Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#126 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 9:58 PM
Makin' Magic is remade in Apartment Life !
Advertisement
Alchemist
#127 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 5:10 PM
the AL chat said no more EPs were planned
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 7:37 PM
Yep I want another Expanision pack. I'm not looking forward to Sims 3 too much, as of now. One aspect of The Sims that hasen't really been touched completely is work and school, where/what are our Sims doing during that time? They've given us hobbies and businesses, but what about their careers that we have to gain tedious skill points for?

I want to see what a Sim highschool or middle school looks like. Kinda sucks there won't be any expanision packs, but I may read or see something about The Sims 3 that I would have to own/play with (like a new age category, which I hope is a middle age).
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JujuTS2
I think TS3 is a major TS2 gameplay update but the sims still do stupid things like that

I like the cartoony and cheesiness of The Sims franchise
Field Researcher
#130 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
the AL chat said no more EPs were planned

Currently. They said that there were currently no plans for another EP. I personally interpret this as EAxis' elusive way of saying "we might look into producing another EP down the line depending on what kind of profit we think we'll be able to expect from it, but this is a huge 'maybe' so we're obviously not going to commit to anything by hinting as much to the fans at this point. We might (or might not) actually already have something in the works but we're not going to tell you at this stage either way."

If we get one, we get one. If not, too bad. The EP production will stop when it's no longer financially feasible for them to keep churning them out.

Time will tell.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#131 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 9:17 PM
It's because their next priority is The Sims 3, so they haven't enough time to spend on a TS2 EP and TS3 ! They don't want to delay it !

Maybe after TS3 will be finished, they'll work on another TS2 EP !
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 6:22 AM
I think the Sims 2 looks better than TS3, as it is right now. I'll play TS2 until my computer explodes from too many EPs, but TS3 I'd rather wait to get until they have as much cool crap for it as the do for TS2.
I would, personally, love to see a set of Maxis-made bunkbeds that actually function like two beds, with one on top of the other. It CAN be done, I'm sure. These Maxis guys are wizards, they can do anything.
(Now I REALLY hope someone from EA is reading this!)
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 10:34 PM
i hope there is another one. Ive always wanted apartments for my sims, so im happy with the new EP, i remember when NL was coming out and we were asking the creators if they included apartments, because in a downtown city, their obviously should be apartments!!! But anyway, back to the topic..
I think that their is still PLENTY of new things that EA could come up with. Anyone who says they couldnt think of anything else is just being pessimistic.
they could include a family based EP with lots more baby, toddler and children interactions. They could always think of new NPCs and lots of people want to see their sims go to work and school.
As far as a superstar remake, I think in AL the new social groups are supposed to be something like in SS. But i never played it, so i may be wrong. Id like them to come up with something that would totaly surprise us and catch us off guard.
Not everyone is going to go and buy the SIms 3 right when it comes out. For lots of diffrent reasons. It may be to expesive, their computer cant handle it, or they just want to wait and see how its reviews are, or are happy with just the sims 2 for whatever their reason.
Like someone else said, The Sims 2 is by no means outdated like The Sims 1 was. It jsut a diffrent style of playing
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 12:01 AM
yup. I want atleast two more. make it an even ten ep`s.
#135 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 5:07 PM
I don't want another one. For one thing, I really shouldn't spend more money on TS2, when TS3 is coming next year. (poor student, you know ) And, well, my computer probably wouldn't handle more EPs.. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#136 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 3:01 PM
as much as i want one i highly doubt they'll do one with like sims3 coming out in feburay next year... i just want another sp with BABY STUFF which they took out of al.. if they don't giv us one i say we all go sit outside EAxis headquaters and protest the baby stuff being in a sp, seeing as everyone does'nt think its in the ep anymore.. :\:P

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Field Researcher
#137 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 2:34 AM
I would actually prefer that there's no sims 3, since sims 2 was perfect as it is(not the bugs, the gameplay), and I'd hate all those cc i got over the years will go to waste

plus, sims 3's sims didn't look that good, they looked like barbies
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#138 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brad2006
I would actually prefer that there's no sims 3, since sims 2 was perfect as it is(not the bugs, the gameplay), and I'd hate all those cc i got over the years will go to waste

plus, sims 3's sims didn't look that good, they looked like barbies

I agree but the players will do better Sims than EAxis like TS2 !

Get The Sims 3 is restart to ...
... learn the gameplay !
... create a "First" (Testing) family !
... begin a story !
... create custom contents !
... create mods !
... hunt the community stuff !
... hunt the community mods !
... verify the compatibility of mods each time a new EP is released !

Well, 4.5 years of work before ... The Sims 4 is released !

"Same players ! Replay again !"
#139 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 7:29 PM
I would have liked to see an expansion pack that added things like hospitals, etc, or the ability to run one. Other than that, I've seen pretty much everything I want to. I don't mind if this is the last expansion pack, but I won't complain if they add more =P
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 7:37 PM
Not everyone's system will handle Sims3...especially once CC is added...I'm sure the polys will be high to begin...nothing broken with Sims2...so don't fix it! Sims2 sims look better than Sims3 so far, so I'll stick with S2...atleast until a huge bunch of CC is available to improve the game. Another expansion pack is welcome for the reasons above! Tired of making EA rich...they should give an expansion pack free to all those that have spent a certain amount of $...and played since the onset of this addictiveness.
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 3:30 PM
Actually I like getting new packs for TS2 but I´m so tired of hunting down updated fixes and hacks so I voted #2/that I don´t want more hacks.

I will get IKEA and AL when they start showing up in secondhand stores ... next year - after Feb 20 I assume

And I do not want TS3. I do not want going through all the hazzel with the various bugs and flaws ... now I just want to play my game

Rose
Field Researcher
#142 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 3:51 PM
I would like to see 2 more sp's that give us more neighborhood things, and all the other stuff they forgot about in the previous packs. Babies, elders, etc.
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 4:44 PM
This is it for me no more sims. i lovw sims 2 and im gonna stick with it (unless i get a better comp.then sims 3 it is)...
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 1:25 AM
Seeing as I don't even have Bon Voyage, Apartment Life, or any of the Stuff Packs yet, and The Sims 3 is right around the corner... No? =\ Seems like reason enough to stop making new EPs for now. They may as well just move on to making more deluxe packs for people who don't have the game.
Page 6 of 6