Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#151 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PunkyBreester

I do wish that we could add on sub-hoods like TS2, though, so I could make my own ski resort without having to fire up CAW and give up after a couple of hours of nonsense ;P I suppose that downloading "empty" or near-empty worlds from other creators and then using twallan's mod (traveller, I think?) would be about the same thing.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. I wouldn't mind breaking up the whole open world system if it meant being able to have neighborhoods that are linked together and we can have Sims travel to them like they were going to a neighbor's house (albeit with a loading screen in between). But I supposed the Traveller will have to do in the meantime. Though I haven't tried it yet but *if* we do get suntanning and swimmable bodies of water, I will need a proper beach and that strip of sand and murky looks-like-there-may-be-dead-bodies-floating-in-there-water in Bridgeport just isn't cutting it.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#152 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
That's exactly what I'm hoping for. I wouldn't mind breaking up the whole open world system if it meant being able to have neighborhoods that are linked together and we can have Sims travel to them like they were going to a neighbor's house (albeit with a loading screen in between). But I supposed the Traveller will have to do in the meantime. Though I haven't tried it yet but *if* we do get suntanning and swimmable bodies of water, I will need a proper beach and that strip of sand and murky looks-like-there-may-be-dead-bodies-floating-in-there-water in Bridgeport just isn't cutting it.

IKR, it would be awesome to create these sub hoods instead of remaining with the 3 default travelling destinations ..then we could create more vacation towns like in Bon Voyage, because somehow WA doesnt feel like a "vacation" EP , IMO.. I miss a nice beach, a ski resort.. I'd be thrilled to create those

Thankfully we have the Traveller but it would be really awsome to have connecting features and make sims travel to neighborhoods that we created instead of those sh*tty features like Simport .. I have some sims in Sunset Valley that I'd love to send to Appaloosa Plains
Forum Resident
#153 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
They actually had seasonal plants back in TS2, so it shouldn't require much from EA to repeat that in TS3... but EA is so unreliable that yeah, we'll see.

I recall reading somewhere (ages ago) that they actually had gardening in TS3 set up before it was introduced to TS2, so there really wouldn't be any excuse for them not to still have seasonal plants.
Field Researcher
#154 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 1:27 AM
Now that'd be cool. I mean, I miss seasons. Whatever happened to the rumours about magic, though?
Field Researcher
#155 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 1:47 AM
While I was working on my world in CAW, a thought popped into my mind: how will the weather thing work actually? We had some weather effects hidden in fog emitter, and in some towns like Twinbrook and esp. Bridgeport, but it is freakin' difficult to make them in a custom world, and we can't change them in game. Seasons would be cool, but what if they release a world with 4 seasons to go with the weather EP, and other worlds won't have seasons? What if seasons features will be somehow hidden, and we'll have to mess upp with INI files to get them in our custom worlds, or to change them as we like? I know, I sound very pessimistic, but knowing EA and their bad habits to hide things and options, as well as to not care about good integration of EPs, this can happen... I hope it won't though!
Scholar
#156 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SommarBlomma
While I was working on my world in CAW, a thought popped into my mind: how will the weather thing work actually? We had some weather effects hidden in fog emitter, and in some towns like Twinbrook and esp. Bridgeport, but it is freakin' difficult to make them in a custom world, and we can't change them in game. Seasons would be cool, but what if they release a world with 4 seasons to go with the weather EP, and other worlds won't have seasons? What if seasons features will be somehow hidden, and we'll have to mess upp with INI files to get them in our custom worlds, or to change them as we like? I know, I sound very pessimistic, but knowing EA and their bad habits to hide things and options, as well as to not care about good integration of EPs, this can happen... I hope it won't though!

I suspect it's entirely possible, probable even, that custom worlds created before a weather EP comes out will no longer work correctly. Or, if they do, they won't have weather.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#157 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 4:18 AM
This is probably why seasons is taking so long lol
There are more factors to deal with this time around. Of course, they could have done Seasons in the base game, as this problem would have been eliminated (and solved a lot more), but the base game would have taken longer to release.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#158 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SommarBlomma
While I was working on my world in CAW, a thought popped into my mind: how will the weather thing work actually? We had some weather effects hidden in fog emitter, and in some towns like Twinbrook and esp. Bridgeport, but it is freakin' difficult to make them in a custom world, and we can't change them in game. Seasons would be cool, but what if they release a world with 4 seasons to go with the weather EP, and other worlds won't have seasons? What if seasons features will be somehow hidden, and we'll have to mess upp with INI files to get them in our custom worlds, or to change them as we like?

The fog emitters are actually totally unrelated to the functioning of most of the effects in game. The object is just a tool in-game through which you can explore ALL visual effects animations of the game, and EA just used the fog emitters to... well, emit fog. They don't really do anything else by default, but you can use it to explore other effects of the game. So for the weather and seasons, EA would have to create some sort of a system of it's own. Which is what they did with TS2 Seasons already, so it shouldn't be a problem. But there are some stuff that raise questions...

Like the different sky files (the INI files) of different worlds. Bridgeport for example has really cloudy skies by default, also the sky files already have sort of their own little weather cycle going on (you will notice that the skies change occasionally, with a chance of foggy, stormy, cloudy or clear days).
Right now the INI files work automatically just on their own, so maybe for the seasons EP EA would create a system that controls the different INI files. The files already have labels that indicate what kind of skies they are, so maybe EA would just update them to work together with visual effects of rain, snow, lightnings etc. Then, they'd hopefully create a in-game tool like in TS2 through which you could choose different weather patterns for each different world.

This is total speculation, but it's just to show that EA does have all the things to make this EP happen. They'd just need to link all the parts together and create a new system that puts it all together...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#159 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
I suspect it's entirely possible, probable even, that custom worlds created before a weather EP comes out will no longer work correctly. Or, if they do, they won't have weather.

As long as creators have used the same methods as EA have to make the custom weather (as in this thread as opposed to this thread) then I can't see a problem.

If EA do patch their existing worlds then it will be easy for creators of custom worlds to fix those, since you can just remove colour ramps and ini files without affecting the current savegames for those worlds.

I'm sure that either EA will make it work for their existing worlds with custom ini/colour ramp files, or else we'll be able to find a way to make it work in custom worlds.
Scholar
#160 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
As long as creators have used the same methods as EA have to make the custom weather (as in this thread as opposed to this thread) then I can't see a problem.

If EA do patch their existing worlds then it will be easy for creators of custom worlds to fix those, since you can just remove colour ramps and ini files without affecting the current savegames for those worlds.

I'm sure that either EA will make it work for their existing worlds with custom ini/colour ramp files, or else we'll be able to find a way to make it work in custom worlds.

I bow to your superior knowledge... however, while my head is bowed, I'm muttering under my breath about all the people who correctly rigged chairs, beds, counters.... pre-Pets... the people who correctly created windows... pre-Late Night...

I hope I'm wrong, I almost exclusively play custom worlds, breaking custom worlds would really rock my world in a really bad way
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#161 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 2:46 PM
I have no superior knowledge, I'm just betting that EA won't break their own worlds.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#162 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I have no superior knowledge, I'm just betting that EA won't break their own worlds.

Yes, I think there's no reason to worry about custom and EA worlds breaking down, unless the custom worlds you are playing use a lot of custom content. But still, I doubt weather and seasons breaking objects... maybe something can come up with windows and doors, but I doubt there being Pets-scale routing problems with indoors objects. Oh man, I just wish we'd get a proper announcement of this EP soon! You can only speculate so far...
Instructor
#163 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 3:22 PM
Speaking about the Fabulous Fiesta set the sims 3 store released today, i bought it and it's actually worth buying it really O_o

Now get back to the original subject
Check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1hdMJfGlog
If The Sims 3 Pets' Facebook page owned EA then i think the weather/seasons EP would be real.. Otherwise i think that page is owned by fan -_-
Top Secret Researcher
#164 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by purexevil666
Speaking about the Fabulous Fiesta set the sims 3 store released today, i bought it and it's actually worth buying it really O_o

Another over-priced miniature stuff pack.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#165 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 3:56 PM
It's of good quality, and while I do feel there should be a little more items there, what is there is very good. EA even included recolors, which they seem to have forgotten about over the past few years.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#166 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by purexevil666

Now get back to the original subject
Check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1hdMJfGlog
If The Sims 3 Pets' Facebook page owned EA then i think the weather/seasons EP would be real.. Otherwise i think that page is owned by fan -_-

I wish the ice cream maker and the deep fryer came as separate things to buy, I don't want all the god awful faux-Mexico furniture and the scary food in my game. But finally, a set sort of worth spending my left over simpoints on.
And I just found a thread on the TS3 website about "The Sims 3 Pet's official Facebook page", but like always, the site is "down for maintenance". I swear that website is worse than tumblr during the summer :c
Forum Resident
#167 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 4:43 PM
I checked the facebook page. It's not official. It has a link to a blog that no longer exists.
Instructor
#168 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas
I checked the facebook page. It's not official. It has a link to a blog that no longer exists.

I already said that
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sierrakusterbeck
I wish the ice cream maker and the deep fryer came as separate things to buy, I don't want all the god awful faux-Mexico furniture and the scary food in my game. But finally, a set sort of worth spending my left over simpoints on.
And I just found a thread on the TS3 website about "The Sims 3 Pet's official Facebook page", but like always, the site is "down for maintenance". I swear that website is worse than tumblr during the summer :c

I would buy that baby deep fryer if it was made by J. M. Pescado.

On topic again: I don´t care for rain or snow. It would probably make my laggy game even laggier. It would be nice with sims that change into outdoor clothes outside though.
Field Researcher
#170 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sierrakusterbeck

I believe that website has loaded for me, say, three times since 2009.
Field Researcher
#171 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Freja
I would buy that baby deep fryer if it was made by J. M. Pescado.

On topic again: I don´t care for rain or snow. It would probably make my laggy game even laggier. It would be nice with sims that change into outdoor clothes outside though.

Oh my god. If there was a baby deep fryer for Sims 3 like that baby grill for TS2 that thing would be in my game and in use about 15 minutes after it's come out.
Field Researcher
#172 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 11:23 PM
Off topic but kinda on topic since people are talking about it.

I got the deep fryer and the ice cream machine and they totally don't work. Like, seriously glitched. I'm bummed because I was looking forward to it.
Theorist
#173 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fraavio
Off topic but kinda on topic since people are talking about it.

I got the deep fryer and the ice cream machine and they totally don't work. Like, seriously glitched. I'm bummed because I was looking forward to it.

I want to get those 2 items but don't want to buy the whole set because I think that set is hideous. Waiting for them to sell it separately and hopefully it'll be working then ~~crosses fingers and toes~~

Back on topic - I'll believe we're getting weather when I see the official announcement instead of all these rumours and leaks.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#174 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 5:35 AM
This is truly terrible, especially considering the cute little items Sandy @ aroundthesims made like really EA? They probably think I pick my money off a heavily fertilised tree! pah! I'll go without thank u!
Top Secret Researcher
#175 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya

I'd be really happy if they gave us a polished and easy to use CAW tool. I've tried the current tool, and all I can say is I have a great deal of respect for anyone who perseveres with that thing and actually produces a world. It makes me want to punch kitties.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Page 7 of 111