Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:25 PM
Default Is AL more buggy than the rest?
I've seen so many glitches and bugs in my game I can barely count them. It really annoys me on how EAxis has gotten so sloppy with their EPs (and SPs) because they're more based on profit than customer satisfaction. I remember when Pets came out (and after the OMG CUTE KITTIES AND PUPPIES hype died down) that everyone was complaining about the glitches and errors and crashes and custom content not working and everything. Seasons only had a few major bugs like the Sims always going to look out the window to see that it's raining/hailing/snowing all the time. Bon Voyage had a lot of minor/major glitches to it and FreeTime also had some major/minor bugs to it too. But does this EP have more than the rest? Because I'm really tired with having to deal with it all.
Advertisement
#2 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:29 PM
Huh?
I havent found anny glitches or bugs yet, other than the ones I sometimes get from the cheats.
Alchemist
#3 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:31 PM
Yeah, AL is pretty good as far as glitches go, I think. And I've even got (very few) outdated hacks in play. Have you??
#4 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:38 PM
Don't forget about kitchens and baths it had a lot of glitches.This ep thou has more then any of the other eps and stuff packs.I really hope we don't have to wait several months to get a patch.As soon as it comes out I'm downloading it.
#5 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:43 PM
I wouldn't say more glitches, but they're certainly different kinds of glitches than we've seen before.
Theorist
#6 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 6:20 PM
What glitch? Haven't encounter any Then again I haven't really play it...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 6:49 PM
The biggest glitch I have is that my sims no longer have wants or fears.
Well, some do. It's bizzare. One minute they have wants, fears, ect. then the next while im playing they just sort of gradually fade out, which makes it seem...deliberate? IDK but i've never seen something just 'fade out' like that before with the sims.
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 6:49 PM
I only know of one and it's when I move my pictures down on the wall they turn black... but other than that my game works fine besides that it runs a lot slower than before.

[SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrchid]*flip flops..belly tops..lemonade under the shade..blue skies..hot guys..late nights..water fights..ice cream..sweet dreams..party time..looking fine..sleeping in..sneaking out..thats what us girls are all about!*[/COLOR][/SIZE]
#9 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 6:50 PM
I noticed that too, and the truth is I was thinking the exact same thing!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 6:53 PM
i hav'ntr reallyed played it becuase it goes so much slower than before i installed it.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Instructor
#11 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 7:02 PM
I'm usually pretty lucky when it comes to bugs and glitches... I read all about the problems everyone was having, but never got any of them myself...

Apartment Life is a different story for me altogether. DX I've had game crashes and glitches galore! It's ok though, JM's al fixes got rid of my main problem and I can handle the game crashes (although it's really irritating, I'm just saving at the end of every sim day now).
Instructor
#12 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 7:13 PM
I generally always get bad glitches (Freetime was a trainwreck for me), so I deleted and re-installed everything for AL and have been playing everyday since wednesday. I haven't had any glitches except for the wardrobe rack doesn't display any options. Other than that, it runs slow, but well so far.
#13 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:38 PM
I've had glitches. The cell phones have disappeared from my Sims' inventories, and a blind date went really bad when the guy wouldn't ever leave, and when I clicked on him, there was never an option to Say Goodbye, so he moved in, like a member of the household, but I had no control over him.

I played the Green household in Belladonna Cove, and the front door would never close. I think I finally figured out that it was because the venting was too close to the door, making it malfunction, so I shortened it. Door works now. Walls have been glitched, so I've had to re-do them.

Not everyone is experiencing the same problems, but I've read the cell phone one is happening quite a bit. I probably won't play any other household, now, uintil a patch is done.
Scholar
#14 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:29 PM
I've been playing the Sims games since the original was released. I haven't had many problems that weren't self-induced, and I think they only thing I've really complained about in an expansion pack was the way the K&B fridges had no Get Leftovers, etc. options.

That said, I've experienced just about every problem with Apartment Life listed on the forums, and then some. This has been on clean installs of both XP and Vista, on two separate gaming rigs, and I have 15 years' worth of personal and professional PC hardware experience. (I know a lot of people make that claim, and no, I don't expect you to be impressed in this day and age; I'm just saying I know how to make good hardware and driver choices--that's all.) I've had crashes on a totally clean install (i.e., an install that has never had so much as a Download directory created), lots of Witch inconsistency as noted in another thread, and god forbid I actually try to play an apartment lot. (The last time I tried to move two sims into an apartment, they just stood on the sidewalk with their Wants panels spinning constantly and never stopping, unable to move.)

I've got JM's fixes and things are calming down a little. I'm just sayin': I'm not usually a complainer, I've tried most of the 'best practices' for evading buggy Sims expansions, and AL still has problems. Hopefully we'll see a patch soon, or at least more fixes from the community.
Alchemist
#15 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:45 PM
Im not sure if this is a bug, But two of my sims moved into an apartment and tried to meet the neighbours after a few days in and all of them said that they're not in the mood right now...
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hunca
I've had glitches. The cell phones have disappeared from my Sims' inventories, and a blind date went really bad when the guy wouldn't ever leave, and when I clicked on him, there was never an option to Say Goodbye, so he moved in, like a member of the household, but I had no control over him.

I played the Green household in Belladonna Cove, and the front door would never close. I think I finally figured out that it was because the venting was too close to the door, making it malfunction, so I shortened it. Door works now. Walls have been glitched, so I've had to re-do them.

Not everyone is experiencing the same problems, but I've read the cell phone one is happening quite a bit. I probably won't play any other household, now, uintil a patch is done.

I am installing AL right now but the cell phone thing happened to me last week.
Inventor
#17 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 12:19 AM
It does indeed seem very buggy. I've had a ton of glitches and usually I don't get a whole lot when I install new EPs.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 12:43 AM
I haven't had any major bugs yet, but my sims have started gossiping about people they've never met (the witch doctor, bigfoot, Pollination Technician, etc.). I'm assuming that that's an AL thing, since I haven't installed any hacks/CC.

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
-Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Yearbook
Instructor
#19 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamMLover
I am installing AL right now but the cell phone thing happened to me last week.

This will fix the disappearing cell phones.
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 12:43 PM
Not too sure if it's a glitch, but I have a couple in an apartment. They simply aren't given any options to find a room mate. The computer is a maxis one, so there's no CC getting in the way. I've tried the paper, PC and phone to no avail.

I've hunted roomies down for my sims before, but now every time I try, nothing...
#21 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 1:02 PM
I really haven't had bugs but it seems like AL has made the game too easy?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 1:49 PM
From what I've seen so far, AL seems to be far less buggy than most previous EPs. Considering all the features that were added with this EP, I'm actually surprised at how infrequently glitches have appeared.

That said, there are a couple of real doozies - NL love letters will bork apartment mailboxes and apartment lots really seem to dislike having uneven terrain.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Alchemist
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
i hav'ntr reallyed played it becuase it goes so much slower than before i installed it.

I have that problem too. I'm considering uninstalling it
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 3:38 PM
OH MY GOD, i now discovered that ofb shop windows recolors are gone !!
i have just the red color.... (the other colors came with the ep right? or were they cc ? )

i think that AL has lots of bugs... but it worth it !
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 3:56 PM
Fat D over at MATY has a fix for the shop windows. Its in peasantry.
Page 1 of 4