Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 4:51 PM
It's ashame the patch didn't address the dark room bug when your sims go into neighbors apartments it's all black and you can't see the furniture all you see is siloutes.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
It's ashame the patch didn't address the dark room bug when your sims go into neighbors apartments it's all black and you can't see the furniture all you see is siloutes.

I've never had that problem
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 8:15 PM

I had that same thing when I first installed Apartment Life, but since then it hasen't happened.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#54 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 9:01 PM

Is this when playing some of the Belladonna lots? They seem to be really buggy.
Sockpuppet
#55 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 9:08 PM
Don't forget, patch doesn't update existing objects and played lots !
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 2:44 AM
I actually liked a bug. If you max out the physiology skill, your sim can max out the original skills superfast, especially during fall with the Eureka Freetime benefit. How fast? Like, 2-3 skills every sim hour!

On another note, while playing an apartment, I could see my next door neighbor jumping rope! The whole apartment was dark, but I could the rope moving! Too bad I didn't think to snap it. Has anyone ever see something like that?

"I'm too booty-licious for ya, babe!"
Check out my DND Designs
#57 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 5:17 AM
The dark room bug happen to me when one of my sims was visiting her neighbor in the trailerpark.She's the blonde with the curly hair the one that divorced Armond I forget her name.

There is a bug I like too that I hope don't get fixed it's the one that lets sims wohoo in the closet by them just having a crush meaning they don't have to be in love and also they can get pregnant in it without being in love.Imagine this you have a family sim whose boyfriend won't hurry up and marry her and get her pregnant and she has a crush on her neighbor who she just met and she wants a baby really bad.They get in and do it and she gets pregnant with his child.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 2:29 PM
I have not tried the patch yet, I'm kinda scared after FT, I am thinking of testing it out today though.

dallas the jump rope thing happened to me, the whole apt was darkened properly but I could see the jump rope. lol Another funny thing I have seen is one of my neighbors picked up my sims newspaper and walked into their apt with it, I could see the paper "floating" inside their apt.
Instructor
#59 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maven2379
I have not tried the patch yet, I'm kinda scared after FT, I am thinking of testing it out today though.

I was very reluctant to install the patch too, considering that my game wouldn't load after installing the Free Time patch, but I decided to try it today (I really wanted that faster badges fix) and it worked fine--my game still works!
Theorist
#60 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Y2kRobie, when the patch fails you can usually see what file it fails on. All you need to do is copy that file from the Compressed.zip file on your AL Disc to the correct location on your hard drive, and patch again. The game has a nasty way of writing to your objects files, which can change their details so that the patch fails. Check out the MTS2 Help forum- I describe how to do this in detail several times!

Thank you I tried that and it did install but you wouldnt belive the complete hell I had to go through trying to re-install to make a long story short it took me almost 12 hours to get it reinstalled back on my computer :/
Well thanks again :-)
#61 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 5:17 PM
I am afraid to use Eaxis patches. I always just go to Pescado at MATY for anything needing fixed, he usually does a better and fast job patching.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 1:14 AM
well I finally did it, I had problems installing it and had replace some files, but other than that I've had no problems. Other than the neighborhood decoration that has already been mentioned it doesn't appear that they have borked anything, that wasn't before. They seem to have left out a few things tho, but Pescado has already fixed most of those things anyway. I have both and my game has not exploded in a BFBVFS .....yet.
Test Subject
#63 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 8:28 AM
Does anybody else have the bath with feet from kitchen&bathstuff for only 1 simoleon (sp?) after the patch?
#64 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dallasindc
On another note, while playing an apartment, I could see my next door neighbor jumping rope! The whole apartment was dark, but I could the rope moving! Too bad I didn't think to snap it. Has anyone ever see something like that?

YES!!! I saw that while playing one of the Belladonna apartments. Then after the neighbor jumped rope, he just stood there - like the roomies in Uni do. I didn't snap either, I should have taken a video.
#65 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 6:17 PM
Do the closets work for anyone yet? Mine still do not....
Test Subject
#66 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anguissette
Does anybody else have the bath with feet from kitchen&bathstuff for only 1 simoleon (sp?) after the patch?

Yeah I noticed that while playing yesterday.

Quote: Originally posted by BitterSweetNoodles
Do the closets work for anyone yet? Mine still do not....

They don't seem to work for me either :/
Scholar
#67 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 7:47 PM
I performed a clean install, I guess this is what it called: removed all my saved games to backup folder and then installed AL with a patch, so my game now looks like it was created by Maxis. I did it to test the new features and learn how to play AL. I haven't played that much, but I had no any problems with the game so far. The school bus comes as it should be, the mailbox doesnt hurt my Sims etc. The only thing that made me wonder if everything was Ok is how fast the woohooing happens in the closet, it's kinda funny, i wonder if it was supposed to be that way. I also noticed a bug, or something, on the lot with Chastity and that childhood friend of hers, forgot his name. When I told him to call someone, he came up to the wall phone, pressed a button to find the phone receiver that was obviously laying somewhere else on the floor, but nothing happened. He didn't go to pick it up as the Sims usually do :/ So I sold that buggy phone and bought them a new one. And for whatever reason whichever double doors I place on that lot, they are always opened.
Scholar
#68 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 8:30 PM
MY CLOSETS DONT WORK EITHER! i posted about it at MATY and they cant help me

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,13388.0.html
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#69 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
MY CLOSETS DONT WORK EITHER! i posted about it at MATY and they cant help me

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,13388.0.html

MTS2 can help though- check the link in my signature; you need the wiki article on Game Problems. I'll bet you have some files conflicting with this- take out your downloads folder and I'll bet your closets work.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 10:32 PM
Is there anyway to uninstall this patch?
#71 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 11:47 PM
I usually just uninstall the game and reinstall it to get rid of unsightly patches. ie Freetime. As for the closet issue, I had that problem briefly, but I think the problem was I wasn't hitting the right spot, either that or the patch fixed it. Try clicking the back of the closet.
#72 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 9:01 PM
The nanny will no longer stop working if a toddler falls asleep in a pet bed
Butler will no longer leave the lot with a baby

Both of those issues really bothered the crap out of me.
Page 3 of 3