Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Site Helper
#76 Old 23rd May 2008 at 4:50 PM
I was leaving a lot just as someone stopped by to deliver an Outing gift. He showed up while the buy mode was greyed out and delivered a pinball machine. I was only taking pictures on the community lot, and I ended up with 3 townies getting bitten by grand vampires while I was there, so I exited the community lot without saving. The next time I played the lot the guy was coming by to drop off a gift again. This time it was one of the expensive hot tubs!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 24th May 2008 at 3:45 AM
Let's see. I've gotten two of those tall florid font fountains, the cheaper piano, the most expensive stereo, and lots and lots of red roses. Plus a few cleaning skills.
Site Helper
#78 Old 24th May 2008 at 3:26 PM
What gets me is when two sims who are complete slobs are on a date, and I get cleaning skill points from "hanging around with tidy people".

Where? Both of them were raiding the trash cans at one point or another during the date!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#79 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 3:25 PM
The best gift my sims ever got was a piano, that expensive blue vase, oh and the fish aquarium (which was a shock to me because I didnt know the game had that item )
#80 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 4:07 PM
The only thing I've ever got was a Plant. xo
Instructor
#81 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 4:31 PM
just last night Dinah got the alien pinball machine, the big urn statue, a drum set, the electro dance sphere and of course the usual assortment of roses. she sold everything but the pinball machine...her husband and kids are having a blast playing with it :D

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 6:21 PM
I find it happens with mostly Romance sims in my game. I've gotten TV's, the DJ Booth, expensive statues, the karoke machine, guitars, drums, the expensive telescope, a car once. It's great if you just have a romance sim living alone. If you constantly send them out on dates all the time, they can become super rich very quickly (if you sell the objects).
#83 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 6:28 PM
Umm... Lets see... Piano, DJ booth that expensive vase... That's all. I'm sad. I don't really send my sims out on dates. I MAKE (one way or another...) them meet the person they are meant to be with. ^^
Scholar
#84 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 2:31 PM
I've been trying to figure this out for a while and Google searches aren't helping much, so hopefully someone will read my bump:

Exactly what conditions must be met for your Sim to receive a love letter/card after a date? I had one Sim who was getting them nonstop, and I've never gotten another one since.
Forum Resident
#85 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 2:44 PM
My sim got one of those . . . . what's it called . . . the gyroscope club things. What a strange gift, right? I just left it out in the yard for the kids to play with.

Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#86 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
I've been trying to figure this out for a while and Google searches aren't helping much, so hopefully someone will read my bump:

Exactly what conditions must be met for your Sim to receive a love letter/card after a date? I had one Sim who was getting them nonstop, and I've never gotten another one since.

Good time= card (love letter)
Great date= single red rose
Dream date= red rose bouquet.
You have to end the date at good, great or dream on the score meter to get those.
Likewise, there are negative gifts- hate mail, flaming bag of poo and something else that I cannot remember. Can anyone else tell us?
Scholar
#87 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 3:35 PM
Thank you! I had been trying Dream and Great to no avail. And of course you have to wait for the mailman, so experimenting was getting very tiresome.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 4:00 AM
Default Wowza
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Good time= card (love letter)
Great date= single red rose
Dream date= red rose bouquet.
You have to end the date at good, great or dream on the score meter to get those.
Likewise, there are negative gifts- hate mail, flaming bag of poo and something else that I cannot remember. Can anyone else tell us?

Wow I never realized that until now

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
#89 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 2:18 PM
It's funny, I've had Nightlife for ages, and I didn't even know you could get gifts from dates xD; The only gifts my sims have ever received are roses...
Test Subject
#90 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 5:05 AM
I have gotten a fountain and most recently a T.V. (The big white one) nd the most expensive stereo (I think that might have been becuase they woohoo'ed about 5 times lol)
Scholar
#91 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SourSugarSummer
It's funny, I've had Nightlife for ages, and I didn't even know you could get gifts from dates xD; The only gifts my sims have ever received are roses...

I noticed that to receive a gift a Sim must have a date on community lot. If the date was great, a Sim will be given the bunch of roses and later his date returns saying how much fun they had on their outing and leaves something else on the porch. In my experience those gifts were always rather expensive items, few thousands worth.
Undead Molten Llama
#92 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 6:16 PM
I like it when my Pleasure/Romance sims who have dating/woohoo-related LTWS get the fountain. The Florid Fount, I think it's called, that's worth like $5800. It's nice because I always make these Sims' "job" dating and/or woohooing, until they reach their LTW, at which point I settle them down and (usually) marry them off and/or get them a real job. In the interim, they survive (or not!) by selling the dating gifts they get that they can't use for something practical, even if it's just the flowers. So it's nice when they get a fountain or a hot tub or a dance sphere because that will sustain them for a while.
#93 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 11:36 AM
One of those pinball machines.
Telescope, both the small one and the awesome large one.
Chess set.

I think I got a fountain at one point but I'm not sure XD
Forum Resident
#94 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 2:13 AM
The massive TV was the best one I've got in the game, but I don't usually send sims out on dates. I'm too lazy.

When I saw the TV sitting in the front yard I almost spat out my drink.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 9:30 PM
I got Flowers & a big TV today, i was really happy about it, especially about the Flowers. (I'm a romantic person and not quite materialistic.) Yesterday (real Life) my Sim Anais got a Loveletter from the same person who gave the TV and Flowers today, that was pretty romantic too <3
#96 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 9:45 PM
My sims go on lots of dates, but I don't really get many gifts. I've gotten a piano, a pinball machine, and an expensive statue that doesn't look any good in my house, lol.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 5:53 PM
I always wonder where Sims get the money to buy their dates these expensive gifts that they can't even afford for themselves.

Last night, my college Sim got a 12th Century Vase as a date gift. But if it was so valuable, why the heck did she just leave it at the end of the sidewalk to get covered with snow???
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 3:22 PM
Expensive telescope. That was my first dream date gift, and I haven't gotten another date GIFT since then. I'm looking forward to being able to play Sims next week. Stupid assignments.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 2:01 AM
I get TV's, telescopes, and the DJ booth frequently.

It's fun if you make a sim that has no job and lives off of gifts they get from "dream dating" different townies >3
Test Subject
#100 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 4:25 PM
My girl has only gotten flowers- she's had plenty of dream dates though. Still, she's rather loaded so she really doesn't need the stuff... yet, I mean COME ON- who wouldn't like a gift, even if they can afford it?
Page 4 of 4