Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 9:01 AM
Default Do you have witches?
If so do you use their spells?

I find myself using Magivestigium (teleport) the most and Folium Deletus (burn leaves) some times. I used to always use Creatum Insecto Volucris (buttflies or fireflies) and Beautificus Locus (clean the place). Seems a silly waste to have so many spells I do not use. Wish I could think of reasons to.

Which spells do you use?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 9:57 AM
I have witches, and use several of the spells. However, I'm not good at remembering to make or buy the necessary reagents, so they tend to limit themselves to easy spells like Aqua Deletus (remove water) or Melliferum Attackum (make a swarm of bees chase a Sim). Only one of my Sims is good enough to use Magivestum (teleport) so far.
Theorist
#3 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 10:13 AM
One of my witches kept using a spell on her daughter to send her to work in best mood. I can't remember the spell title now, but she got promotions easily that way, without being platinum. It filled almost all bars, except either energy or hygiene. That was long ago.

I use teleportation a lot, too. The next most useful spell is tempus interraptus. Combined with the witch throne it's a killer method of skilling and getting promotions.

Also the spell that summons a ghost to clean the house. The spell that summons a cat. The spell that summons food. The one that cures cold (although it tends to fail). I tried the one that saves another sim from death, but never managed to make it work.

From bad spells:

The one that summons a ghost to attack another sim. Tabula rasa. The one that makes sims stop being in love. Vivicus Zombie.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 11:51 AM
I don't use witches in the "normal" way - in my game it's impossible for almost all sims to become witches, with the exception of female alien-skinned sims, who always become witches (using a cheat) when they become teens. I don't really use the spells much, but I would like to start doing so. My witches never seem to roll wants to cast spells or skill at witchcraft - do these wants actually exist?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 12:47 PM
I looooove witches. I use the benemoodus populaus/simae spells most, but I do also enjoy a good bee attack. I also had one witch who enjoyed stopping time. She was on vacation at the time, so I took it as her wanting the trip to last longer.
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 1:34 PM
I've yet to explore the witch aspect for my sims. I briefly had an evil warlock in my hood who turned TroyGo into a fat slob after Troy hit on his wife but I deleted that hood not long after. I've had 15 (!!!) of the witches both good & bad appear on a comm lot at once, but I'm pretty sure that was due to a buggy mod. I thought it was hiliarious (if annoying due to the lag) because they all started fighting with each other & casting spells on townies...
Scholar
#7 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 1:37 PM Last edited by ieta_cassiopeia : 8th Aug 2013 at 1:41 PM. Reason: Responding to laurentje
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
One of my witches kept using a spell on her daughter to send her to work in best mood. I can't remember the spell title now, but she got promotions easily that way, without being platinum. It filled almost all bars, except either energy or hygiene. That was long ago.

That one is Benemodus Simae. Very useful, when I remember to do the reagents for it

laurentje, I've never seen a witch want to skill in the art or want to cast a specific spell, but sometimes they do have a generic want to "cast a spell" (in which case any spell, on any target, will do).
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 1:44 PM
The only particular spell want I've ever seen is a wish to cast Tempus Interuptus. I wonder if they ever do want to cast others?
Theorist
#9 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 2:03 PM
I actually ban witches from all of my home and community lots. Just not a fan of playing or interacting with them, werewolves, vampires or zombies.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
#10 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 3:48 PM
I really like the witches and how many spells there are. Except the only witch (or warlock, rather) I've really played with is Alexander Goth. I find some of the spells cool, I just need to explore with them more. But one of my teenagers wants to become a witch, so I'm trying to find her a witch to befriend.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 5:43 PM Last edited by Nysha : 10th Aug 2013 at 1:06 AM. Reason: Typoinus begoneous
I have one warlock in my current 'hood, and I've decided that it's heritable - so far one of his three kids is (destined to be) a warlock. Sadly, though, I don't get to use the spells much, because his family is so poor that every moment he's not at work is spent tending his wife's shop. I had forgotten about tempus interruptus, though... maybe I'll use that to get him more time to make reagents and stuff, and do a whole dark storyline about him getting totally lost in his little frozen world.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 6:06 PM
yes I have one family that have witches. It started with one CAS female who wanted to become a witch---so I did---it took a long time--I wanted to make a good witch---but was having a heck of a time trying to meet her---so went with evil. Then spent hrs learning good spells so she would turn good. Since that first witch one or two of her descendants receive the gift of magic when they turn into teens. they don't practice until after they graduate from collage though.

I think have done almost every good spell--delete water, delete leaves, delete fire, summon magical cat, create meals, corpus athleticus, and more. once my young warlock was on his honeymoon and his new bride (a mortal) got pregnant--even though she wasn't showing the baby bump yet--her needs, especially energy started to decline faster than normal. so while she would sleep he would cast " well mood" spell it helped them get through the vaca, and when they returned home she started her pregnancy without a glitch. baby girl who is now in collage.

create magical helper spell is so helpful for a young working mother witch. a cloned version of yourself--just going around the house cleaning and getting stuff done for you while you play and enjoy time with your kids--sweet.

also make all the magical items--the magical chair is the greatest. love the lights too.

my witches study magic a lot during their spare time--so none of my spells have failed and they usually have tons of reagents ready on hand. By the time they are elders---are at the top of the magical spectrum.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 7:20 PM
I have a mod that removes the need for reagents to cast spells. That part really bothered me because making reagents seems to take ages and in most stories witchcraft comes from a sort of power that you possess, not just mixing stuff in a bowl.

Other than that I barely play Supernaturals, but witches usually intrigue me.
Maybe I'll implement a rule like....if a Sim happens to have 10 nice points they can become a good witch, if they happen to have 0 nice points they can be an evil witch. At 5 they would be a neutral witch.
That way I will have witches once in a blue moon and it will be more exciting to play them.

Newbies please click here for information on "Hood Corruption" and here if you are looking for certain objects or mods. You're welcome!

Every time you delete a tombstone a kitten is being taken to Hell. Think of the kittens.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 8:02 PM
Yeah, I use a 'no stupid reagents' mod too. I just cannot be bothered with all that, I just want my sims to point and presto.
Instructor
#15 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 9:07 PM
I play Witches all the time! I try to use all of the spells, including the one that deletes all memories. (I've only used it once so far, granted, but still!) I also use the "no stupid reagents" because.. it's annoying. I still make the reagents to use as decoration though! I try to give them their own witch room that 50% of the time is only accessible through teleportation.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 9:19 PM Last edited by maxon : 9th Aug 2013 at 12:02 AM.
I planned - ages ago - to have a coven of witches in Little Carping. Then the great game slowdown came and I'm only playing about once a month now. The coven, which is still mostly at university, won't come into its own for quite some time I think. Might not make it pre-TS4.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#17 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 10:17 PM
I would like to introduce witches into my neighbourhood, haven't really tried that. By the sound of things, there seems to lots of witche spells. How many are there?
Scholar
#18 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 10:36 PM Last edited by ieta_cassiopeia : 8th Aug 2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Finishing the first sentence so it makes sense.
Quote: Originally posted by NewSimgirl2011
I would like to introduce witches into my neighbourhood, haven't really tried that. By the sound of things, there seems to lots of witche spells. How many are there?

If you have no mods to increase the number of spells, there are 33 spells in total: 10 good spells, 13 neutral spells and 10 evil spells. A few of them require Seasons because they affect things like weather, and one requires Pets because it involves summoning a feline assistant. Sims 2 Wikia lists all the spells, their effects, and how many/what reagents you need (assuming you haven't removed the requirement for reagents).
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 12:24 AM
I have none right now, but I do use witches a lot. I use the "no stupid regents" mod though because otherwise I wouldnt waste my time on witches. So most of my regents that I make I just sell in "underground witch shops". I tend to use the good or neutral spells more, benemoodus populus especially. I cant justify using many of the evil spells honestly. I had one witch where I accidentally had her delete her husband's memories three or four times though.
Theorist
#20 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 1:45 AM
Yeah I also have limitations like some people here.

Among normal sims there are only two witches in the Uberhood (Cordial sisters), and it's inheritable only to females by flipping a coin. 50\50

Among faery sims (Summerdreams specifically) all sims are witches, both female and male. I also give all of them custom wings. Then I look at their children's ears: if a child has pointy ears, it's a witch or warlock. If not, well, too bad.

Currently one of Cordial sisters mixed with Oberon Summerdream to make kids, so the witch population is growing.

Oh and witches are forbidden in the Uberhood, so all of them have to live in rebuilt Magic Town from TS1.

One annoying thing about witches is that I've never found a mod to raise their witch skill. In my opinion it takes far too long.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 8:35 AM
Olive Specter is an evil witch (and a vampire). She used a spell to set her latest husband on fire and get all the cash. I also like the summon simmae spell or something like that. Pretty useful when you can't be bothered with calling and waiting for them to come over. Other than that she hasn't used that many spells. Summoned the cat a few times, cleaned up water, made a sim vomit, made General Buzz think he's a chicken.

I still let spells use reagents, though. It feels like cheating to remove that part. I'm more bothered by the huge decrease in comfort when a spell is being cast. I thought I had seen a hack that removed that, but I can't find it anywhere, so perhaps I was wrong.

Also, Olive had the option to create a potion of dog tails or something like that. According to the description, it's supposed to make a sim meaner, but I never get the option to drink it, whether it's in the inventory or placed on a surface. Does anybody happen to know anything about that?
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 9:26 AM
Several sims are but I use them at a point where the skin won't change and have a power in theory of one who has had there skin change and aura around them.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#23 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 2:28 PM
Soapsim, have you tried having her influence someone to drink it?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#24 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Soapsim1
Also, Olive had the option to create a potion of dog tails or something like that. According to the description, it's supposed to make a sim meaner, but I never get the option to drink it, whether it's in the inventory or placed on a surface. Does anybody happen to know anything about that?

If Olive already has 0 nice points (which wouldn't surprise me, if murder and other acts of evil spellcasting are in-character for her ), then the potion wouldn't do anything for her. It should be drinkable by someone else if they are selected.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 8:19 PM
Yes, I have a witch and a warlock in my Pleasantview. Tara Kat is a good witch and Chester Gieke is a neutral warlock. He started out as an evil warlock, but I don't care much for the evil spells. I especially hate the spell that makes roaches appear. This may sound silly, but even pixel roaches make my skin crawl. lol
Page 1 of 2