Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sixpack Script-Mod by Consort

by Consort Posted 25th Apr 2012 at 8:25 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 8:13 PM by Consort

175 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 8
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#76 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 9:15 PM
Mod seems to work fine with the new patch 1.36
Forum Resident
#77 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 3:28 AM
Is there a tuning file to automatically enable "Auto Update" option for both household and townie sims each you start a new game?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#78 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
Is there a tuning file to automatically enable "Auto Update" option for both household and townie sims each you start a new game?

Hm nope, sorry. I didn't really bother to make things tunable for those 2 Bits Maybe next release or so.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 4:35 PM
i tried this with the patch that comes with diesel stuff, and i dont see the difference?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#80 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by knuttetiin
i tried this with the patch that comes with diesel stuff, and i dont see the difference?

The mod should work fine with the 1.36 patch (I think that's the Diesel one)

-Make sure you have turned on the mod in City Hall. Use the manual "Update Sixpack" interaction on your Sim for testing.
-Make sure your Sim has a decent athletic skill and is not overweight
-Make sure your Testsim is Young Adult or Adult (Teens/Elders need the texture fix I mentioned in the description
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 4:16 PM
Seems that it has some performance issue under 1.38
Back in 1.36 it was perfectly fine to make it active for townies on my PC without any lag. but now it lags my game if I make the auto-update active for townies.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#82 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 12:27 AM
Yea I currently have the mod back on my workbench

You can try this version and tell me if you see improvement.
Fixed some glitches "under the hood" and it's compiled against 1.38
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ConsortModSixpack_3prerelease0.zip (9.9 KB, 102 downloads)
Test Subject
#83 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort

I've been using this for 2 days now and I haven't noticed any problems yet.

Thanks for the excellent mod
Test Subject
#84 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 1:43 PM

Hey I just tested that new version and I think that it may cause invisible sims, it's just a teory but I'm testing now the new one and the old to see if that's the cause.
If you can test too we can see if it's that a problem or not. Glad for you attention.
And great mod I love it.

(Sorry for my bad english)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#85 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 3:37 AM
@PhelipeDeon

You can google the invisible Sim problem and you will find reports dating way before my mod was released. The problem seems to be more widespread than my mod.

I am experiencing invisible sims after I use a mirror to change a sims hairstyle, but they get visible after a short time again. Outfit updates seem to be able to trigger this problem, even in an unmodded game.

This mod does update the outfit of Sims, so it could trigger the issue. It doesnt seem to be the cause of it though.

In general you get better performance and fewer invisibility issues when you avoid the setting "sim detail - high" in the graphics option.
Test Subject
#86 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 3:53 AM
@PhelipeDeon

You can google the invisible Sim problem and you will find reports dating way before my mod was released. The problem seems to be more widespread than my mod.

I am experiencing invisible sims after I use a mirror to change a sims hairstyle, but they get visible after a short time again. Outfit updates seem to be able to trigger this problem, even in an unmodded game.

This mod does update the outfit of Sims, so it could trigger the issue. It doesnt seem to be the cause of it though.

In general you get better performance and fewer invisibility issues when you avoid the setting "sim detail - high" in the graphics option.

Hey I'm really sorry sometime ago I google it about that problem and is supernatura fault.
But this is good at least I can still use you wonderful mod
Test Subject
#87 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 5:01 AM

hey can you update to 1.39 please? I really like this mod
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#88 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shizzy356
hey can you update to 1.39 please? I really like this mod

Should work fine with 1.39
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#89 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 2:57 AM Last edited by coto39 : 8th Oct 2012 at 7:31 AM.
Hey Consort, can you check if this mod is working propperly with 1.39?

A few minutes ago the game crashed after I enabled the Auto-Update on Townies. Before (with auto-update for townies disabled) all worked ok and I didn't have crashes. But 3 seconds after I enabled that -> crash. Can you or anyone check that?

Thanks!

EDIT: After crash i cleaned caches and I tried again, and now works ok.. Weird... I will notify if I found something new about this issue.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 10:25 PM
Which version of this should I be using now? One from the first post or the one you attached to a comment later on?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#91 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:53 AM
Sorry it took so long.

Version 2 released

I actually found some glitches in the 1.x code, even some in the pre-release. These are fixed now. Some were responsible for occasional hangs in the game it seems.

Version 2 is compiled against 1.38 and tested with 1.39
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 5:34 AM
Thanks so much! Will test it in a few minutes!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#93 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:45 AM
Re-uploaded Version 2

Minor Fix:
One of the smaller bugfixes did not show in the game due to a wrong keyword The "Update Sixpack" interaction should no longer disappear when a Sim is reset.

(Download count shows 62 at the moment)
Field Researcher
#94 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 2:42 AM
1.5 worked swimmingly on my end. I'll test 2.0 and get back to you, but I anticipate no trouble. It has always been phenomenal for me.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#95 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 2:42 AM
Version 2 seems to cause a crash to desktop on very rare occasions.

By coincidence, I saved a game shortly before it crashed, so I had a small chance that the error could be reproduced and investigated.

I still don't understand what's causing it, but taking out one section of my code seems to fix it. I've been checking and testing for the past 3 days and will release a version without that code section tomorrow. Then investigate further.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 3:43 PM
Version 2 seems to cause a crash to desktop on very rare occasions.

By coincidence, I saved a game shortly before it crashed, so I had a small chance that the error could be reproduced and investigated.

I still don't understand what's causing it, but taking out one section of my code seems to fix it. I've been checking and testing for the past 3 days and will release a version without that code section tomorrow. Then investigate further.

The post I erased before was a report of the a random crash with this mod (with Auto-update for townies). But then I noticed that there was an error with Overwatch too (second version for 1.42 make the game crash to desktop after 5 seconds of loading the savegame).

I've been having crashes since 1.39 with this mod or overwatch or both on very random situations but mostly when i go to Town View and try to select someting in the map (lot, rabbithole, for example) with the game running at speed 2 or greater, but somtimes the game also crashes at normal speed.

Crash Log Analyzer says that maybe the savegame is corrupt which is very rare because I have the same errors with fresh savegames. I will try to investigate more about what is causing the crash...

P.S: all my mods are updated and my CC is mostrly from Store (the cc from thirds is updated)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#97 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 1:02 AM
@coto39
Yea thanks for the report. I'm still puzzled about what is actually causing the problem. It's extremely difficult to debug this because it appears that the bug is not in my code, but my code rather seems to trigger something. Plus I find it very hard to reproduce the issue.

I can confirm that it seems to be related to updating townies and that it seems to be happening since 1.39.

Crashes when going to birds-eye view would not be typical of any problems I have observed.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#98 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 1:04 AM
Version 3 uploaded

Compiled against the new 1.42 patch and tested in 1.38.
Certain coincidences seem to cause occasional crash to desktop issues in Version 2. This version tries to fix this odd issue.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 3:40 AM
Version 3 uploaded

Compiled against the new 1.42 patch and tested in 1.38.
Certain coincidences seem to cause occasional crash to desktop issues in Version 2. This version tries to fix this odd issue.

Thanks, I will try it later...
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#100 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 2:15 AM
I'm not at all happy with Version 3, sorry

I have found 2 issues that urgently need to be fixed to make this run smoothly in 1.42.
3.1 will be released in a short while.
Page 4 of 8