Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sixpack Script-Mod by Consort

by Consort Posted 25th Apr 2012 at 8:25 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 8:13 PM by Consort

175 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#51 Old 10th May 2012 at 2:16 AM
I put up Version1point5

This is an attempt to fix the problems you guys reported so far. It's difficult because I can't reproduce most of them
Maybe it's just voodoo, maybe it works.

Thanks for the bug and status reports, just keep them coming
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#52 Old 13th May 2012 at 12:15 AM
awesome
Field Researcher
#53 Old 15th May 2012 at 8:24 AM
Consort, I can't even bring up the City Hall menu. I don't understand why!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#54 Old 16th May 2012 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IceSilverCrystal
Consort, I can't even bring up the City Hall menu. I don't understand why!

Hm, almost sounds like the mod is not loaded

-Is your mod-framework set up correctly? Do other mods work?
-Are you running patch level 1.33?
Field Researcher
#55 Old 16th May 2012 at 5:54 AM
My framework is set up, I am able to use mods... I'll have to check my patch, I use mods for patch 1.33 and they work
Field Researcher
#56 Old 16th May 2012 at 6:03 AM
Patch 1.33 is Showtime, isn't it?
Field Researcher
#57 Old 16th May 2012 at 8:23 PM
yes, I have patch 1.33.2, so I don't understand why its not working
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 16th May 2012 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IceSilverCrystal
yes, I have patch 1.33.2, so I don't understand why its not working

I don't understand this either. The cityhall menu gets added before anything runs that could possibly crash, so this is pretty straight forward.

Have you tried loading a different world to check if it works there?
Field Researcher
#59 Old 16th May 2012 at 10:59 PM
Darn, I had some sims in China. I should have checked then. I'll let you know when I do
Field Researcher
#60 Old 17th May 2012 at 7:57 PM
hey, I wonder if one of my enabled whatzits on AM is interfering with your Mod... Law of Conservation Of Mass. Does that one interfere with this mod?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#61 Old 17th May 2012 at 10:57 PM
Not really. There could be incompatibilities but the cityhall menu should at least show up.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 18th May 2012 at 11:56 AM
I can confirm that I use AM with the conservation of mass option enabled and the city hall menu DOES show up.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mother Function
retired moderator THANKS POST
#63 Old 20th May 2012 at 10:23 PM
Thank you thank you!
Field Researcher
#64 Old 25th May 2012 at 2:53 AM Last edited by jesusismyairbag : 25th May 2012 at 3:53 AM.
not showing up for me, too. however i am using cornucopia and had to add a city hall... that might be the reason, i do have quite a few scripts/packages installed (all merged via S3PE about 30-35mb in total size)
i'll try another town later on, thanks!
edit: travelled to france for 3 days, came back and it's showing up now!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#65 Old 25th May 2012 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jesusismyairbag
not showing up for me, too. however i am using cornucopia and had to add a city hall... that might be the reason, i do have quite a few scripts/packages installed (all merged via S3PE about 30-35mb in total size)
i'll try another town later on, thanks!
edit: travelled to france for 3 days, came back and it's showing up now!

If you installed the mod, then loaded a world without a city hall and built a cityhall, the menu will not show up instantly. That behaviour is expected.

It is required to build the cityhall/basecamp and then save and re-load the world. Sorry for that but I didn't bother to put in a listener for newly built cityhalls (yet).
Field Researcher
#66 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 4:20 PM
I figured out the problem. It was some of my mods that need updating. And one of my CC. It works now
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#67 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 3:25 AM
fyi:
I ran the mod in the new patch version 1.34 for 20 minutes... Nothing exploded, everything seems normal.

This is not a green light yet, but hey, nothing exploded.
Scholar
#68 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 9:34 AM
kudos for the great idea,
however in my game somehow it made my sims paused in their animation so often, since naturally our muscles are building up not during the training but after we rest them, so I think getting the result the next day when the sims wake up from their sleep is more natural being calculated once per day.

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Field Researcher
#69 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 10:40 AM
I have an idea! (Happens from time to time).

How about pregnant Sims having their muscle definition temporarily overridden to get rid of pregnant 6 packs and simulate weight gain?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#70 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Navetsea
kudos for the great idea,
however in my game somehow it made my sims paused in their animation so often, since naturally our muscles are building up not during the training but after we rest them, so I think getting the result the next day when the sims wake up from their sleep is more natural being calculated once per day.

Thank you for your feedback!

Could you tell me your CPU specs?
Did you try version1 instead of version1point5?
Have you tried running the mod for.. lets say a sim-week?

The logic in the mod checks if a Sim needs to be updated or not. When you have a population of 100 Sims you might get only 10 or fewer updates in a sim-day, that's actually less work for the computer than just updating every sim once a day.
Scholar
#71 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
Thank you for your feedback!

Could you tell me your CPU specs?
Did you try version1 instead of version1point5?
Have you tried running the mod for.. lets say a sim-week?

The logic in the mod checks if a Sim needs to be updated or not. When you have a population of 100 Sims you might get only 10 or fewer updates in a sim-day, that's actually less work for the computer than just updating every sim once a day.

Thank you,
here is my full report
my spec is
quad core AMDphenomIIx4 955BE 3.2Ghz
2x2GB (4GB) DDR3
4GB allocated in virtual memory
Nvidia Geforce GTX460

I run patched 1.34, have LN ep installed
my active household consists of 2 young adult sims
I use these mods that I think constantly processing during gameplay:
-nrass's master controller, overwatch, error trap, whohoer
-esmeraldaF's no stupid idle face mod

I didn't aware of the previous version of your mod release so I installed 1point5 only.
I haven't tried to run it for a sim week period because suddenly I had such often hiccups to the point it occured several times within 1 minute, so I tried to move out gameplay mods one by one+ deleting each time the cache to find the problem, and I found without this 1.5 version of this mod I didn't get hiccups.
I will try your 1.0v and report back later

thanks again

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#72 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anach
I have an idea! (Happens from time to time).

How about pregnant Sims having their muscle definition temporarily overridden to get rid of pregnant 6 packs and simulate weight gain?

Hm I was sort of wondering how you managed to get your pregnant Sims to display their 6 packs. This problem somehow never occured to me for some reason, maybe i should check my custom skins...

The problem with simulating pregnant weight gain:
-It's slightly beyond the scope of this mod.
-Townies have difficulties losing weight and returning to their genetic shape since this is only simulated when they are rendered. Townies you don't meet in person for a while tend to just stick to their weight, sometimes takes their whole life.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#73 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 10:05 PM
@Navetsea
Tyvm for your specs!

My machine is slower and has only 2 cores (c2d 2.8 GHz, 4GB ram) and my game runs fine. Of course I have occasional hiccups but I cant see any correlation to my mod.

If you're interested you can click "update" sixpack and occasionally check the mod's stats on how many updates on sims were committed and how many times the mod was triggered (queries).
Field Researcher
#74 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 3:02 AM Last edited by Anach : 4th Jul 2012 at 3:27 AM.
Hm I was sort of wondering how you managed to get your pregnant Sims to display their 6 packs. This problem somehow never occured to me for some reason, maybe i should check my custom skins...

The problem with simulating pregnant weight gain:
-It's slightly beyond the scope of this mod.
-Townies have difficulties losing weight and returning to their genetic shape since this is only simulated when they are rendered. Townies you don't meet in person for a while tend to just stick to their weight, sometimes takes their whole life.

I only noticed it recently with a visiting sim. They had a muscle definition of 1 while pregnant and so it looked a bit strange. The only way to manually change that while they are pregnant is to adjust their fitness level to 0 with MasterController, and then use your mod to update their sixpack.

So what I had in mind was that the Sixpack mod checks for pregnant Sims and sets their muscle definition to zero and keeps it there while pregnant. Just to reduce the appearance of muscle bound pregnant Sims and round belly sixpacks. Loss of definition itself would simulate weight gain during pregnancy, without the need to actually change sim weight.
Scholar
#75 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 8:27 AM
@Navetsea
Tyvm for your specs!

My machine is slower and has only 2 cores (c2d 2.8 GHz, 4GB ram) and my game runs fine. Of course I have occasional hiccups but I cant see any correlation to my mod.

If you're interested you can click "update" sixpack and occasionally check the mod's stats on how many updates on sims were committed and how many times the mod was triggered (queries).

I've been running your 1.0 for few hours and it doesn't give any sign of problem, maybe I'll try again to update to 1.5
btw is there big difference between 1.0 and 1.5? should I delete the script cache when upgrading or in this case it is better to use the same cache?

thanks again

Page 3 of 8