Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moogloo88
Hey! Where did u get the "Find-a-Mate Crystal Ball" from SimBology??? i searched on the site for it...i tried the whole phrase, then i searched "simbology", and then "crystal ball" and nothing came up! i really want it! can u tell me how to get it?? thanks

Hm, I went there and found the mod instantly, and it's by TwoJeffs, not on MATY - http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php - Apartment Life Downloads (since your last EP is AL), and there it's the second mod in the list, right under the brilliant and helpful SimBlender
Advertisement
#27 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cdanon
That is a really good tip, ill give that a go, funny I used to browse at the people in college directory but never thought of it in this application. And saving a butt-load of money is always a + when starting out fresh.
Thank you. I`m glad someone`s finding it useful. I wonder why I didn`t think of this lots sooner, though.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 11:19 PM
The weekend is upon us so simmers be careful if you have a sims that is lonely please do not let the "Gypsy Matchmaker "CON" your sims out of his or her hard earn money for sometime the date you may get can turn out to be a real loser even if you do pay on the high end. But then again take your chances lol

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#29 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:00 AM
I also think the Gypsy is a bad matchmaker. I understand how she works via astrology and attraction markers but I hate that she doesn't seem to care about age or gender.
I tried her out a couple of times way back when and she dropped old ugly Sims everytime, and my Sim paid a fortune for them.

So I started making my own Sims to match up together. Then I match their offspring as well and so on and so on. I generally don't have much to do with the townies. Well I do use them as plunder for my Romance Sims but not much else. Since most of them are fugly they are not so good for breeding purposes anyway.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:59 AM
Has anyone else had the matchmaker set them up with a bon-voyage type? Has happened to one of my teen males he was introduced to Debbie Olfshki? from Takemizu, she was cute enough and had wealth aspiration but he never pursued her.
Site Helper
#31 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 12:31 PM
I don't have BV, but I've had her summoning people out of college. One of my sims ended up with a drama professor and a cow mascot.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#32 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 1:49 PM
cow mascot? I'd demand a refund!

In my games the Matchmaker likes to summon teenage NPCs, like post boys/girls or cashiers. They would come on dates with their post bags or wearing ugly green aprons and that's when my teen sims are desperate to find love and romance! argh!
Site Helper
#33 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:00 PM
Actually the cow mascot ended up doing quite nicely! (although I issued a refund anyway on general principles) Apparently my sim was enough of a practical joker himself that they got along rather nicely. Apparently the cow was a knowledge sim too, so a date at midnight in the cemetery with all the ghosts worked out rather well. Between the nice romantic ventrilofarts and the nice romantic ghost scares it ended up as a Dream Date!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#34 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Actually the cow mascot ended up doing quite nicely! (although I issued a refund anyway on general principles) Apparently my sim was enough of a practical joker himself that they got along rather nicely. Apparently the cow was a knowledge sim too, so a date at midnight in the cemetery with all the ghosts worked out rather well. Between the nice romantic ventrilofarts and the nice romantic ghost scares it ended up as a Dream Date!

Romantic ventrilofarts! That so just made my day.
Scholar
#35 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:17 PM
Love can be found in strangest places...
Forum Resident
#36 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:47 PM
I use her only rarely, because most of my sims have just little money and can't afford to buy a good date. But if I want to give them bad dates, then I'll invite the gypsy and make them pay very little. Usually I just use the Find-A-Mate-Crystal Ball and select a date for them myself. Just now I'm using it with my custom hood, so that every adult must get random spouse through the Ball (the one with the best chemistry, no matter how they look).

But it was really annoying, when the Gypsy came autonomously to residential lots and didn't leave untill someone shoved her. Since I've used Visitor Control, that hasn't been an issue anymore.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Mad Poster
#37 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 7:10 AM
I use her only rarely, too, but I usually do it for laughs, just to see who pops up. Like Maranatah, though, I like to give her a smaller amount of money ... no more than $300. Once, I gave her about $100.

Not all the "mismatches" are losers. My Sims actually went on successful dates with quite a few of them. I had to laugh, though ... one such "loser" was one of my user-made Sims, who happened to be a very popular A+ student ... and had a girlfriend at the time. Oh, and he was Cassandra Goth's child, so it wasn't as if he was poor. (I had Cassandra marry one of my user-made Sims. ) Yes, yes .... the game might consider Sims "loser" dates because of incompatible signs or traits. But I did find the matchmaker's choice amusing.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Page 2 of 2