Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 12:38 PM
Default What did you do with the Newsons?
The Newsons come with AL, and come premade without any living parents (only the mother Gloria was mentioned in Ginger's bio but according to Sims Wikia she isn't eligible for her own article/infobox)

So basically they are living on their own at the start of the game and I'd like to know what you've done to them, did you send Gavin and Ginger to college or did you find some parents?

--
I moved them into an apartment and made the young ones see Gavin and Ginger as the parent figures, especially to Garrett and Georgia, as they are probably too young to remember Gloria, and recognise Gavin and Ginger as their parents instead.
Gallagher and Gabriella both kinda misbehave in my game, so I find them like a normal family but with teens instead of adults.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 3:00 PM
I have played them before as a no parent family, but in my current game the teens went off to college, leaving the children in the family bin. I planned on moving them in with a foster family for a few years while their older siblings go through college, but so far I just can't find a family that wants 4 foster children - so I'm just going to wait for Gavin an Ginger to grow up, and then raise them as adult-siblings.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 3:31 PM
I have three Newson iterations.

The Drama Acres Newsons had a really hard time because I was new at the game. It's a toss-up whether the Newsons or the Ottomai are the bigger challenge during that first week of play! (The Newsons get exponentially easier once that first week is over, though.) They used a nanny, who traumatized them for life; Gavin tried and failed to hold a job, Ginger got straight Fs and went around the neighborhood attacking people - things didn't start looking up till Gabriella started bringing home Harris Hawkins. I sent Gavin to college at the last possible moment and Ginger stayed home to finish raising the others. She got a job and married Cooper Hawkins, at which point things finally fell into place.Ginger remained high-strung, but disaster stopped looming around every corner. The formerly isolated farmhouse where they grew up is now the heart of Newsons' Corners, as they returned from college, married, and started their own families. Ginger's second child just got married and she has one grandchild. Georgia, who put off starting a family till she was permaplat from becoming a game designer, is finally pregnant. Gavin lives across the street. His two youngest girls are teens and his oldest is in college. Gabriella married Harris and lives the furthest from Newsons' Corners (down the street near Hawkins Prime); she has one adopted daughter and two born sons, and writes books on diverse subjects. Gallagher has five kids, the oldest in college and the youngest about to turn child, and Garret's wife is working on six as he works his way up to Space Pirate: #4 just turned toddler.

In Strangetown, the Newsons - claiming that their adopted parents died in the line of duty in war-torn Simlakistan - are squatting in an abandoned barracks. Gavin and Ginger alternated who went to school and managed, just barely, not to dip below a D. Because I knew about helping with homework, using community lots for fun, and developing networks of friends to help out, this iteration had an easier time than the first and no one's been in aspiration failure, but those first few days were still very hard! I sent Ginger to LFT when Gabriella and Gallagher aged to teen; she is now engaged to Stella Terrano. Jobs are scarce in Strangetown, but Gavin has a garden, does odd jobs for other people (invite him over, influence him to do gardening, give him something from inventory that he can use or sell for cash), and occasionally busks at 88. He's going steady with Jill Smith. Gallagher and Gabriella are part of the Strangetown "in" crowd, hanging out with Buck Grunt, Isaiah Gavigan, Tina Traveller, and Sharla Ottomas. They hang at the pool a lot and are sorting themselves into couples. Garrett and Georgia are still in elementary school but are more comfortable around teens.

In Widespot, I moved them in with the Goodies, who take good care of them. It was still pretty hard, though, just because there's so many of them and Faith and Herb couldn't teach them all to study at once. They have a yard full of play equipment, a cat, plenty of books, a drumkit and violin, chess game, books, and a reasonable array of toys; all the same, Gavin was stressed and resentful for about a week. He tried working for the Travellers at their bookstore/beauty salon/ice cream parlor, but he couldn't cut it and quit after a day. However, he's been in pretty good shape since he started dating Sadie Wilkie, cashier extraordinaire. Ginger is going steady with River Land. They both look forward to going to ALT soon. Gallagher and Gabriella are having a little trouble finding compatible teens to date, but Georgia is The Popular Girl, with a number of friends. Since I play Widespot more regularly than Strangetown, the twins are teens already here. Money is getting low and there's some question how they will manage if the Goodies die before Gavin or Ginger gets home from college, but I'm not worried about them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#4 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 4:27 PM
I don't play with premade binned sims
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 4:40 PM
I've just started playing them in my custom neighborhood. I had Gavin and Ginger drop out of school through Inge's Flexi School to take care of the younger bunch. Ginger got a job first in Entertainment, then in music. My goal is to make Ginger a rock star. They live in a townhouse complex I created. These townhouses are expensive, but they have 3 bedrooms and 3 baths: just enough room for larger families. I haven't decided who which Newson child will be paired with yet, though.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
In Widespot, I moved them in with the Goodies

I can't believe I've never thought of that I'm always stuck on what to do with the Newsons and Goodies.
In my current game the Goodies were aged down into their late teens, where they then married young and then Faith went to college - because other than adopting a few children and pets, I've never known what to do with them!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 5:20 PM
Mine live in the House of Fallen Trees (I cheated them enough money to buy it, but barely any more, pretending they found it abandoned - the electricity and water must be on some kind of pay meter). They're in hiding from social services because they don't want to be split up. None of the children go to school, and so they are pretty feral - they spend their days fighting and playing in and around the old place. Gavin blocked up the cellar, so the younger ones wouldn't be scared by the creepy coffins.

I also decided that this is the reason they all have "G" names, with "Gloria" being an alias too. Too risky to use their real names, and matching seems like an idea that might appeal to kids. "Newson" they got from the fact they were in the news for a while. Eventually of course the risk will die down as people forget the "runaway six" as they were popularly referred to. But they never, ever go out all together, only in smaller groups. The kids usually wear face paint to disguise their looks, and they've all dyed their hair, with Gavin growing a beard and Ginger adopting a "goth" look to disguise herself even more.

Of course, they still need money to live and survive. They could catch fish in the pond out back, but nobody has a fishing rod or knows how to cook fish safely anyway. They don't know a thing about gardening, either, so when they planted some seeds in the winter they got discouraged and gave up. Gavin regularly goes out to play poker, although Ginger is better at reading other players, he's better at hiding his nerves. There was a dusty old piano in the house and Gabriella has become quite the maestro, so hopefully she will earn them some money busking. Ginger is thinking of approaching the local gangs to see if they need a runner. They're pretty fun to play! They'll probably all end up in quite "alternative" paths due to missing so much school.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#8 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 5:23 PM
In Patience Island they muddled through living in a three bedroomed bungalow which wasn't really big enough for them. Ginger went to college, but Gavin stayed home to look after the others, and adopted his first child, Melissa. Gavin then married Kali Ibori, and the two of them continued adopting before having biological kids of their own. As a teen, Ginger went steady with Jason James, a third gen game-born sim. He graduated Sim State two years ahead of her, inherited his grandmother's house, sold it so he could afford a bigger house - big enough for him and Ginger, and all their eventual kids, and all the other Newsons. Then he hitchhiked all the way to Sim State (He'd sold his car to afford the house) to tell her what he'd done, and ask her to marry her. She said yes, and the Newsons' fortunes improved from their. Gavin and Kali now have six adopted children (Melissa, Avis, Alejandro, Riza, Adam and Grace) and four bio kids (Gabe, Gideon, Geoff and baby Gavrielle "Gavi"). Melissa has also recently provided them with their first grandchild, Kobe. Ginger and Jason have three kids (Shiloh, Taylor and Kieran). Gallagher is married to Honor Newson (one of Jason's many cousins), whom he got pregnant on their first ever woohoo not long after they'd started Sim State. They now have five kids (Frankie, Finn, Freya, Forrest and Felicity). Gabriella is cohabiting with Isaiah Gavigan, and they have toddler quads: Natalie, Belle, Georgie and Marius. Garrett and Georgia are about to graduate; Garrett is engaged to Zoey James (another of Jason's cousins), and Georgia is almost, sort of, kind of, seeing Joshua Tomlin (you guessed it, another of Jason's cousins).

In Widespot, the Newsons pitched their tent alongside Widespot's cashier, Sadie Wilkie. Slowly, the seven of them have built up the semblance of a house - three bedrooms (a boys' room, a girls' room, and one that Sadie and Scot will occupy once he moves in), two primitive bathrooms, and an open plan living area upstairs. Ginger is on the brink of college, but Gavin is younger in this iteration, and still fairly childish. Ginger is dateless, and quite possibly hankering after a gay boy who's quite a lot younger than her.

And I'm seriously considering having the Ottomai foster the Newsons in my new 'hood, Sand Simoleon Point... I'm just not sure if I'm brave enough for an elder, two adults, three teens, three kids, three toddlers and two babies...

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 8:49 PM
I have the Newsons in two neighbourhoods, and those are two completely different experiences.

I first played them in Strangetown, without a nanny, and it was quite horrible by my standards (I try to keep my little pixels happy :lovestruc ). Ginger and Gavin cried everyday because of poor grades, the game got confused with who was the guardian and Ginger couldn't go to school even if Gavin was at home (I know I have other responsibilities...).
They had a hard time keeping their motives high enough and therefore didn't spend that much time bonding, Gavin refused to help the younger ones with homework, and had frequent angry fits, Ginger was usually too tired.
It was really depressing because I'm a big softie like that and it hurts to see them cry even though they don't exist
But now that everyone goes to school it's getting better.

And recently I played them in Riverblossom Hills, and it was a piece of cake! Everyone was so nice and caring, the twins hug each other regularly, everyone plays, dances together and they're just such a happy bunch it's contagious. Go figure!
I think hiring a nanny helped a lot. The nanny was useless of course but at least everyone could go to school and well, what little cleaning the nanny did around the house still helped a lot. As did all the gifts from generous neighbours, an alternative to moving them in with someone. I think Riverblossom Hills is "that" kind of neighbourhood, everyone read in the local paper about those orphans and how the two teens were fighting the social worker who wanted to separate them, and everyone donated what they could (i.e. my other households gave presents to random Newson kids who would come home from school with the family kid. So, technically, no cheating!)
Now they're broke but they have everything in the house so they should be OK with the random star discovery money and such :p

I can't wait to play them as YA's, they're so adorable.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 9:01 PM
I think one of the best gameplay challenges in AL is playing the Newsons as shipped and being fully successful with them. Doing something similar with other families via both parents dying was always possible in time, the Newsons just give everyone the fast track to doing so.
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I can't believe I've never thought of that I'm always stuck on what to do with the Newsons and Goodies.
That makes two of us then. No longer an option for me though, because as soon as I installed AL I played the Goodies in Belladona Cove first all the way through. They're both now tombstones yet the Newsons are in the bin. I may try to find someone with an actual house in BC to move the Newsons in with, or I may just play them as shipped again.

Only other neighborhood I've played the Newsons in is Pleasantview, where I had a long-abandoned, unfinished house I originally intended for something else. Even though it was unfinished it cost them quite a bit since there were no floors or fixtures or anything.

Therefore; the wide-open ground floor is sparsely and impoverishingly furnished and triples as a kitchen/living area/dormitory. Since there's no good place for a bathroom, a toilet and shower are in separate two-tile alcoves on opposite sides (very important since there's only one of each for all 6), and the phone is placed in the toilet alcove so they're not awaken when it rings while anyone tries to sleep.

Gavin failed at holding onto a dishwasher job as he tried to avoid flunking out of school; Ginger flunked out while trying to grudgingly raise Garrett and Georgia, which she failed at miserably. Gavin and Ginger fight constantly so money was scraped together to finish two small bedrooms on the unfinished second floor. Gallagher and Garrett also fight constantly after Garrett reached child-age and have developed an extreme distaste for each other. Oh, and Gabriella met her untimely fate to avoid having all the children end up in the adoption pool.

Would I try the Newsons without parents again? Absolutely! Would love to find out if/how they could all be successful.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 9:11 PM
I split the family up. The girls lived in one side of a duplex in Pleasantivew, and the boys lived in another. Although they didn't live together, they saw each other on a daily basis. They still had all of their family dinners together and whatnot. It was just a lot easier to handle them separately than together. They're still living in that duplex though...I might play them again.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 9:13 PM
Jaytee, the key to my running the Newsons successfully has been to make friends in the neighborhood! For the first week I played them as highly suspicious of their neighbors and they were failing hard. (Also, bad Nanny. Incredibly bad Nanny!) As soon as Gabriella made that first friend, though, things started getting easier.

Community lots are great. Ginger and Gavin can take turns taking the kids out (even in the middle of the night) to get their fun up enough to do homework. Get them the best beds they can afford, too, so they aren't constantly too tired to do anything. By judicious choice of lots they can get fun, social, free food, energy (from coffee and espresso machines), showers, toilet facilities, and even sometimes money. If you have Freetime, prioritize getting them an activity table, and the kids and toddlers can bond over it and all four can play there at once. Getting Ginger and Gavin playable romantic interests and dating them from the playable's household will get their moods high enough to use influence points on visitors to get help with cleaning and even a certain amount of toddler wrangling. Don't throw out the newspaper - turn it into a paper airplane after they do the crosswords!

They are hard, but they are very rewarding.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 10:40 PM
I had Chester Gieke raise em, cuz all needed was an adult there in daytime & had already played him to
top of Criminal Career, motherloded him to bout 500k gave him this house:
Bluebell Estate found on here.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=501095

Which quite honestly works perfect for number of kids... i think i had to put one more bed in... bout it.

Gavin top Business career & has few lovers all blondes i think, & lives next door to Chester.

Ginger married to Isaiah Gavigan... need to pop out kids yet... megahood keeps me busy.

Gabriella is pop sim & is top entertainment career & lives alone & has few lovers also.

Gallagher is knowledge sim & lives alone & has i think 3 lovers all knowledge sim girls like him.

Garrett is a pop sim & in college yet... need graduate him... he's enjoying it though... i think got 10 lovers.

Georgia is a bisexual romance sim & recently hit 20 woohoos... lives in don lotharios old house
with a redhead money sim girl i grew up with her from childhood(who looks awesome,
like brandi broke face template with skin tone 3 & red hair... gorgeous). added a 3rd floor on
don's house so can have 2 woohoo rooms lol, he's dead now & seems to only scare the redhead.

Chester married Cleo Shiboku & had twins when Garrett & Georgia were teenagers, & other 4 in college.
which worked good cuz both Chester & Cleo are criminal masterminds so had free babysitters.

Anyway, that's what I've done with em so far... need to put em in other megahood yet though,
just need someone with night shift job to raise em pretty much, so all kids can goto school.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 10:59 PM
I have BoilingOil's Kids and Pets Unattended mod, so leaving the young ones at home alone wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would. Well, at least for a dirty cheater that abuses testingcheatsenabled. Since there was no chance I was letting that nanny near any of my Sim kids, I took to taking care of them myself, using cheats to drag their motives up, at least while Gavin and Ginger are at school and at work. Whenever possible I got Gavin and Ginger to at least teach the two toddlers a few of their skills, just so I could nudge their aspiration motives into gold when they grow up. Gabriella and Gallagher Newson weren't too special; as kids, they could only really go to school, though they could paint lots and lots of paintings to get some Simoleons flowing into the family. And speaking of money - while I tried to get the Newsons to earn as much of it on their own, I'd gladly open up the cheat box and hand them some cash if they're on the verge of a repo-man visit.
Instructor
#15 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 12:13 AM
I had usually put them in inexpensive house with many rooms(thanks plasticbox), then used money cheat to buy monique's 'buyable servo', so while the teens are out servo can take care of kids. That made things (slightly)easier.
Scholar
#16 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 1:34 AM
I'm just now getting into playing the premades. I haven't gotten very far with the Newsons, but they are definitely a fun challenge. I wanted at least one of the elder siblings to go to college, but the game wouldn't let me move either one out ("I just can't leave the little ones alone") until I recruited them from the University "pick students" screen instead. It was Gavin, because he just seemed a little brighter and more motivated. Ginger's a little dull and she's now dating one of the other premade sons. I can't remember his name, but it's the slightly trashy-seeming family where Mom is pregnant and Dad has a pornstache. She's dating the teen bro-son with the ball cap. Since they both come from large families, I expect Ginger to skip college and go straight to spawning. Of the other kids, they're mostly doing okay but haven't really made their personalities known to me, except Georgia, who is quite prissy (IIRC she's the one always going around making everyone's beds); and Gabriella, who is attracted to money and gray hair, so I deduce she plans to drop out of high school and find a sugar daddy. She's seen poverty and isn't impressed.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden

Not even to kill them?
Theorist
#18 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 6:30 AM
1) The Newsons in Strangetown all died. Apocalypse isn't going easy on sims... Kids never got to sleep anywhere but floor, as they could only afford one bed. Gavin used it, as the only sim who worked. But that didn't help them.

2) The Newsons in Megahood got to live in Sim City in their own house. I think they should have a house that passed down to them from Gloria, right? Everybody got a teen job eventually and somehow they earned enough money to get buy. It was very crowdy, but nice and friendly over there. They made friends with all neighbors.

Gallagher is the only one who stayed in Gloria's house, after all. As a teen he joined the mafia, because in that career track he could earn more money than in others. Then he sort of got sucked into it and became a mafia member for real once turning adult. He even changed his second name to Avallone, lol, to seem like an Italian. I'm not sure he looks like one, though, but let's say he does. That's how he got to join the Capp mafia, anyway. And because Goneril Capp from Veronaville, who was originally a head of mafia, departed from SimNation to greener pastures (she hated that after her sister's death the heiress was Juliette and not her!), and her ex-husband Albany Capp failed hard at being a mafia leader, Gallagher became a secret mafia leader upon his request. Albany would do whatever he said, and Gallagher would secretly run the mafia. In exchange, the Capps promised Juliette and\or Tybalt to be wed to Gallagher's child. He had twins and they have no chemistry at all with the Capp teens, but oh well, a promise is a promise.

Gavin went to work for a circus and is still on his way to be a ringmaster. He married an African princess, the daughter of the Maximus couple (whom you might know from TS1, too) and moved into their mansion. Well, I haven't finished playing them yet.

Ginger married a farmer who eventually neglected her in favor of skilling for his dream of becoming a farmer TV show star. She left him along with one of their two daughters and moved to Riverblossom Hills into John Burb's house. I guess she really likes farmers.

Gabriella met Pip Snooty Patooty while on her teen job, they fell in love. He had a luxurious mansion and 500.000 left from his parents and she moved in with him. He is on the path of fame, she is still trying to top her career as a props assistant. Nothing much happened with them.

Both Georgia and Garret loved nature and were fond of illegal stuff, just like their brother Gallagher. So they took up poaching. Eventually they moved to the Hatfield house, because Georgia married the eldest Hatfield (the youngest was just too glad to make room, he hated having to farm), and Garret moved in along because he simply could NOT be separated from his twin sister. They opened up Golden Trout market where they sold golden trout officially, but unofficially a lot of poached animals. They earned about 400.000 on the eve of their elder years.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 4:09 PM
In my bin sim 'hood, the Newsons struggled on their own at first but came out okay. Gavin and Ginger are about to become adults; Ginger is dating Alon the paper boy, while Gavin has had a fling with Meadow Thayer but seems more interested in Andrea Hogan - I will have to wait and see how that turns out when he grows up. (There's no college in this 'hood yet.) Gabriella is a knowledge/cheese sim and in love with Sharla Ottomas. She wants to be a Mad Scientist, and if I remember right, so does Sharla. Gallagher is family/romance, wants six grandkids, and is dating a teenified Chloe Gonzaga. Garrett is popularity/knowledge, wants to be an architect, and has bolts with several different girls. Georgia is romance/cheese and wants 20 woohoos. The house will probably go to Georgia, perhaps shared with Gabriella and Sharla. The family also has five dogs, of which one is a stray and the others are descended from either the Critturs or Porthos Roseland. Gavin and Ginger will each take a dog with them when they move out, while another two (the small dogs) belong to Gabriella. The newest puppy hasn't picked an owner yet.

In my Pleasantview, they also raised themselves, but didn't have as hard a time of it. Ginger rolled secondary pleasure, and got some dream dates under her belt right away so they could smart milk the toddlers, and that made a big difference. Also, as soon as the middle kids became teens, they started doing their older siblings' home work (in exchange for other household tasks) which is just so much easier because they've learned to study. Now, Gavin is married to Lilith Pleasant. They went to live with her grandparents after uni, but the Oldies are both dead now. Lilith is about two seconds from giving birth to their first child, and Gavin just got abducted by aliens. Ginger just graduated and has moved back to the Newson house (across the street from the Goth house) with her fiancé Dustin Broke. The four youngest are all at uni. Gabriella is romance/popularity, wants 20 Best Friends (she's almost there) and is engaged to Tommy Ottomas. Gallagher is romance/family, wants to be a Professional Party Guest, and is engaged to Sophie Miguel. Garrett is fortune/popularity, wants to be Hand of Poseidon, and is dating Tina Traveller. Georgia is knowledge/family, wants to be a Celebrity Chef, and hasn't settled on a guy yet, although she does have a crush on old man Matthew Smith. Right now she's more focused on becoming a witch, or a werewolf, or both if she can manage it...

On my previous computer, the Newsons were in Veronaville, being raised by the Goodies. That was almost too easy for my taste. That neighborhood died with the computer, but I remember that Garrett was dating Tina Traveller there too, and Georgia was seeing a kid the Summerdreams adopted. Ginger had a crush on Juliette, who was more interested in Edwin Sharpe. I think Gallagher was into Melody Tinker, but I couldn't swear to it.

I've always thought that I should try sending the oldest two off to college, letting the rest be taken by the social worker, and having some other family adopt them - like Wanda Tinker with her LTW to marry off six kids - but I haven't actually done it in any neighborhood. Can't bear to break them up, I suppose.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 4:33 PM
Re: Peni's advice, yes I discovered much of that on accident after most of the described events in Pleasantview happened! To make matters worse, Gavin and Ginger met mostly the passive-aggressives on community lots. And, TBH, when I started playing them I was thinking that not all stories have happy endings and not all happy endings come from the best circumstances.

On the bright side, the boys will have a better future due to the lack of in-game economy (I wish RL want ads worked 'if you would like a job, show up at 8 AM tomorrow') and there is something like a 2:1 female:male teen ratio at last count, and most of the other families in my game are flat-out loaded.
Instructor
#21 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 6:44 AM
While playing with the Newsons today, I noticed that "Newson" sounds an awful lot like "nuisance".

Georgia and Garrett grew into children, all their skills learned! Compared to the Ottomas twins, the Newson family is easy enough. I let one teen build their needs back up while the other takes care of whatever twin needs the most attention at the moment. Ginger and Gavin switched off who went to school what day - they had more than enough money left over that they don't need to work but Gavin is getting depressed so I let him get a job to satisfy his wants now that everyone is in school. I have Gabriella and Gallagher pitch in doing the chores around the house. And everyone does everyone else's homework - doesn't matter who, as long as it gets done. Gabriella has been getting A's and I've kept Ginger and Gavin in the C range.
Scholar
#22 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 8:33 AM
They were happily adopted by Cyd Roseland. He took to his fatherly duties well.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 9:42 AM
In my Victorian Veronaville the Newsons aren't doing so great. They live in a small shack on the outskirts of the town. Gavin is the only child to go to school due to lack of funds. The school he goes to is the weekly boarding school, found here. Meanwhile Ginger has her hands full taking care of all the kids and then working on their little field the rest of the time to make money and pay off their debt to the Montys. You see, when Patricio Monty saw the suffering of the Newson youngsters, starving and shelterless, he felt his heart melt and decided to give them a piece of land to grow crops on and stay to no end. But when his declining health took the best of him and his grandson Mercutio took over, things haven't been quite the same.
Now Ginger is working around the clock to provide for her siblings, pay back the Montys and help her brother graduate in hopes of a better tomorrow.

I'm currently not playing the Newsons on any other neighborhoods.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 11:32 AM
I had Ginger and Gavin get jobs after schools and Gavin hired a nanny (new hood) - they are doing fine, actually. Gavin and Ginger will soon be off to Uni. Gabrielle and Gallagher are teenagers already, and the young ones are cute ginger kids now.
Alchemist
#25 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 1:39 PM
I got 10 disagree's on this post:

Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden

No, you can't disagree on that, because I don't. You can't disagree that I don't play with bremade binned sims because I don't
Page 1 of 2