Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 1:18 PM
Default Mrs.Crumple Bottom why are you so mean?
Who is this wench and why is she so mean?!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 1:34 PM
A typical/rather stereotypical "old annoying lady" that EA thought would fit greatly in any Downtown city...exaggerated all about her. She is also the only elder with a different "body" than any other female elder.
I made her outfit available for my game, and give it to some old ladies I have, so they look tiny and cute. Otherwise, I do not have Miss CrumpleSmurf in my game, I think she only spawn in Downtown? And it's been years since I created one. I never was mean to her..otherwise.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 1:49 PM
Because she's drawn that way. Interfering with her (except banning with the Visitor Controller) risks tearing the fabric of space and time and destroying your entire game, so beware! She is drawn to lots with bars, swimming pools, hot tubs, and poker tables, but fortunately is mystically restricted to downtown.

In Drama Acres, she is not one woman, but many: The Crumplebottom Brigade, an extremist anti-swimsuit, anti-woohoo organization. The Crumplebottom outfit is a disguise.

In Widespot, she is a mysterious figure, apparently schizophrenic. She has no known address, but roams downtown assaulting lovers and swimmers between bouts of hard tippling and stealing food. She is tolerated by business owners because, whereas she has been known to put staff and police who attempt to apprehend her in the hospital with her deadly purse, places where she disrupts business receive large anonymous money transfers within 24 hours of the offense. This is how most of the bars stay open without a cover charge.

In my Strangetown, she is never seen because they're too far from anywhere to have a downtown.

She is a holdover from Sims1, where she was introduced in the Hot Date expansion. She used to berate lovers there, too, and also hop, fully clothed, into hot tubs.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 2:07 PM
I like her. It's goofy and random, and I enjoy that. Deep down inside I share some of her characteristics and opinions, so it's like seeing an extreme fully-unleashed version of my inner self roaming the streets smacking people who behave inappropriately.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CulMiku
No! She's not mean, just badly misunderstood! Really she has the best interests of your Sims at heart. See my previous post about her here.

Teach your Sims to resist the desires of the flesh and they'll have no trouble with her! Your young Sims should listen to their elders and betters. No wonder she's turned to drink!

(For their really important dates my Veronaville Sims go to the local clubs and restaurants rather than going downtown.)
#6 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 4:26 PM
Hell I would appreciate it if she would actually show up on my downtown lots for starters. No matter how many times I've reinstalled it seems that with a full game the likely hood of her appearing has been reduced greatly, though in a game with just up to NL she's always in the top 5 sims to appear when arriving. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise since I'm the type of character teller who would let my sims retaliate, consequences to hood be damned.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#8 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 8:43 PM Last edited by Simonut : 26th Apr 2014 at 4:41 AM. Reason: Typo
Crumplebottom >> The old hag, who act like a witch, the "No non-sense" kind of Sims. Bless her poor lonely heart, she's been "Senile" since the fatal death of her husband.
I laugh when I think of who in the world is brave enough to marry her, maybe in her youth she was pretty. I have said this before and I will say it again Crumplebottom is an "Alcoholic and Gambler."

You can always find her in the clubs or drinking places at the bar drinking and drunk talking to herself, or at the card table gambling.
If your Sims have a date that is the best time to makeout without her being nosey and hitting you with her deadly weapon the bag.
I like the old hag ( C ) she add much drama to the game she seem to like Family Sims, but if she see a Family Sims cheaping and not with his or her wife or husband watch out !

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 9:54 PM Last edited by sims 1 : 25th Apr 2014 at 10:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CulMiku

The sims 1 hot date story goes miss crumplebottom lost her famous Simcity puppet master husband and she is vary mature and roams the streets of simcity in disgust with life and modern society due to sadness of the loss of her husband who is gladly remembered in the downtown hot date monument park called crumplebottom memorial park I actually read the story left behind by maxis in the description of the Crumplebottom memorial park and the description in the sims hot date booklet. it talks about miss crumplebottom is a mature and depressed widow. image being old and you were married to someone you love for lets say 80 years and then they die how would you feel about young love affairs when you may die of old age alone vary soon plus elder women are grumpy sometimes naturally my grandma always makes jokes about her moody days also.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
, consequences to hood be damned.

Its not just one hood that gets corrupted if she is, the whole installation file gets corrupted if she gets corrupted. One has to completely re-install the game to fix the corruption to the objects.package if she is interacted with in a way other than designed. (One should make the objects.package read only, but its still a good idea not to mess with her.)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

In my Strangetown, she is never seen because they're too far from anywhere to have a downtown.

so do your sims work or do you just give them money because you can make a new desert downtown of your own custom design try it Peni get your creative juices flowing. or pretend your making a secret government society in sim area 51 or something almost unlimited options in sims 2 and 3.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 10:48 PM
(Pats Sims 1 on the head.) Teach your grandma to suck eggs, dear. My creative juices flow just fine. I've lived in towns like that and I know roughly how they operate. The local industries are ranching (most townies are ranchers and gussied up to suit), the military (which includes a large R&D science arm and a research hospital; scientists and people in the medical track have military ranks), and La Fiesta Tech. Oh, and crime, but we don't talk about that. There's one restaurant - and there will be only one till Trisha Traveller tops out the one and only culinary career track allowed. I have an informal "this fits" approach to which jobs are available and under which conditions new ones will become available. Anyone can start an OFB business.

Strangetown currently is the closest thing to a downtown in that area.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 10:52 PM
Nah. My Mrs. Crumplebottom isn't mean to my Sims.

I don't put Downtowns in my game anymore.
I ban her derriere from every community lot ... and let the Blender keep her banned off any other lot as well. Even residential. I'm not taking any chances.
I never, never use the wishing well. If she and the social worker have any chance of coming out of it ... no thanks.

So she is HOPEFULLY holed up in some secret Maxis hideout, all comfy-cozy where she can knit to her heart's content, fingers (mine) crossed. Fingers crossed on both hands. Crossing my toes as well. I have no interest in seeing her anywhere near my lots. Sorry, Mrs. C. Nothing personal. You're just potential arsenic to my game.

Really. I do a great enough job of messing up my hoods. I don't need further help messing up anything.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 11:18 PM
I hardly ever see her.

When I once in a blue moon actually let my sims visit a community lot or Downtown (which is even rarer), she may or may not be there, knitting, looking pissed off, and occasionally hitting one of my sims over the head with her handbag. I've not seen her for quite a while, though. I don't think I've used community lots since 2008-09...

She's not a sim, but an object NPC, so don't mess with her. Object NPCs are bad for the game if you mess with them.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 11:59 PM
I couldn't help but giggle reading your post, sims 1. Telling a professional writer to get their creative juices flowing is kind of hilarious I think she's got plenty of juice. I know you think you're a sim expert, but I think Peni has you beat. I think she has all of us beat, really, in terms of creative playing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 12:02 AM
I find her amusing except for the time I tried playing a downtown business. Then she was a pain as every time my sim tried to take a bath or a shower in his own private rooms upstairs, behind a locked door even, she would get in their queue to be hit. I understand her being in their face if they are doing public whoohoo or something, but taking a bath in your own bathroom behind a locked door?

As Simmer22 said, do not do anything to her, including making her selectable. She is an object not a sim.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I couldn't help but giggle reading your post, sims 1. Telling a professional writer to get their creative juices flowing is kind of hilarious I think she's got plenty of juice. I know you think you're a sim expert, but I think Peni has you beat. I think she has all of us beat, really, in terms of creative playing.

lol yea she does i'll admit
Mad Poster
#18 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 1:22 AM
How can I beat anybody? It's not a competitive game. If it were, I wouldn't play it.

And I think there's plenty of people here who play at least as creatively I do. And I've learned from them - especially Aegagropilon, who is a virtuouso at noticing and interpreting free-ranging sims! Someone else's creativity may be focused on different areas, but creation of comprehensive rule sets, or hacks, or custom content, or gorgeous buildings, or quirky sims - it's all creativity. And there's no good yardstick to measure it by.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 1:46 AM
It's a figure of speach, I didn't mean it literally We all play in whatever way amuses us, and that varies greatly and thus can't be compared. All I meant was that out of all people here, you're possibly the last person I'd say needs more creative juices.
Instructor
#20 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 6:03 AM
I like Mrs. Crumplebottom, it's fun when she lectures my sims.

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 9:55 AM
She's so annoying! Always comes and disturbs my sims, who happens to be on a date.
Alchemist
#22 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 10:15 AM
Remember: Miss Crumplebottom loves to play poker and to bowl, so if you visit a place with one of those activities she will be quite busy having a good time.

And am I the only one who loves her? She is like Mr. Burns only female and with no Smithers.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 11:04 AM
In my current game, I have her not only fully playable (this is a clean, regenerated neighborhood, with characters cloned from DNA-in case you're wondering..) but still alive in her glory. Has 2 more days of life.

She's got a son, Benjamin... He doesn't really understand her, but he tries. Yes, she is a very mean and vengeful person, who feels she's been robbed of all the joy in her life, and she's not well liked in town. Goes around picking fights with everyone. She likes to play chess, as well.

Misunderstood is the word for her.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 12:54 PM
she lectures you if you have children but if you create a sim to go meet people she comes along and ruins it i hate her
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 18th May 2014 at 3:44 PM
lol my mrs Crumplebottom is a bit sweet n sour. She married townie Calvin Taylor who she insisted of course keeping her last name (or she'd declare Armageddon and break my game.
She and Calvin live a sweet and sour life in their large ground floor apartment of the Julien Apartments (owned by Mayor Julien Cooke of course). Some times she yells and lectures Calvin and sometimes she kisses her first kiss with him and falls in love all over again. She really wants a baby.....at her age so she gets what she wants - of course. ...Simcam hacked baby Calvin Jr Crumplebottom is born..... and she is sooo sweet with her baby...But Calvin sr is tired of the lecturing - she always is sweet for 2 seconds (then the hack wears off) and she turns sour again screaming at Calvin - always leaving him with the baby to go scream and lecture other people. lol ....He finally had enough- one day he brought a friend home from work- Jill Toyonaga ...eventhough they all three ate mrs crumplebottoms awkwardly made dinner together in peace and quiet (have you ever had mrs Crumple make food---awkward...lol) Calvin managed to sneek a kiss from Jill when he thought Crumple wasn't looking.......Of course that was the end- Crumple jumped Jill but got beat and Crumple kicked Calvin out and now they are headed to divorce court. lol
Page 1 of 3