Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 10:03 PM
Default Probably a very silly Vamp question
Hi.
This is probably gonna sound really silly, but I'm wondering...
Is there anyway to get your Sim a vamp without going to a community lot?

'Cos my Pc is so damn slow!
It takes like... half an hour to load the community lot up and about an hour to get the game started. I'm looking into ways to speed up my PC at the moment, but i dunno what will happen..

but if nothing works, i'd like to know if there is any way, Hack, cheat, anything that'll make my Sim a Vampy without visiting the community lot...

Sorry if it's a silly question, but i'm a bit of a Newbie to this board (i joined a while ago but lost the addy)
Advertisement
#2 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 10:10 PM
Download the teleporter bush from MTS2 (or InSIM, I can't remember which). You can bring people over to your lot using that. You might have to search a bit for the vampire.

Then, using the mind control mirror, take over the vampire and get him to bite. They have to be friends so you might want to boolProp testingcheatsenabled true, shift/click on the mailbox and make everyone on the lot friends.

You can also download a potion from MTS2 I believe that'll turn your sim into a vampire.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 10:17 PM
Oh wow! Thank you so much!
:D
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 10:26 PM
Or you can just go ahead and use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, click on the mailbox and click "make npc...grand vampire", and one will come walking by if its after dark. then you can befriend it normally or through the mailbox again.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
#5 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 10:46 PM
Is there a glitch in my game because if I go onto "make ncp..." they all say something to the effects of 'private' 0_o (something to the effects of, meaning it says private with a few characters infront like *$ or something)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 4:03 PM
I've just asked my brother to try the boolprop cheat, and it won't allow us to click on the mail box.
Is there a specific city or somewhere that vampires are in?
Have i done the wrong cheat or something?
Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

thats the right cheat yeah?
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 8:26 PM
I think you have to turn boolprop on from the neihborhood view, then go into your lot and do what you want to do. Try that.
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 8:50 PM
If you want to use the boolprop cheat, you can do it directly on the lot; you don't have to be in the neighborhood to use it. I believe they left out one step.

Once on the lot open the cheat window and type in
boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

then, once the cheat is activated hold down the SHIFT key, and then you'll have the option to click on the mailbox. I actually believe there's an option on there that says, 'change life-state' and if you click on that, Vampire will be one of the choices.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 9:09 PM
Ok
Thank you I'll try that
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claireishness
Is there a glitch in my game because if I go onto "make ncp..." they all say something to the effects of 'private' 0_o (something to the effects of, meaning it says private with a few characters infront like *$ or something)

This is now happening with me
:S
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 8:59 AM
I don't remember having to use the mailbox. I'm pretty sure I just activated the testing cheats and Shift-Click on the sim and the change to vampire option is there (also the cure vampire as well.)
#12 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 9:06 PM
I think there's a cheat where you can just type into the control box (ctrl+shift+c) 'vampiresim <name>' and that should do it. or so i've read; I haven't tried it myself.
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 2:17 AM
Reeder I've never seen that cheat...So I dunno if that's actually going to work or not...

Anyway if your game can handle another download then I suggest you get this. Make sure to only download the vampire blood if you don't have pets, it might cause some problems if you download the werewolf blood and you don't have pets...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 7:22 PM
You guys have left out the easiest way to make a vampire! Use the insim. That's what I do when I can't be bothered to go through the whole process with a grand vampire.
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 7:25 PM
That's true, insim probably is the easiest way. As long as you have insim, that is. :]

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
Site Helper
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 4:38 PM
There was just a thread on the SimPE forum about using SimPE to make a sim into a vampire, werewolf, etc. I will try to find it and link to it.

Ok. the SimPE thread linked to a tutorial on MTS2

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1650485

They also mentioned the FFS debugger can do that.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 9:51 PM
being a vampire isn't quite as much fun when you can't go to community lots =(

nothing beats Bleh!!! ing people until they wet themselves
Site Helper
#18 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 12:51 PM
Why can't your vampire go to community lots? If you have OFB the time on the lot is the time you left for the lot. If you don't have OFB, send someone else to the lot long enough to set the lot to sunset and it will still be sunset the next time you go to the lot.

(There is also the time of day cheat, but I'm not sure which pack introduced it. Be careful with it, though. I have corrupted 3 residential lots by over-using it because I was tired of waiting for my vampire to wake up, and you could strand sims at work or school with it.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#19 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 4:09 PM
well, reread the OP. His problem is that his machine can't handle Community lots with the 10+ sims there.
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 4:16 PM
There is a vamp potion on MTS2 but i don't know the exact link
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 3:21 AM
Blah! That happens to me too. DDD=
I just use the insimenator. You can turn Sims vamp, werewolf, zombie... anything in about two clicks. ^__^
#22 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 11:33 PM
You don't nessecarely have to click on the mailbox

do BoolProp...
spawn
make a vampire

I think????
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 2:05 AM
Yes if you have insimenator the summoner part of it is really good for summoning the Grand vamps.