Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer

My motto is why not kill 2 birds with one stone then they won't have to add a holiday stuff pack later.

Because if they make both an EP and a SP, they'll make more money because you'll buy both of them.
Capitalism!
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#177 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Is there a sim reaction to this? It'd be funny if there was.
Yes. Yes there is. Maybe you should try reading the story.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#178 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 11:26 PM
I would love it if we could buy clothes and change our sims outfits around like we did in sims2 i mean i love how this one lets you customize your outfits. customizing and changing would be cool.
Test Subject
#179 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 11:37 PM
but i agree also on the vampires, i would always do the werewolves or aliens anything else i mean they were o.k. i did it once and just took it away with the potion cause it was never worth it, it was just dumb but i could see them doing it because of the vampire craze now which just makes it even more less appealing now >.>
#180 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:55 AM
I like having all the outfits available now. In the sims 2 I hated how you always had to go to a community lot to buy clothes however to please those who want this feature they should add some clothes that can only be bought like they have the special hairstyles that's only available thru the makeover mirror. If they add certain clothes we can buy I'd like to see our sims be able to buy it as a gift and give it to their significant other or freind.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#181 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blaise Parker
You speak in the present tense. Does that mean you are still playing TS2?
Awesomeland is still running, yes. TS3 just isn't at the same point where I can make something really hilarious out of it.

Quote: Originally posted by Ciel Noir
There are a few things I miss from TS2, like private schools and some of the creatures, but the seamless neighbourhood is indispensable to me now.
Private schools can easily be made to exist. For instance, just make the school Rabbithole, or a clone of it, buyable, and voila, private school. The only real difference between a private and a public school is who funds it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Instructor
#182 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 8:13 AM
Also private schools usually have uniforms. And fees.
Field Researcher
#183 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
You are not the only two. I don't care one whit about vampires, in game or in a movie. It's all just walking dead, zombie romanticism. Necrophilia.

Is it necrophilia if you woohoo with a ghost? 0_o
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 12:56 PM
If this is real, it would be great if they had a poker table and blackjack table.
Even better if they made it interactive, where you could either pick between autoplay (where they played like in TS2 except now it was based on logic) or interactive play where you can play if you know how to.

Probably going to get the usual 5-15 disagrees but oh well, I like my ideas.

Quote: Originally posted by grillcheesesammich

How do you put it in o.O

You love me, I love you to :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/hssdamian <3
Mad Poster
#185 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 12:59 PM
i wouldn't mind private school coming back.

if they did do that, i think they should build in a feature where we have to pay tuition, but to enroll we first must impress the headmaster. i always loved that feature in the sims 2.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#186 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elyasis
Also private schools usually have uniforms. And fees.
All those things are trivially added. And, you know, out of the box, the TS2 private school didn't have any fees either.

#187 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 2:51 PM
CAS
Shiner lipglosses yes I know there is cc but I don't download it.

You can set makeup per outfit like you can hairstyles

Peircings especially tongue,lips,nose,eybrows and belly button.

Gameplay
Sims can change makeup and hairstyle by clicking on them like they do outfits. There isn't always a mirror nearby.

Memories

Buy/Build
Collections so we can find stuff easier
Lab Assistant
#188 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
You can set makeup per outfit like you can hairstyles

This. Seriously, who wears make-up when sleeping, swimming or working out?
Test Subject
#189 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 3:44 PM
If this turns out to be a "MOAR! EPIC! ADVENTURES!" version of Hot Date/Nightlife (which I'm guessing it might be... after all, I think WA and AMB were "MOAR! EPIC! ADVENTURES!" versions of BV and OFB).

I thought WA was okay, but I have never really liked the vacation EPs (I get them for the items. :P)
But I really liked Ambitions, so since this could possibly be based off Nightlife/Hot Date, that makes me REALLY EXCITED. Those were my favourite EPs.

I agree with the above. I miss memories, and collections.
And if it is like those EPs, that should equal moar shoppingz. And if not... well, I still want moar shoppingz. I miss buying video games and going to clubs!

Quote: Originally posted by Elanorea
This. Seriously, who wears make-up when sleeping, swimming or working out?

I wouldn't mind having it for my CC makeup. Such as adding eyebags to Sleepwear, or giving them more classy makeup for Formal.

And I've got a sleezy slutty sim who might wear hooker-paint with her nightwear...
Top Secret Researcher
#190 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:39 PM
More freckles, piercings and just general detail of the sims. Moles and stuff But I got a feeling that things like these wont be coming in the near future.

Make-up per outfit is a great idea.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:05 PM
I was thinking, if this expansion really is about going out at night they could introduce two new traits:

-Night owl: Likes staying up late, dislikes getting up before 10AM.

-Early bird: Likes getting up early, dislikes staying up after 10PM.
Top Secret Researcher
#192 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:22 PM
Oh, and to add on top of the make-up per outfit: Some interface where you can set hairstyle, make-up and clothes instead of having to get changed, go to the mirror.. blabla

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
#193 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 8:10 PM
Going off topic for a bit.
suzetter: the size of a country has nothing to do with sex education. If a country can afford to teach it's children math, languages, geography... they can also afford to educate their children on how to protect themselves. When I was in the eights or nineth grade, we got the whole condom on a banana presentation. It was a 1h lecture, where two 20 year old girls came to our class to talk about how to use a condom, and why one should do it, and that there is nothing to be a shamed about it. Sure everybody in class knew how babies are made, because we learned the biology of reproduction in biology class. But this was more of a hands on class, meant to talk about protection and we even got a few condoms to take home so we could try the banana trick on our own. The point of the class was not "go and have sex", instead it was a "if you have sex", this is how to be safe. Now I'm not saying every country needs such a hands on class, but every country for sure can afford to take an hour or two during a semester and tell kids how they can have safe sex, if they decide to have sex. if your country is having a teen pregnancy epidemic, then it's obvious that what ever you are doing (or not doing) is being being done wrongly. Some kids will have sex no matter what they are taught in school , so not teaching them how to be safe, is just plain wrong.

Now back on topic. I hope we get a separate bar venue. The hangout lot is great, but, you can't throw a party in a hangout lot, so currently my bar is tagged as a small park. This of course means it doesn't get the traffic a hang out lot would get when I'm not throwing a party in there.
Top Secret Researcher
#194 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 8:57 PM
Does anyone else think this may also be a Makin' Magic remake? It never got a proper, full-on TS2 remake (it was a side feature in Apartment Life).
Top Secret Researcher
#195 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:00 PM
Hm, I doubt it. Would seem stupid of EA not to cash in on the vampire craze. Unless it's a Makin' Magic/Vampire expansion without any Nightlife/Hot Date in it. But then again magic is not just restricted to after dark.. So the title would be a bit misleading unless it's a 100% vampire one

Lab Assistant
#196 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
Does anyone else think this may also be a Makin' Magic remake? It never got a proper, full-on TS2 remake (it was a side feature in Apartment Life).

Maybe they'll leave witches and wizards for the last expansion, if they follow the pattern they've started with TS1 and TS2.
Mad Poster
#197 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:45 AM
I still think the title fits best with nightlife and since every EP has a creature as a tradition, Vampires most likely would be the most logical choice. Just make them avoidable for those who do not wish to have them in their game. Perhaps make it like in NL where there is a count/countess that is harmless and once an active Sim is bit is when more Sims can be bitten. This also means that Ms. Crumplebottom can be bitten without the game screwing up.
Top Secret Researcher
#198 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
This also means that Ms. Crumplebottom can be bitten without the game screwing up.

No way I'd let her live forever. She has to die, if anything, for all the lecturing my Sims suffer in TS2.
Scholar
#199 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
I am with you. But, seriously, to have all or, at least, some of these in TS3 EAxis should get their lazy asses into work and infuse Sims 3 with some soul, some passion. The romantic interactions so far are unimpressive and look quite fake to me.The animations are not well-designed (not to mention the repetition of the same animation for different interactions) and this is not strictly bound to the romantic interactions. It applies to the realization of the game in general.

Quoted for truth. The TS3 Sims really are rather cold and robotic. I call them Stepford Sims. They are near humorless. The same animation being used for several interactions might not be so noticable if the animation pool wasn't so shallow. They should also bring back memeories so that maybe the Sims would have some reaction to peopel and things that they have history with.

lightmist - I agree. Maybe rather than MOAR ADVENTURE! the next EP needs to be just MOAR FUN! WA and Ambitions are okay (I liked WA better) but they don't age so well. I've only had Ambitions for a month and yet I'm so over it already.

Etyasis - EA gave us a menorah so they should give players a Christmas tree too. Fair is fair.

Ani - Global problem means it is a problem across the globe. Perhaps, you could give the Banana Talk at the UN and put an end to teen pregnancy world wide. Because as you stated --it's just that simple. Population size does have an affect on disseminating information. The size of a task alters the scope of the task. Try it for yourself. Go put a condom on 5 million bananas and record specifics of the task, then go put a condom on 309 million bananas and record specifics of the task. Once you're done let me know which task was more difficult and trying -- 5m or 309m. Good luck finding 314 milliom bananas in Finland.

Building today I was missing collections. With the game, 2 EPS, and CC I'd like it to be easier to find stuff in the catalogue.
Inventor
#200 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grillcheesesammich

At first I would think so, but I believe a dead body is required for it to be called necrophilia. I don't believe in ghosts, so I'm not sure how I'd categorize it. To ponder, I guess ghosts don't have bodies, but they are dead, so you can call it whatever you want to.
Page 8 of 35