Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 12:22 PM
Default Custom clothes not showing in Sims wardrobes after purchase
After I purchase clothes for my sims I go to the wardrobe to plan outfit and the clothes are not there. I have made sure I click on the shopping cart to put them in and the check mark to purchase when checking out. When I go back into the purchase clothing screen the items that I have chosen have the little wardrobe icon like they are purchased but they don't show up when I try to change my simmies clothes. Any ideas?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 8:05 PM
Are you sure you're looking at the right life stage? Adult clothes won't show up for teens.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 9:32 PM
It's also possible that you are looking in the wrong section. I've done it so many times. Something nice I download as an outwear is only marked for casual or something like that.

Sims 2 Rotation Blog Pleasantview Sucks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 12:11 AM
Yep, I'm sure. For instance mom sitting at the computer clothes shopping online will order clothes for entiire family, child male and female, teen female, toddler, and adult male and female. Child female goes to plan wardrobe and outfits are not showing up.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 1:17 AM
Have you:

1. Made sure you've taken out all hacks that might affect the purchasing of clothing and/or shopping? If you're shopping by computer, you're doing it with a hack, right? That means that a hack conflict sounds likely.

2. Made sure that your CC is enabled?

3. Checked to see if that's a problem on community lots as well as using the computer? That might give you an idea of whether it's the computer shopping or a larger shopping problem.

If all else fails, I'd suggest removing whatever shopping hack you're using and try a different one, like the Shop-At-Home clothes hanger or MATY's clothing tool. (Also, it's a pain to do, but splitting your CC to check if a piece of CC is a problem should work if all else fails, if it is indeed a CC/hack problem.)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 3:38 PM
Default Up !
I know this is an old thread, but I have the same problem and I don't find the solution anywhere (also this thread is the only result I get that looks exactly like my own issue in all Google results I had).

I have only base game installed, I deleted all my Download folder so no CC (except some paintings recolors I did myself since), no hack, or anything else like that. So I go to the shopping lot, buy clothes, come back home, look at the wardrobes but the new clothes aren't there. I mean, nothing at all (except sometimes, one appears, like 1% of what I buy appears... and no idea why this one appears and not the others, they are all Maxis and base game !)

Does anyone even got that issue ? I don't even remember having this problem before... weird.

N.B. : sorry for the bad english... I'm french.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 4:08 PM
This sounds very strange.

Have you tried following all of the steps here:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...lp:Game_Problem

If you go through all of those slowly you should find the cause of the problem. If not, it's probably best to post on the help section here.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 3:23 PM
After trying a lot of things, it appears that the problem came from the installation. What happened was that I uninstalled all the Ep's but got the base game left. It seems that the problem was that. So I copied my neighborhood folder somewhere else, I uninstalled everything, reinstalled the base game, and pasted my neighborhood. First at home my bought clothes were still unavailable in the wardrobe, but then I simply bought another one on a community lot and everything is ok since.

Maybe this can help someone one day !

Thank you anyway