Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 1:47 AM
Milkshape is made by the devil himself. (I need help with unwelding)
How do you unweld a model in this god-forsaken ancient fossil of a program without it making the model explode? (screenshot)
What milkshape is hellbent on doing is, unlike blender, when you tell it to unweld a model, it ALWAYS will try to connect what it considers as loose vertices together, creating a mess of polygons and ruining the model. What I'd like to know is a way to avoid that, like unwelding by faces and not vertices for instance or something else.

It also seems to ignore any kind of splitting or unwelding I do in Blender beforehand (a program that isn't made by baboons in 1997).

Sorry if I come off as cross, it's just been happening so many times when working on models and it's driven me mad.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 9:42 AM
Why not just stick with Blender in that case? It should be able to do whatever Milkshake can with GEOM files. It doesn't support .wso files, but you should be able to convert GEOM to .wso in MeshToolKit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SmugTomato
Why not just stick with Blender in that case? It should be able to do whatever Milkshake can with GEOM files. It doesn't support .wso files, but you should be able to convert GEOM to .wso in MeshToolKit.

Cause the geom plug in in blender can't export, it probably expects exactly one item so when it finds more than that it errors. I can only import with it.

I actually ended up fixing the model by merging in blender by distance, then welding to nearest in milkshape and then unwelding. The reason it was exploding was due to duplicate vertices that merging cleared
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 7:51 AM Last edited by SmugTomato : 17th Jun 2021 at 9:04 AM.
I'd be very interested to see why it won't export.
Are you using the new 2.1.1 version of the add-on or an older version? I've tried to make error messages more descriptive in the new version.

I'd appreciate it if you could send me the file that was giving you problems so I can check for any potential issues.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 12:39 PM
I'd be very interested to see why it won't export.
Are you using the new 2.1.1 version of the add-on or an older version? I've tried to make error messages more descriptive in the new version.

I'd appreciate it if you could send me the file that was giving you problems so I can check for any potential issues.

I have version 1.10, I got it from the mts page, it was the latest one listed.

Though I don't mind it that much, the issue the original post is referring to I solved already, I just wasn't cleaning "rogue" vertices by meshing/welding.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gamegami49
I have version 1.10, I got it from the mts page, it was the latest one listed.

Though I don't mind it that much, the issue the original post is referring to I solved already, I just wasn't cleaning "rogue" vertices by meshing/welding.

I'd definitely recommend getting the newer version in that case, I've fixed a lot of problems in it.
One thing I've really tried to address are the cryptic error messages you would get in 1.10 and before, they should now instead describe what you can do to fix the errors
https://modthesims.info/d/656413/bl...-2-8x-2-9x.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 5:04 PM
I'd definitely recommend getting the newer version in that case, I've fixed a lot of problems in it.
One thing I've really tried to address are the cryptic error messages you would get in 1.10 and before, they should now instead describe what you can do to fix the errors
https://modthesims.info/d/656413/bl...-2-8x-2-9x.html

I got it, i'll install it in the following days, I'm already working on a model right now (advice: NEVER work on anything Koei Tecmo related)

This addon should effectively render milkshape completely obsolete in my procedure (thankfully, thing's ancient and slow)