Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 11:46 AM
Default growing babies
my sim had twins! that's when one baby comes then another comes right after! twin means two! two boys! I want to make them playable how do I do that? right now they just lay there and cry or be held by my sims.

and where are my piktures i tooked?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 11:53 AM
Infants aren't selectable without a cheat. CTRL-SHIFT-C and type boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true - then shift-click on the baby and choose "make selectable" - you may have to switch to another sim and the back to be able to actually select the baby. You won't be able to tell them to do anything until they're toddlers but you can at least see their needs.

All the info you could ever want on sim childrearing can be found here: http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...es_and_Children

Info on pictures taken in-game can be found here: http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...hots_and_Videos
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 12:18 PM
I want answers not urban legonds
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 12:27 PM
Perhaps you should try some other site then, since our answers (which do work in-game and aren't urban legends at all) work just fine, Meeki. :P

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 12:47 PM
found a link for it here http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...ame_Help:Babies

next time mention wiki instead of sewing the shit you licked off the dogs ass
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 12:50 PM
That page was linked from the one I linked you to. Silly me, thinking it'd be helpful to have information on all aspects of sim reproduction (since babies grow into toddlers) and that you could click the link there without me having to link you directly to it.

I don't even know how you'd sew shit. You'd have to let it dry first or it'd just fall apart.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 2:52 PM Last edited by Sixth : 4th Mar 2010 at 3:02 PM.
Thanks for that Hysterical, learned a lot of new little things I never knew before.

Like learning to study, I rarely gave homework help just out of convenience, now I'll find time to do that.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:43 PM
Grrrrrr...babies are a pain...especially when it seems a rare occurrence to find two really good parents...but even then they'll eventually put the kid on the floor or the ground somewhere. Just out of curiosity once, I let them do whatever they wanted when it came to the baby...sure enough, they left it in the floor, they'd pick it up and feed it from time to time but its having a cow because of a dirty diaper that they never did change...this kept up for three days or so before Mom finally intervened and cuddled it and changed the diaper...horrible parenting, just brutal. Anyone know of any mods to improve their parenting skills?
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:51 PM
HystericalParoxysm I pitty you clearly whatever shat you out gave you the false idea that everything has to be done said or thought up by you to be right. I hope one day you will join the real world and see that taking credit for something I or anyone else found on their own doesn't Impress anyone over the age of two.
#10 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:55 PM
I hear that J.M. Pescado has some over at MATY that *might* be relavent, but as I never bother to go there for anything less than truely spectacular [haven`t gone at all, yet], or via a direct link to the download itself [snagged a couple things this way], I couldn`t say for sure.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
retired moderator
#11 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:59 PM
Nah, I LOVE being proven wrong. It happens so rarely, it always comes as a surprise.

Scholar
#12 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 8:08 PM
water HP on walks. Big red label says everything right.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phlashman
Anyone know of any mods to improve their parenting skills?

AsG eneralOperationsDirector said, Pescado over at MATY has a baby monitor which you can use. It has options to turn on and off monitoring of babies and toddlers (default is off), automatically dispose of bottles or have them disintegrate, lobotomizes nannies (if you have the lobo nannies mod), and forces smart milk to toddlers if it's on lot, with potentially more aside.

It can be found in the Hack Directory (select latest EP, go to hacks and look for "baby control").

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:06 PM
Thanks Katya
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:10 PM
Speaking of hacks, I'd love to see a Sim walk into a bathroom when another is doing their business and do the "stink" reaction...that would be classic!
Theorist
#16 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Latias_Ruby481504
HystericalParoxysm I pitty you clearly whatever shat you out gave you the false idea that everything has to be done said or thought up by you to be right. I hope one day you will join the real world and see that taking credit for something I or anyone else found on their own doesn't Impress anyone over the age of two.

You have an odd preoccupation with fecal matter.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Alchemist
#17 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I don't even know how you'd sew shit. You'd have to let it dry first or it'd just fall apart.

Fan -bloody-tastic Good call HP had me in stitches and juice flew out my nose!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Scholar
#18 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 1:14 PM
My friend and I were cracking up in the student centre at uni at that comment too.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Nah, I LOVE being proven wrong. It happens so rarely, it always comes as a surprise.

It's about time you put your avatar into action. Someone needs serious stabbing here.
Site Helper
#20 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 6:17 PM
Check the thread Meeki/Latiaas made about accessing the store.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
#21 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 7:02 PM
*Looks at title*

Please, please, Meeki, promise me you will never make children.

(Maybe I should have said that to your parents 13 years ago.. but well, better too late then never.)
Scholar
#22 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 1:38 AM
Apparently Meeki's a 13-year-old cop who's going to track down our IPs and report us for being pirates.

Arr! Matey, he only said that if YEH had a pirated copy, it wa'n't advisable ter start fiddlin' aroun' with yer Sims 2 Store Edition.

*giggle* This is fun. I'm going to go find LOLcatz for HystericalParoxysm. Head to the store thread for LOLcatz (and cdanon's awesome "Urban Legond" - the one you can actually read: I have it as my avatar.)
Banned
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by appelsapgodin
*Looks at title*

Please, please, Meeki, promise me you will never make children.

(Maybe I should have said that to your parents 13 years ago.. but well, better too late then never.)

too late I have them they caught AIDS from you being born though
Scholar
#24 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 4:13 AM
Meeki, even I learned about how AIDS is spread in eighth grade way up here in the Great White North. Are you not paying attention in your health class?
Site Helper
#25 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 4:18 AM
They haven't studied that yet. She just finished learning that when you have two babies it's called twins! It's next year when they get into the hard stuff like how to avoid STDs.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 1 of 4