Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 1:12 AM
Is your Sims ready for school?!
I know my sim's aren't. <--- Gerbit
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 1:19 AM
Thankfully, my game has just entered summer, and I have a summer vacation mod so my sims have plenty of time till school starts!
Instructor
#3 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 1:51 AM
Just finished building a college for my custom hood, the town takes place in the 70s so it'll be interesting to play a retro type college for once.

Other than that, the other colleges are functioning as usual I'm especially proud with Desiderata Valley's (Indiana) Notre Dame University the students are doing well even those less serious students no one is failing and the Greek houses balance out the partying and studying

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 2:07 AM
My baby-boom sims (born within the few few rotations of my megahood) and premade children and toddlers are now becoming teenagers and young adults, as such I've created a whole new Greek Row for Sims entering university including 2 sororities, 2 frat houses and 1 mixed house, and I plan on creating a few dorms for Sims who don't care for Greek life (the dorms that come with the game are so overplayed I'm bored of them so these are going to be super nice dorms). So yeah they're pretty ready for school

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#5 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 3:33 AM
I finally remembered to put toilets in their houses. What more could they want? Hmph. Ungrateful.

(Yes, I actually frequently forget to put bathrooms and kitchens in sim houses. Mom says that architecture is not in my future.)

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 5:03 AM
Let's see, right now I have no new kidlets starting school, they all go to my prep school or homeschool. A few teens have snagged a spot at my exclusive boarding school, it only takes 6 students at any one time, the rest will homeschool. haven't bothered with maxis schools in this hood at all. The oldest ones are heading off to uni or will simply be YA in the main hood. One pleasure sim I am thinking about becoming a busker as she has wants to freestyle for tips, no wants for uni and has 7 charisma points. I don't know what her parents will think of that since her older brother is very brainy and is one of the few attending the boading school, I guess she felt it was too hard competing with him. Later I will also do a general learning centre which adults can study at and some will be given later diploma's because adults should be able to go get degrees too. Education is a very big thing in my hood. Like bobyoud2001 it is getting close to summer holidays for my sims (except those at uni) so they will soon all have time off.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
I finally remembered to put toilets in their houses. What more could they want? Hmph. Ungrateful.

(Yes, I actually frequently forget to put bathrooms and kitchens in sim houses. Mom says that architecture is not in my future.)

And I thought me forgetting to put in phones was bad

On topic: my Sims are all way too good at school, all A's a A+'s. This is one of my pet peeves - they always need to focus on their school first, like never miss their bus, always do the homework, etc. before anything else. The only exceptions are in very poor families (and therefore have to work hard to earn money, even if it means missing homework from time to time) or really large families or families without adults/elders, where they have to focus on raising other children. I think it's probably because of the way that I was raised, putting a huge importance on education

EDIT:

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Let's see, right now I have no new kidlets starting school, they all go to my prep school or homeschool. A few teens have snagged a spot at my exclusive boarding school, it only takes 6 students at any one time, the rest will homeschool. haven't bothered with maxis schools in this hood at all. The oldest ones are heading off to uni or will simply be YA in the main hood. One pleasure sim I am thinking about becoming a busker as she has wants to freestyle for tips, no wants for uni and has 7 charisma points. I don't know what her parents will think of that since her older brother is very brainy and is one of the few attending the boading school, I guess she felt it was too hard competing with him. Later I will also do a general learning centre which adults can study at and some will be given later diploma's because adults should be able to go get degrees too. Education is a very big thing in my hood. Like bobyoud2001 it is getting close to summer holidays for my sims (except those at uni) so they will soon all have time off.

Oh, I love the idea of homeschool, but I haven't tried it yet. Would love to hear how the players who do this, make things work... I know there are some mods for homeschooling but I'm still wondering, do they do 'homework'? Build up skills? Like how does it even work?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 10:55 AM
Simlogical school system. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_School.htm Homeschooling/or no schooling is the easiest option. Simply put the school changer on the wall and it gives you options for what type of school the child or teen will do. You have to also download the types you want, Flexi, prep and boarding school. (also has private school as an option) Set your homeschooled child to flexi school and place down a homework book so they can learn to study, only takes about doing the book 2 times to achieve an A. I wish it was harder. I have them do bookwork each day and then they can study or play. In my medieval hood flexi school for peasants means no school so they just stay on a C. You can enroll the child with a picture token, start and stop school and use the classroom book instead, but this way (homework book) is easier.

Did you see my business and career thread? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=561271 My prep school is on page 2 I think.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 10:58 AM
The homeschool mod if you mean Inge's flexischool just stops the school bus and freezes their grade. You can make them study for grades with a school work object, or you can make them build skills, badges, whatever you want - it essentially leaves it up to you. I use it all the time for sims who don't attend school for whatever reason!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 4:17 PM
Simlogical school system. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_School.htm Homeschooling/or no schooling is the easiest option. Simply put the school changer on the wall and it gives you options for what type of school the child or teen will do. You have to also download the types you want, Flexi, prep and boarding school. (also has private school as an option) Set your homeschooled child to flexi school and place down a homework book so they can learn to study, only takes about doing the book 2 times to achieve an A. I wish it was harder. I have them do bookwork each day and then they can study or play. In my medieval hood flexi school for peasants means no school so they just stay on a C. You can enroll the child with a picture token, start and stop school and use the classroom book instead, but this way (homework book) is easier.

Did you see my business and career thread? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=561271 My prep school is on page 2 I think.

But can my other Sims still attend normal school or will this just stop school all together and just have all on home school?
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 4:24 PM
I've used the flexischool and only the Sims you put in it will be homeschooled, my other sim children still went to school as normal.

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 10:42 PM
Yes, in one family I have a teen at the exclusive boarding school while the other teen is hiomeschooled, you can do any combination of schools.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#13 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 4:08 PM

Thanks for the explanation! And your school looks amazing!

I might add flexischool for some teens in my Megahood (mostly the ones from farmer families or so, figuring they'd rather help at home than get an education), but if I ever get tired of my Megahood and start playing a new hood, I'll be seriously tempted to do something like this, build a custom school and play it It looks great and I feel like if I was playing a small community, possibly a self-sufficient one (farming, owned businesses, etc.) this would be a better fit than the normal school as it would let my Sims focus on the needed skills
Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frenchyxo22
Just finished building a college for my custom hood, the town takes place in the 70s so it'll be interesting to play a retro type college for once.

Other than that, the other colleges are functioning as usual I'm especially proud with Desiderata Valley's (Indiana) Notre Dame University the students are doing well even those less serious students no one is failing and the Greek houses balance out the partying and studying

@frenchyxo22 That sounds like it could be interesting! I'd love to see some pictures if you have! (:

Check out my building creations!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 10:55 PM
@Vixxen I also use badge Scholarships by Cyjon http://cyjon.net/node/301 So those gold gardening and restock badges those teens helping out on the farms and business earn is actually useful for college as well. Since teens often get the Maxis footstep dance one for nothing more then doing the smustle after school I don't see why learning all about agriculture and commerce should not.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#16 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 3:50 PM
In SimHampton, there is no day when a child cannot receive an education at school, apart from the built-in game "weekends" (nor one where there would be no staff at the school), though there are certain days many Sims take off, including most of the month following this one. (Time is moving very slowly in SimHampton right now as I haven't played Sims 2 much in the past couple of months, but it is moving a little bit).
Theorist
#17 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 4:11 PM
Well I'm currently playing a Saturday-Sunday rotation so my Sims have a break.
Scholar
#18 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 5:42 PM
It's coming close to Xmas in my game now, so I'll be banking those vacation days and flexi-schooling all the kids
I could download Phaenoh's mod but idk if I have it. I have the 2014 calendar though..

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 8:51 PM
You need to install the flexi-school (or any other custom school you want, I have a couple too though they are designed for teenagers, and have no effect on children) and the school changer. The school changer lets you change any child or teen individually to any school you like

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...