Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 1:03 AM
Default Are you going to get it right away?
Greetings,

Are you planning on getting the Apartment Life EP right away? I'm still trying to decide.

What will you do if you are currently running INSIM and/or INTEEN? I would like to use both of those (I'm new to The Sims2), but it looks like INTEEN won't be updated any further, and it will take awhile for IMSIM to be updated (if the creator is even planning to update).

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Vy
Advertisement
#2 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 1:12 AM
I'll be pre-ordering. If Insim doesn't work with it, I can live without it (Insim, that is), but I will most definitely grab it to complete my EP collection.

And then I'll buy the SPs, probably as a bulk purchase.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 1:47 AM
Per my usual habit, I will probably get it as soon as it's released but then wait with installing it until I've read reports of common bugs and hack conflicts. I don't have time to play as much as I'd like anyway, so I can easily go a month or two without installing a new EP (although I'm very excited about Apartment Life and hope I don't have to wait that long to test it out).

I'm madly in love with Insim so I usually take a risk and put the obj edition in even if it hasn't been updated, if others say it seems to be working for them. If something goes horribly wrong, I can always revert to my backup.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 2:01 AM
Since I will likely be broke still when it comes out, I'll be waiting a few months to get it. By then, hopefully, everything I use is updated.

(Of course, if I'm not broke when it comes out, I'll probably still wait to get it, but weeks instead of months. )

InTEEN is one of my favorite hacks, and if the original creators do not update it, hopefully someone will adopt it, and update it for this ep.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 2:09 AM
I diffently will as soon as I can, it looks really interesting. Couple of weeks at MOST.

I am not sure why my name is now bs624_SC or why it thinks i joined in Dec. 1969, any ideas pm me. Thanks!

You can call me bs, bs624, or just Becky :)

I enter contests, but I haven't won yet, so don't be worried.
Theorist
#6 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 4:31 AM
I will buy it as soon as possible and plan to install it right away, but knowing me, I'll chicken out and refrain from installing it until I know what/how many bugs it has, how severe they are and whatnot.
#7 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 5:25 AM
Yes I'm getting it the day it comes out.I plan on going to my local gamestop soon to preorder it.I will also be getting the strategy guide.I can't wait to get al on my pc.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 11:42 AM
I'm planning to preorder it soon from Play.com, and install it as soon as it arrives. Someone's got to do it.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Field Researcher
#9 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 6:55 PM
I always pre-order from gamestop. I'm sure that i'll run home and install it the moment i get it.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 10:19 PM
Had it pre-ordered on Play.com for quite a while now, so it should come on the day of release, as did every other expansion pack. I cannot last long without them, just have to install ASAP.
#11 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 10:21 PM
Yes yes yes!! I can't wait for Apartments!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:10 PM
You bet! I already have it on pre-order.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#13 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:13 PM
I'll preorder it as soon as it's listed at my local PC shop website :D

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:19 PM
I have already pre-ordered it from Amazon.com

Side note: I will be waiting a while before buying The Sims 3, but it depends on how strong my will power is!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:35 PM
I never preorder the games- they always end up getting shipped to my house late. I usually buy them at Best Buy on the day of release (they have them out by noon), but to answer your question, I'll buy it right away.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#16 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 7:59 PM
I haven't preordered it yet but I will soon. Every time the game has got to me a day before its suspossed to. However unlike previousley I probably won't install straight away.
Alchemist
#17 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 8:00 PM
I think it depends on where you live to when you get it. As for me, i dont preorder ,but i definatley will buy it straight away
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 8:12 PM
I'll get it from Target the day it's out, but now that I play with so many hacks, for the very first time, I won't be able to come straight home and install it. I'll have to wait for updates. I love the hacks, but I'm not good at waiting. And I want to use it to create the subhood Anil, finally my NPC's will have homes.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 8:27 PM
No, not straight away. I have a tendency to make impulsive buys and then regret them later. 8D So when I really want something, I usually wait a few weeks to see if I still want it afterwards. If I do, then I buy it. I'll do the same with Apartment Life.

I also can't live without hacks very much, being a storyteller and all. D; so that will be a big factor in waiting.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
#20 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 4:31 AM
Most likely, I like to have a full collection :P
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 4:26 PM
I will definately buy this EP right away because I've done that for every single SP and EP to date.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 5:08 PM
Here is an image of the computer you get when pre-ordering through Amazon.com

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 7:28 PM
That picture looks so realistic that I actually thought for a moment, "What, we receive a real desktop computer?! Awesome!"

Don't mind me. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selene1212
Here is an image of the computer you get when pre-ordering through Amazon.com

<snip>

I'm betting that computer will be missing Freetime options. Or quite possibly since it is Apartment life, they will have it updated, surprisingly...

I don't know if I'll get it immediately, it looks tempting; however, I'm liking Inge's 4 key doors at the moment, and her doors will be good for within the apartment, but I know they won't work, because I remember forgetting to take her 4 key doors out when I got BV, and I had a little fiasco. If I do get it, I'll wait for most of my hacks to be updated first.

Forum Resident
#25 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 8:23 PM
I'll get it right away... But not through pre order. I hate having to guess when they are going to take the money out of my bank account as I usually don't have much in there to begin with. I'll buy it at Target the day of or a few days after depending on when I get paid then, probably using my discount (I work there). I usually buy it at Target or Gamestop, depending on who has it out first, and who is cheaper (generally, Target, since we usually put new games on sale the week they come out). I'm so excited!

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Page 1 of 4