Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 4:10 AM

Shvana6, this thread is six years old, for goodness' sake. Please read this:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=289713 .

Specifically, these two:
11. No Double Posting: Use the edit button - if someone has not replied since you and you have something to add or change in your original post after you've hit reply, use edit.

12. Do Not Bump Threads/No Threadcromancy: Do not post to an old thread just to bump it up to the top of the forum if you have nothing new to add, or to get it more visible (especially if it's your thread!) Don't resurrect old threads unless your comments are relevant and would be seen as a important addition to a thread. Continuing on a conversation dropped months ago is not a good idea - check dates.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 7:45 AM
All of a sudden, it's not so old of a thread, is it? :D

Cause I have something *very* relevant to add to it, and I have that to add precisely because I saw this thread 6 years after it was made. And was stumped by the initial posts: everyone is so bored with TS2, did you notice?

I sort of prefer it the way we are now in this forum: all still so excited with the game, we old (and new ) TS2 Simmers.

Did all those people claiming to be bored simply go away or did they move to TS3 and got bored with it pretty quickly too and then went away?

Oh, this is not a question- just musings of an TS2 addict waiting for the game to load. You know those lazy moments? - the music plays, the cursor spins, you seek out things to do to pass the time.

Was a nice passtime, this one. Game loaded - gotta go! Cheers!

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#53 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 11:16 AM
I find when starting a legacy or some sort of generational family to breed them in CAS with different Sims, and look for something unique that catches your eye. For instance, I had Puck Summerdream in CAS breed with several Pleasantview and other interestingly genetic Sims until I not only inherited the ears, but a very interesting personality along with it. I didn't change that CAS' personality, I kept it like it is, and it has been a lot of fun.

Also, if I am playing a big family, and get a little tired I send one or two on a vacation to sort of 'get away' from the same ol' same ol' or I'll stop playing for a while, build around the neighborhood until I feel the spark to play again. Sometimes, I'll be decorating a home, and think, 'Hey my third generation Windham would like this place,' and then I start getting into the vibe again. I know sometimes if I start to get burned out I'll actually look up legacy, prosperity, and other stories related to the SIms 2 or watch livestreaming videos of others building things (which I have improved drastically by doing), and then I get the sudden urge to want to play again.
Test Subject
#54 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:13 AM
The thing about The sims 2 (i don't know about The sims 3 cause i havent played it much) is that there is always unexplored content, but we kind of do The same things and repeat The same patrons over and over again, like we always pick The same skin tones, hair styles, faces, clothes, furniture and all those stuff, sometimes we even choose The same major in college or The same dorm or greek house.

I think It's great to try and do different things with all of your families so you won't get bored and leave them. Maybe you could marry your daughter with a vampire, or you could make a really small house and try to fit your sims in one small room, or créate your own apartments, marry a really awfull guy too! That would make it interesting, what i try to do is different things to keep The game interesting.
Test Subject
#55 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 8:38 AM
I have a family with a family tree and it's over 1000 sims. Made it 4 years ago. Of course, I am bored, but still fun to play.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 9:14 AM
Zombie thread, guys. (Perhaps this should be merged with "keeping the game interesting"?)

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#57 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 11:15 PM
I can play maybe to the third generation and then I get an idea for a new hood and never go back to the old one. Admittedly, I love big families, and my sims commonly have at least four children and all of them have children when they get older. Playing in rotation helps though, since all the children grow up together, invite each other over, and some get married and start families of their own.

I think my biggest problem is that I have strong interest in two separate time periods and ways of life, and therefore I will get the desire to want to play a neighborhood in an older time period, but then decide to play a family in modern times so I need a new hood for that family, but then I get interested in the new family and play that neighborhood for a while until I get a new idea.....and therefore my families never get through too many generations before I switch to a new hood.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Test Subject
#58 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 10:26 PM
When I started playing again... I think some time end of last year, I created a single woman, Amelia, and her family expanded to the point where I had an entire part of the neighborhood just for her decendents. So you can see - she married a man called Cleber and they had four kids, including Cleber's alien baby: Harriet, Annie, Dexter and Ella. Harry, Annie and Dex each had four kids while Ella had three. Harry has, now, seven grandbabies from ONE of her kids!, plus 9 from the other three!
That fmily became gigantic. And I loved them all -- but I grew bored with them, and stopped playing. When my Sims stopped working, eve though I wasn't playing I panicked because I didn't want to lose them!

But I started playing again when I found the Heir Apparent challenge, and now I don't think I could just idly play the game without a challenge. It's just so much more interesting! Especially when you combine challenges! I'm thinking of making an ISBI legacy that starts with a Xenophilia challenge. And I'm starting a Royal Kimgdom, too!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 11:28 PM
I pretty much abandoned ts2 when ts3 came out, but in 2012 I reinstalled my game. I've been playing the same family ever since! I'm now on generations 5, 6, and 7. I play with rotational gameplay, and it takes me an incredibly long time to play everyone. I created a subhood for them to live in, and its even getting full. The current active generation (the generation getting married/ having kids) will have 21 couples.. and hopefully only between 20-30 kids. I'm trying to reduce the population over time, so the majority of my neighborhood operates on a 1-child policy rule.

To keep the game interesting for me, I will remodel a house have affairs, go to college, get into private school etc. I also installed the inTeenimater, so its always fun to have a surprise pregnancy here and there
Field Researcher
#60 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 12:28 AM
I used to play the Broke family a lot and Brandi kept getting a wish to have 10 children so I decided to just do it. With the help of the Elixir of Life (yes I did cheat a bit with the unlimited use mod) and 2 different husbands (the first died after burning his mac and cheese) she got her wish and I wanted to push it to the limit after that. She ended up with 14 children by 3 different fathers Pleasantview became overrun by her offspring, to the point where I actually renamed it Brokesville. It got so overrun I ended up resetting the neighbourhood a couple of weeks back because I actually wanted a more even distribution of families in Pleasantview. I should keep my personal legacy challenges if I should ever do one again to a custom neighbourhood methinks.
Page 3 of 3