Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 11:01 PM
Default Teen living alone move to college...question :)
Exactly! Just as the title says!
I am actually playing, and a question came to my mind.."can I do what I am about to do?"
I am not sure it is stupid enough to post in the stupid question thread, but feel free to move it.

I want to move my teen into an apartment of her own, on the same lot she already lives with her dad and etc.
I have the teen starter PC.
But I wonder...let's say I do move her into a unit...and let's say, I give her a cat to play with. What happen when she moves to college?
What happen with her apartment, cat and furniture since she will be the last sim in the app. unit, though not the last sim on the entire lot?
I am planing to move her back into that same unit when she is done with school.
Thanks

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 12:11 AM
oI actually had this happen recently but it was on a household lot. A girl had lived with her grandma on the lot and her grandma died - leaving her and her cat. When she moved out, her cat and furniature stayed and she'll just move back in after she is done with UNI. However not sure if an apartment will keep the cat and furniture.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 12:37 AM
Ahah! the cat stayed there? How neat...
But poor starving little thing.
Since apartement must resets themself after a sim moves...not sure if I should let her dad care for her cat, the time she will be away.
The other thing too..because a cat could be consider as a member of the family, then maybe the game makes no difference between them?
Like, the cat stayed there, while a baby, toddler or even child, would have been taken away..
If a unit with a cat, is like a unit with a sim, I should be ok to leave the cat there.

She is already moved, and seem to be enjoying her new life. Cool...her dad and sisters are always hanging out her apartment unit (outside)
Keep the family close.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 12:43 AM
Just back up your game when it's time, move her and see what happens. If you don't like the result, revert to your backup.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Just back up your game when it's time, move her and see what happens. If you don't like the result, revert to your backup.

Oui. This is what I did.
So far so good.
At the very worst, she loses the furniture she buys after moving in; what's already in it will stay.(rent furnished apartment mod)
and her cat..that she hasn't adopted yet.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 1:12 AM
For reasons of non animal cruelty lol, I would have made her use give pet to get her dad to care for puss while she was away and then he could give puss back when she gets back.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
For reasons of non animal cruelty lol, I would have made her use give pet to get her dad to care for puss while she was away and then he could give puss back when she gets back.

Yes, of course..but i am too curious to see what will happen, so I won't.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 1:44 AM
LOL, if you have a no animal control hack (and some way to feed her) you could probably play puss all alone in her apartment.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 8:58 PM
The cat will live alone in the apartment I think, although like unattended children, the police might come to remove the cat and give you (the player!) a lecture. If not straight away, then when the cat's social or hunger meter got too low. But if you just left the apartment unplayed she could probably move back in with the cat when she graduates like nothing had ever changed.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...