Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2014 at 7:25 AM
Default (Cars For the Sims 2) what I recommend for car downloads including this site.
#1 right here on this site

http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?

http://www.freshprincecreations.com/cars.htm

#3 The Sims 2 Car Source
http://sims2carsource.net/vehicles.html

my favorite so far is the 3rd one. I had less problems with the 3rd one then fresh prince. I do like the mod the sims cars as well but it is hard to find one that I think is not buggy but of coarse I looked threw the last of the cars and first without looking through the mid section

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=wings&f=38
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 14th May 2014 at 3:07 PM
For me I only trust fresh prince and vovilla cars every other car I tried was supper glitchy and annoying... But that's probably just moi or my computer =|

From fresh prince, I have his Mercedes in the beginning, ford f150, Nissan murano, fiat, Toyota highlander I think it's called, some other Toyota SUV car, the ford explorer, a Mitsubishi?? sporty car lol

And from vovilla I have like a sporty scion car

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Inventor
#3 Old 14th May 2014 at 4:47 PM
What I look for in a sim car is the ability to increase energy. One of the Yashimoto Escapes gives 8, 6, 8 for fun, energy and environment. It costs $8,600, so far as I remember, and comes in a reasonable range of colours. I usually make the car match the colour of the house, though really evil sims must have black cars, and saintly ones must have white ones. The cars to avoid are the ones cloned on the cheapest, mud-splashed rust bucket; it takes two goes to close the door, and it starts with kangaroo hops.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th May 2014 at 5:50 PM
I'm either very lucky, or very oblivious, because I have never had a problem with a CC car, and I've downloaded any I liked, regardless of where I found it.

I do however have plenty problems with the FT restorable car that keeps vanishing and letting my Sims walk back from work.
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 14th May 2014 at 6:50 PM
I have the same problem as gummilutt sometimes with the restorable car, once restored. But only sometimes, which is...weird? Gummi, do you use community time, by any chance? I do and I'm thinking the issue might stem from that, but if you DON'T use it, then that might not be it. Unless two different things are causing the same problem, of course.

As for other cars, I don't generally download a lot of them, mostly because there's not much point as I don't often give my Sims cars. Also, the nicely-detailed ones are really high-poly and I'd rather have other stuff that I care more about be high-poly. Like furniture. Or the trees/shrubs that I have an obsession with. That said, I've never had any glitches with the (few) custom cars I've downloaded over the years.

And if anyone sees an '86 convertible Jag and/or a 2013 Dodge Ram quad cab out there, I need them for my self-sim.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th May 2014 at 7:04 PM
I'm afraid I don't, so it must be something else. I seem to recall researching it in the past and finding it's just one of those things that happen, but that could be my brain trying to justify not wanting to try and figure it out.
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 14th May 2014 at 7:13 PM
Well, good to know, I guess!

I think the restorable car might just be glitchy in general. I know that when I've sold them to other Sims, and then play that Sim, take the car out of their inventory, and try to use it, it often isn't driveable. (And I'm fully patched, so that isn't the issue.) So, I've just kind of given up actually using them. My pixels buy the junkers, fix them up, then just "sell" them via buy mode. It's a good-enough workaround for me, since I'm not all that big on my pixels having cars anyway. But restoring them is very profitable. The junker costs 800, I think, and restored it sells for 5000-and-some.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th May 2014 at 7:40 PM
I think you're right. It's just one of those things that EA botched when making it. I restore them and sell them with buy mode, just like you. In my mind it was sold to a car dealership somewhere else.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th May 2014 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frenchyxo22
For me I only trust fresh prince

Yes, his cars are awesome! Quite neat and realistic looking, and when sims get into SUV's or jeeps (any car with a higher seat elevation than a normal car), they would actually sit at an appropriate level, and sink in.
Scholar
#10 Old 15th May 2014 at 3:28 AM
I'm like iCad, only maybe more so. I can't remember the last time I gave my sim a car to keep. I used to sometimes give it to them when they were obsessing about wanting one and then take it away right after, which would annoy them. Perhaps word has gotten around, though, because they don't see to get that persistent automotive want any more. But I've downloaded a lot of cute cars, especially the GTA extracted ones, which I never actually see. I should do something abouit that.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 15th May 2014 at 5:58 PM
If you're looking for Simlish cars I recommend VPN Garage

Otherwise it's Fresh-Prince or Vovilla that's the biggest ones around
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th May 2014 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I'm either very lucky, or very oblivious, because I have never had a problem with a CC car, and I've downloaded any I liked, regardless of where I found it.

I do however have plenty problems with the FT restorable car that keeps vanishing and letting my Sims walk back from work.

I still like Fresh Prince and Vovilla cars as well. Never had a problem with any of the ones I've downloaded.

And maybe the burglar takes the FT cars! Quite a crime wave in these Sims 2 towns.

Isn't there a mod to help fix the FT car glitchiness? Cyjon comes to mind, but I could be wrong.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th May 2014 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frenchyxo22
For me I only trust fresh prince and vovilla cars every other car I tried was supper glitchy and annoying... But that's probably just moi or my computer =|

From fresh prince, I have his Mercedes in the beginning, ford f150, Nissan murano, fiat, Toyota highlander I think it's called, some other Toyota SUV car, the ford explorer, a Mitsubishi?? sporty car lol

And from vovilla I have like a sporty scion car

yea I noticed that Fresh prince got rid of all their glitch cars last time I went there yesterday. but in the past a couple cars from Fresh prince were locking the sim person in place, not letting any interaction once going to work. I Love Fresh Prince but since then they now have a smaller database I noticed when I downloaded them on yesterday all cars are good looking but selection is now lacking at least on my computer right now. I got all working downloads on all of above sites listed. one such glitch car and just the car nothing else was a red 1930's Lincoln I see is removed from their selection that was causing problems in my game. I'm going to check out vovilla sounds good.

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=wings&f=38