all over again.

The files can be found C: Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Sims05.package

yfbodyblazerpant_societyblack
ambodygraduationgown_blackwhite
afbodygraduationgown_blackwhite

Thanks in advance. I appreciate any help I get.
Banned
#105 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 11:07 PM Last edited by Lillianhime : 4th Apr 2005 at 11:43 PM.
Okay, after installing version.34 it didn't crash on me at all, which is great. Now, I do have one question.

When you're importing the texture file there at the end before finishing up and saving. I see where to put the texture file no problem, but what about the alpha file. When I added it there on the left bottom menu where the file is listed, and opened up bodyshop. The mesh was replaced easily enough. But the texture and alpha files were messed up.

Now, since I did have the PNG files from it, I just removed the transparent background and editted the file there in bodyshop with the actual texture and alpha files but how can I prevent that mess up from happening again and not have to go in and re-edit them in bodyshop?

I do need help though in finding one of the three files.
yfbodyblazerpant_societyblack
it's listed as this name while in debug mode in CAS. It's the YA secrety society oufit for women. But after looking through all the files I cannot find it. I've found the grad gown, just not this one.

Any and all help is much appreciated, thanks.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lillianhime
When you're importing the texture file there at the end before finishing up and saving. I see where to put the texture file no problem, but what about the alpha file. When I added it there on the left bottom menu where the file is listed, and opened up bodyshop. The mesh was replaced easily enough. But the texture and alpha files were messed up.

If I was sitting in front of it, I could tell you. (I'm at work.)

I think the way you went with Bodyshop though was probably just as easy. A lot of the time, as long as the mesh is correct, I will just copy the extracted texture and alpha, and then make my own bump maps if needed, usually in photoshop, then overwrite the files in your project folder then import back into game if it looks good. The hard part is just getting an extracted mesh that you can change the texture on. Sometimes the game likes to override. As Morague explained to me, SimPE doesn't have a way to edit I think it was the GMAC settings yet. I forget. know, so I could be wrong.

I am currently working on am interesting combination of textures but If I remember tonight I will see if I can find the texture you are looking for.

Veronika says - "Team Rainbow Super Force, A, Number 1!"
Banned
#107 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 5:05 PM
The hard part is just getting an extracted mesh that you can change the texture on. Sometimes the game likes to override. As Morague explained to me, SimPE doesn't have a way to edit I think it was the GMAC settings yet. I forget. know, so I could be wrong.

I found a uyfbodyblazerpant_societyblack, notice the u, which wasn't the same name in CAS, in two areas in sims2 and sims10, the sims2 file is a tx something or other file. And the two files in 10 are both just the image (texture) files. I went into bodyshop and tried to find the same mesh, thinking maybe there is one, but the most similar one is the short top with flare pants with jacket, well it wasn't the right one, so the texture image didn't work on it. I can't seem to find the mesh to that society outfit in order to extract and swap out.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lillianhime
I found a uyfbodyblazerpant_societyblack, notice the u, which wasn't the same name in CAS, in two areas in sims2 and sims10, the sims2 file is a tx something or other file. And the two files in 10 are both just the image (texture) files. I went into bodyshop and tried to find the same mesh, thinking maybe there is one, but the most similar one is the short top with flare pants with jacket, well it wasn't the right one, so the texture image didn't work on it. I can't seem to find the mesh to that society outfit in order to extract and swap out.

Ph, you found the uy version? the u as I recall means unisex. so it's both male and female version. If this is a young adult texture, extract it as such, then after you have a young adult version extracted properly (one you can re-texture), then import back into game with bodyshop, then use SimPE on the package file you create in the Saved Sims folder, to change the age data so that teens/adults can use it. I did this with the young adult cheerleader outfit.

There is a very good tutorial to help with that.
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=52437

Veronika says - "Team Rainbow Super Force, A, Number 1!"
Banned
#109 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 6:41 PM Last edited by Lillianhime : 6th Apr 2005 at 3:51 AM.
Oh, you found the uy version? the u as I recall means unisex. so it's both male and female version. If this is a young adult texture, extract it as such, then after you have a young adult version extracted properly (one you can re-texture), then import back into game with bodyshop, then use SimPE on the package file you create in the Saved Sims folder, to change the age data so that teens/adults can use it. I did this with the young adult cheerleader outfit.

I did extract the texture files already. So, if I'm understanding correctly, there may be a mesh already in bodyshop that this texture will fit? I checked through all the female suit outfits but the pants weren't long enough, the pants just nearly touch the ground, and the collars weren't right. It may be a male suit?

edit: are you refering to the tx or something file in sims2 or the two files in sims10 which are only the texture files. If you're saying just to retexture the same mesh in bodyshop, I haven't found which one, it's similar a teen sportsjacket w/out tie in the pants but the top is more like the school uniform for teen girls in the jacket length. I've done a age/gender change so that's much easier than swapping the files to unlock the outfits. I still a little confused about this one outfit. Thanks in advance for any additional help you provide.
#110 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 11:03 PM
Just wanted to say thanks since this tutorial helped me get the suspenders camo costumes for my military Sim :D
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 12:53 AM
Thanks for the help with this! :D
Space Pony
Original Poster
#112 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 10:50 AM
Sorry - I hope you didn't think I have abandoned this I've just veen very busy extracting stuff.

Lillianhime - did you get the graduation gowns? If not, I'll be posting them in tomorrow or on the weekend.
Test Subject
#113 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 11:51 PM
help! i cant open it it keeeps sayin path does not exist when i try 2 open it!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#114 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 7:29 AM
The tutorial? have a look at the bottom of the first post in this thread for the direct link to the tutorial with pictures.
Test Subject
#115 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 12:27 AM
no the file/EA GAMES/Thesims2/...on the first page of the thread. I try 2 open it on SimPE but it says path does not exist
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 12:56 AM
you need some stupid networking thing
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 1:45 AM
Hard, a better question to ask would be, did you do a default install on The Sims 2? If not, the files may not be where they are listed in the tutorial.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 13th May 2005 at 12:14 AM
Alright, forgive me if this has already been addressed somewhere, I've been trying to figure this out for quite a few hours now, and my brain is a bit fried.

Has anyone had any luck editing extracted meshes? I would like to take a nude bottom mesh and add heels, and perhaps some cropped pants (going off the Maxis cropped pants mesh is HELL, and the toes turn out funny).
However, when I open up the package file I've made in bodyshop from the extracted file, it seems to be pointing to the afbottomshorts mesh, which is completely useless to me.

What to do?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#119 Old 13th May 2005 at 11:19 AM
You can find the nude tops & bottoms bases here Then extract the mesh for modification.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 13th May 2005 at 6:18 PM
Right. I got that far.
However, as I stated above, when I attempt to extract the mesh for modification (using Brianna's tutorial), in the first step (where you open up the Bodyshop package to find the mesh's Property Set "Name" value in order to extract the appropriate meshes from Sims06, Sims05, etc), the mesh "name" value is "afbottomshorts_blackshortstennisshoe".. which is the mesh with shorts and tennis shoes, rather than the naked mesh.
I've tried circumventing the whole thing by just extracting the afbottomnaked mesh anyway, and attempting to point that at the Bodyshop package, but I'm unable to get the mesh to point to the package, probably because the package's "Name" value is still "afbottomshorts".
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has encountered this, and am just trying to find out if anyone has gotten around it.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 13th May 2005 at 6:21 PM
EDIT:

I also tried to manually change the value in the "Name" field, but was still unable to get any of the mesh changes to show up properly.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 25th May 2005 at 9:47 PM
now what about the locked hair mesh's those are just as important
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 13th Jun 2005 at 7:32 PM
Default Warrior women unlocked
Thanks Morague for your fantastic guide to unlocking hidden costumes. I followed your steps and... fine how they work! :bump: Anyway I was practicing with the warrior woman. I don't know whether it's posted yet, so I also send two recolours _purple and orange-, just in case.

PS: >This is my first attachment; I hope I do it OK.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  7f073927_ac_warriorunlock.zip (223.6 KB, 105 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  7fb9517d_warrior_recol.zip (176.7 KB, 56 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  7f6a02ea_warrior_recol2.zip (172.5 KB, 56 downloads) - View custom content
Space Pony
Original Poster
#124 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 10:36 AM
crechebaby - sorry, you need to look for files that are named like afbottomnaked - I didn't change the name in the unlocked meshes. But if you look for afbottomnaked in the MATD, CRES, SHPE & GMDC - those are the ones you need.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#125 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 10:37 AM
amycapdet - looks like you got it
Page 5 of 9