Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 5:44 PM
Default I lost a roommate ?
Just wondering if this is supposed to happen or not.
I play apartments a lot, but rarely have any roommates.
My sim asked her roommate on date, and they went out to a community lot. Date went perfect, and just before it ends, my sim asked him to go steady. My sim is a teen, the "daterer" is an adult, of course.
I click on my sim's car and select drive home. They both got in her car, even though..the date was over, the duo dismantle, he still followed her.
But arrived home, only her got out the car, and the roommate was no where to be found.
He is also gone from the sim panel, he is not listed anymore as her roommate. She called him....she could, obviously, there was no option to propose/be roommate once he was there.
How sad.

I wonder if i should have re asked him on date, then back to my place? That way, when the date ends, he would have already be "home"...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 6:10 PM
Hmmm - not sure what's supposed to happen in that situation but it's probably to do with the 'go steady' option. You're obviously playing with hacks. Maybe try moving him in instead?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 3:42 AM
Yeah..I think it is the way I sent her home, rather than the going steady. I could move him in easy, using the cat statue or else, but it was having him as a roommate that I liked.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 4:09 AM
Maybe he still has a roomie token lurking somewhere. I'd check his inventory in SimPE.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Maybe he still has a roomie token lurking somewhere. I'd check his inventory in SimPE.

He probably had, because after i summon him and moved him in, his thumbnail went back into the roommates/pets panel.
All is well and back to what it was.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 11:26 AM
Roommates don't play nice with a lot of hacks. I gave up on mine disappearing constantly, now I just don't play with them. They're buggy anyway.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 1:22 PM
One of my other playable hired him as a DJ in his resto-club..he CAN'T be buggy!
(that has nothing to do with it)
Oh well...after my teen comes back from Uni, she'll ask him to move in for real..

Scholar
#8 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 2:29 AM
I play with roommates when I remember to. They're frustrating but they create some interesting social chaos sometimes.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 12:11 AM
Well, he is still in the roommate/pet tab, but I cannot move him in, as in..not a roomie.
Everyone else on the lot has the option, but not him. The game seems to consider him already moved in. He can also propose/move in to the other roommate, while she, does not have that option clicking on him.
I wonder what will happen when my sim will move to college. If he really is moved in, then he will continue occupy the apartment..if not, apartment will most probably reset.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 1:11 PM
I don't know if that's a good idea, you might end up with a corrupted apartment lot.

If you have another copy, then that's up to you. But I wouldn't risk it if you don't.

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 2:17 PM
Back up your neighborhood and experiment. If your neighborhood goes BOOM!, you can revert to a previous version with no trouble.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 2:45 PM
Oh, I have a fresh copy in the bin, I built it. And I also have a back up of my 'hood.
But yeah..that roommate seem buggy. Even living alone, he is still..a roommate 0_o

Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 3:49 PM
I would use the teleporter shrub or cat to select him and "make me a townie". Then you can move him in with someone if you want to make him playable. I don't recommend moving him out of that apartment if he is just a roommate with no sims in the "real" family.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 4:07 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 15th Nov 2014 at 12:31 AM.
I already did, move him out. This is why I said, even living alone, he still appears in the roommate/pet tab.
Since i have control pet on, I asked him to..find own place.
Thinking..it might reset tokens and stuff. But it did not. I used the batbox (first time in my life) and selected fix...something along the lines of wrong residency.
It found a playable/NPC token for him, and got rid of it. I thought..I am good now. No. same deal.
I'll try the make me a Townie as you suggested.
Thank you.

Ok..so i got mighty tired of trying things that didn't work. I put back my N001 backup. She is a child though....just before I aged everyone up.
Let's do this again, but this time..no mistakes! ahah!

Mad Poster
#15 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:37 AM
Why not just look at his inventory in SimPE and delete the roomie token? It's bound to be stuck in there.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:45 AM
I opened him in SimPE and his memory. deleted a hotel key??..but if you think about another tab in there..you tell me.
Nothing I tried worked....

Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 12:50 PM
Strange. I'd be happy to take a look at it if you send me your hood, but no promises that I find anything. Just seems to me that there ought to be something in there that can be fixed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 9:23 PM
Seems like he is stuck being a pet..or a roommate yes, indeed. But this is okay.
Like i said, i have a backup N001, and I played it yesterday. He is alright in that one, though I wanted him to go to UNI with my sim who once was his roommate..hehe.
So I did whatever had to be done, he is now a teen, still working for his uncle Madrid, as DJ, at the Peace Of Kake Club. He is also living with his uncle, for now.
Soon will move to college with his future wife, Lune.

Thank you for the offer, but I think I'll like this version better.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 2:27 AM
Well, that's even better! Something glitches, and ends up being better that way