Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 3:00 AM
Vampire Sims; What do you do with them?
If you want your sims to stay as a vampire, what do u do with them all the time? Like they can't go to work because of the sun light. And I don't want to always use the " SetHour # " cheat because it affects every time related things.
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#2 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 3:43 AM
Yes the Vampire can go to work their house need to be attached to the garage, so they can go directly from the house to the car without being expose to the daylight. The light from the windows does not affect vampire sims inside their house or in the car, because while sitting in the car the vampire is considered in door.

Just make sure the vampire needs are filled before running for the carpool during the daytime ( that is if he or she use the carpool, better for him or her to have their own car ) He can function during the day but he or she have to spend a lot of time tending to their faster than normally decaying needs.

You can do this if you want your Vampire active during the daytime, One advantage during the day is their needs will stop if you let them sleep in a coffin just as they do at night. Just remember the daytime life of a vampire sims can be painful for them.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Inventor
#3 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 3:44 AM
Actually, they can have day jobs. You just gotta get them out of the house and into the carpool pretty quickly to minimize the damage. Once they take off in the car pool, their needs will stay static, except for hunger which gets refilled at mid-day like everyone else, until they get home. Then it's just a mad dash to the coffin where their needs are completely frozen until night falls. Their needs do not drop at all after dark, so you have plenty of time to restore them before the morning.

There's actually a whole study at MATY on the effects of sunlight on vampires and how to get them to their carpool without much damage.

My solution to the problem was to make him a witch so he can just teleport to the sidewalk.

Edit: Simonut and I were typing at the same time so yea, what she said. Having their own car is probably the best solution but I didn't put my vampires in a house that really accommodates that so I had to be pretty creative. I would also strongly suggest a toilet near the coffin. There's nothing like watching your cool, macho vampire pee himself.

kittens!
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 3:49 AM
Default Nosferatu
There are a couple of hacks/mods for the demon-infested blood sucking corpses that allow them to have night jobs and pay rent after sundown.

As for what I do with them, I wait for some pixel fluffhead to evidence the desire to be a blautsaugar, then let them deal with it. Oh, the sun! IT BURNS!!! Serves you right, you turnip head! Whoever came up with the idea that vampires are somehow sexually attractive needs long term therapy and large doses of psychoactive medication. The stench of decay alone would be enough to drive any thoughts of romance out of your head. And consider this-they don't breathe, their hearts don't beat, and their blood does not circulate. Therefore, they can't get it up.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kneon_Knight
There are a couple of hacks/mods for the demon-infested blood sucking corpses that allow them to have night jobs and pay rent after sundown.

As for what I do with them, I wait for some pixel fluffhead to evidence the desire to be a blautsaugar, then let them deal with it. Oh, the sun! IT BURNS!!! Serves you right, you turnip head! Whoever came up with the idea that vampires are somehow sexually attractive needs long term therapy and large doses of psychoactive medication. The stench of decay alone would be enough to drive any thoughts of romance out of your head. And consider this-they don't breathe, their hearts don't beat, and their blood does not circulate. Therefore, they can't get it up.

All I have to say is I love it hahahaa lmao hehehee.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 4:23 AM
most of the time, i make clans. there is at least six vamps in a house, with one human, is does all the day-time errands that vamps don't or can't do. most of the time, my vamps aren't sexy. they are just mean, and kill people(thank you hacks). of course, i have buffy-like sims that stake them or turn them back to human. it's fun.
Theorist
#7 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 5:18 AM
Vampires can get jobs, as people above said. But I never make them have normal jobs, because it just looks so fake, when a vampire goes to a day-time job . Sure you can put a coffin in the garage and have your vampire enter the car without motive loss this way, but what of it? It's too fake that she gets to a normal job and does something in the city in the day time.

I don't know, I either use careers with night hours with them, or they're sitting at home like royalties, while others work for them. In case of home sitting, it doesn't mean that they do nothing. I give them pleasure\popularity aspiration, and they constantly want to throw parties, have outings, or go to community lots at night.

And usually I make my vampires witches (evil witches), coz this way they've got a lot of new things to do, like creating ingredients. Then it's fun how much they can do on community lots by magic to disrupt others sims' lives
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 7:18 AM
I don't mess with supernatural Sims very much, but my current ((And pretty much only)) Vampire at the moment is married to a Good Witch, and happy avoiding the sun.

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 12:39 PM
is it possible to make a servo a vampire without cheats? Seems very unreal but I could do it with cheats.
Inventor
#10 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 12:32 AM
I don't care for vampires, so I've never had them in my game. When I make a bunch of custom townies for my custom hoods, I make a bunch of them have vampirism as a turn-off.

I've never really understood the fascination with or attraction to vampires. I remember taking a college course that had us watch a Dracula movie for a specific project. I like horror/scary/terror movies, but haven't yet seen one Dracula movie that didn't bore me to tears. I guess vampires are a personal turn-off for me.

I tried to get one of my sims bitten by a vampire, just because I was mad at her. But I really couldn't even stand to look at the vampires in the game, so nothing happened during those very brief run-ins. I thought those Seasons' sun lamps would keep vampires from showing up at the lots I built Downtown, but that wasn't the case. Almost all my lots had those lamps and the vampires continued to come. That was before I knew of the visitor controller. Not much of a point now because I just don't ever play downtown lots any more.
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 1:55 AM
you could always *GASP* use the Sim Modder.

just make their motives static and then you don't have to worry about it. i had a vampire sim out all day in the sunlight with static motives. smoke comes off of them the whole time but they don't die or anything.
Inventor
#12 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kneon_Knight
Whoever came up with the idea that vampires are somehow sexually attractive needs long term therapy and large doses of psychoactive medication. The stench of decay alone would be enough to drive any thoughts of romance out of your head. And consider this-they don't breathe, their hearts don't beat, and their blood does not circulate. Therefore, they can't get it up.

Lol, have you ever read the Anne Rice series? It mentions how, when they're being made, that they "expell" things like "impurities" and "waste," and other overly polite terms. In other words, much like how people shit themselves when they die, so apparently do vampires when being made, which kind of makes sense if you think about it, since vampires are basically re-animated dead bodies. You'd think that that fact alone would be enough to kill any Twilight lover's labido, but, apparently not

As for my own experience with sim vamps, it's mostly been confined to a single incredibly stupid one (or maybe not so incredible, given other people's stories). I'd send him to his coffin in the morning, and then follow the other non-vamp members of the house, and, sure enough, around noon or so, there the vamp came, wandering out to the middle of the road, in broad daylight, wearing nothing but his tighty-whities, smoking all the while, to pillow-fight with his boyfriend.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 4:18 PM
I ignore them. LOL I never have Sims strike up a relationship with the grand vampires or anything.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#14 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 4:56 PM
I'm not fond of Sim vampires, myself. Mostly it's the immortality issue (my game isn't static, so unaging Sims tend to bore me), but they also don't seem to add anything to the game unless you want a lot of immortal Sims.

I made an exception in my prosperity 'hood when, due to a glitch in a founding family's first outing downtown, a toddler from another family was included in the group and she met the grand vamp. In that needy way that NPCs who know only one playable Sim have, he started stalker-calling her home asking to speak with her. So, I allowed them to become friends and let him turn her when she become an adult. She now lives Downtown and operates one of the game's cemeteries as well as a seedy vampire bar.

Unfortunately, it appears that allowing the grand vamp one taste of human blood sets him on a rampage, so he has since turned half a dozen NPCs and a few playables. Most of the playables take Vamprocillin-D and I pretend it never happened, but I allowed one good witch to stay a vamp because I enjoy the challenge of keeping her alive. Due to lack of space, her coffin is outdoors, and so is the family's cat's toy, which apparently gives off a bell sound loud enough to wake the dead. She is constantly waking up midday, at which point I have to get her into the secret room that contains her needs-replenishing witch's throne.

I would never use cheats to keep a vampire's motives elevated because the game of keeping them alive is really the only interesting twist they offer me.
Theorist
#15 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Unfortunately, it appears that allowing the grand vamp one taste of human blood sets him on a rampage, so he has since turned half a dozen NPCs and a few playables.

I noticed that, too, so my vampires do not bite. It's so bad, especially when they bite NPCs, the game creates more of them, at least that was my case. Once the vampire bit the gypsy, and when I tried to call the gypsy later, another gypsy came

I want to ask, can some hack help the NPC problem? There is one here, the no-turning hack that prevents NPCs to become vampires, but I'm not sure if it saves them so well that the bite doesn't register at all and no new NPC gets created.

Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
I have to get her into the secret room that contains her needs-replenishing witch's throne.

I heard about thrones but never seen one, no thrones for my witches... Where do you get them?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 4:00 PM
One question about vampire sims, do their needs go there when there is sun outside even tho they are inside a house with no windows?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 4:01 PM
i believe there is biting control mod out there, from DJS sims: http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16

in Soviet Russia, the sims mod YOU.
Oh, I went there.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 4:03 PM
You have to study the craft and them make them in the cauldron under make craftables. They are fairly smashing by the way so I would give them a try, Despite my disinterest in vampires and other supernaturals I love the witches just wish they could wear normal clothing I hate that stupid hat.
Inventor
#19 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imeem
One question about vampire sims, do their needs go there when there is sun outside even tho they are inside a house with no windows?

During the day, if they are awake at all, even with no windows their needs will decay pretty quickly but not quite as bad as if they were outdoors.

However, there is an interesting twist to that. The needs only decay if their queue is empty. So, if you wanted to keep your vamp up in the daylight hours without decay, stick them on a skill object before daylight and as long as they are not interrupted, no motive decay.

Incidentally, for the other things brought up here, there are mods that will keep your vampire in the coffin all day, even after their energy bar is fully restored and other mods that will keep the Grand Vamp from biting everyone in town.

For the witches, I make them change into normal clothes as soon as they turn. I don't know if that is a mod I have that allows that or if it's default behavior? It's just always been like that and since the first thing I always did upon installing a new EP is to grab the director's cut at MATY, it's possible that there's a mod in there that makes that possible and I just don't remember.

kittens!
transmogrified
retired moderator
#20 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
I heard about thrones but never seen one, no thrones for my witches... Where do you get them?

As simsamu said, it's a craftable. The catch is that only an absolutely evil or absolutely good witch can craft them. (I forget the titles, because I try to ignore them. It's the green fume/sparkly glow state.) I only have one of each type maxed in my neighborhood, so the few thrones my witches have were given as gifts.

Random onVamp: Bleh!
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 5:55 PM
I hate, HATE Sim vampires. They're creepy and ugly and this stupid hideous one tried to turn one of my favorite teen girls while she was out shopping. I just ignore them because I agree, they don't add anything to the game. Witches, on the other hand -- witches are awesome :D
Scholar
#22 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 6:01 PM
I kind of like them and the challenge of keeping them alive. But if you don't make it a challenge by making them stay inside all day then they are BORING.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Theorist
#23 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 7:38 PM
Great, I'll try to make the throne! None of my witches got played enough to have maxed out her skill yet.

Quote: Originally posted by simsamu
I love the witches just wish they could wear normal clothing I hate that stupid hat.

They can, just use the wardrobe and the mirror to change their clothes and hair!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Great, I'll try to make the throne! None of my witches got played enough to have maxed out her skill yet.

They can, just use the wardrobe and the mirror to change their clothes and hair!

Thanks for the info, mine automatically change back into the hat and dress, perhaps my game is a little glitched.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#25 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 11:52 PM
simsamu, witches automatically switch into their witchy garments when their status changes. So if a witch is studying the path of light and moves from being a nice witch to a good witch, *bam* witch hat and clothes. And if s/he casts enough neutral or evil spells to downgrade back to nice, *bam* again. It's annoying and there's probably a mod to suppress it.
Page 1 of 2