Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2021 at 6:26 AM
Default Why can I only see cc uploaded in the last 30 days??
I haven't used modthesims in a while, but back when I did, I could see all custom content and choose featured or most picked. Now there seems to be a limited amount of custom content to find, and I can only see ones from the last 30 days. I want to be able to get access to aaall custom content, not just ones picked or uploaded in the last 30 days. How can I do that?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 18th May 2021 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by snabbstjarten
I haven't used modthesims in a while, but back when I did, I could see all custom content and choose featured or most picked. Now there seems to be a limited amount of custom content to find, and I can only see ones from the last 30 days. I want to be able to get access to aaall custom content, not just ones picked or uploaded in the last 30 days. How can I do that?

Hello @snabbstjarten
The Latest Featured and Most Picked are still on the Mod the Sims Welcome Screen.
Using Downloads, select type of Sims 2/3/4 and beside that select ALL (I think the default is compatible).
The initial page has three categories - Newest Downloads, Updated Downloads and Popular Downloads in the Last 30 days. All categories have a show me more on the right hand side of the category title.
The 'Popular Downloads in Last 30 Days' will only ever be in the last thirty days but show more (on right hands side) will show you more than 10.
You will need to use the sidebar or search boxes for specific type items. The Search Box will allow you to search by tag or creator.
I hope this helps?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 18th May 2021 at 10:29 AM
The popular view is the only one out of all of them that has a limit of 30 days.  All others (Newest, Updated, Featured, Picked, etc) show all downloads. If you want to see all, just pick Newest, which shows all downloads sorted by date.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2021 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello @snabbstjarten
The Latest Featured and Most Picked are still on the Mod the Sims Welcome Screen.
Using Downloads, select type of Sims 2/3/4 and beside that select ALL (I think the default is compatible).
The initial page has three categories - Newest Downloads, Updated Downloads and Popular Downloads in the Last 30 days. All categories have a show me more on the right hand side of the category title.
The 'Popular Downloads in Last 30 Days' will only ever be in the last thirty days but show more (on right hands side) will show you more than 10.
You will need to use the sidebar or search boxes for specific type items. The Search Box will allow you to search by tag or creator.
I hope this helps?

Thank you, but I'm still surprised over how little CC there is for the sims 3, that I've just started playing again. For example, when I click "kitchen" (by room), there are only 14 downloads, but when I choose for the sims 2, there are over 300 downloads! Perhaps there hasn't been as much CC created for the sims 3 as for the sims 2... I don't mean to sound whiny, I think it's amazing what these creators are able to do. Am I missing something?
Inventor
#5 Old 18th May 2021 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by snabbstjarten
Thank you, but I'm still surprised over how little CC there is for the sims 3, that I've just started playing again. For example, when I click "kitchen" (by room), there are only 14 downloads, but when I choose for the sims 2, there are over 300 downloads! Perhaps there hasn't been as much CC created for the sims 3 as for the sims 2... I don't mean to sound whiny, I think it's amazing what these creators are able to do. Am I missing something?

Hello @snabbstjarten
I am not really that surprised that there are less Sims3 objects or recolors uploaded as the Sims3 has 20 expansion/stuff packs plus Store content plus has the 'built-in' design tool for players to customize everything in the game. It is also a lot of fun trying to achieve the shade of any color you want or even just changing the materials that the object can end up totally different.
Why not give it a go yourself and share?