Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Larger Households -- up to 50 family members *UPD 04oct2008*

by 5th LMNt Posted 28th Sep 2007 at 2:21 AM - Updated 11th Dec 2009 at 10:52 PM by 5th LMNt : Sims 3

471 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 402 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 19
Test Subject
#26 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 5:22 PM
thanks for this! Just a while ago I had a "stuck" pregnancy on a lot, because somebody else was already pregnant with twins and there was only room for 2 more babies ...

and never again, and never again
they gave us two shots to the back of the head...
Field Researcher
#27 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 6:48 PM
Does this mean that Doc Doofus's mod no longer works? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=101362

I still have it in my game, and I have all EPs, but I have not tried to have bigger families for quite some time.

Thank you for making this though! :D

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Field Researcher
#28 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 9:54 PM Last edited by Swordsmasterguy : 29th Sep 2007 at 3:22 AM. Reason: Almost forgot and mom said I could!
hmm, not sure, although, this could work for when I do Royal Rumble in January. Wait til i tell my friends! BTW, Since I have Bon Voyage, I will test this for ya.
Here's a link to the videos so you see what I'm talking about
http://www.youtube.com/Swordsmasterguy
Look for Sims Wrestling Entertainment
Scholar
#29 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 12:15 AM Last edited by Mihura : 29th Sep 2007 at 12:39 AM.
After a quick test this mod seem to be functionning with Bon Voyage. I have take the big family from Seasons who are 6 with in principe 2 future babies and I've used the Two Jeffs Triplets and Quads (plus the Insim) to have 4 babies on the instant. :D

So they are 10 now and it's seem to get no problem. True, this is not a real situation cause I have choose (and force the game) for having 4 babies. It must be test with a normal family of 8 who try for a baby or to ask for someone to move in.
But for now (it's late here ) the mod seem compatible with Bon Voyage.

Thank you by the way it's an interesting hack (I'm planning big family reunions ^^).

Edit : Ok. A "try for a baby" option is allowed with this 10 Sims family and a baby (1 with the Insim information) is on the road. Good point !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Field Researcher
#30 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 12:53 AM Last edited by Swordsmasterguy : 29th Sep 2007 at 9:09 PM.
Default Cuz mom said I could!
Damn! I was gonna tell him that I have my entire ESW Roster in my one lot and it is compatible w/ Bon Voyage, but thanx for doing my job for me.
Entire ESW Roster found here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G57qcJ7w5cw
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 2:36 AM
This Is Just What I Wanted!!!! Thank You!!!! Mwah!
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 7:15 AM
Silky: If you're going to try for big families & big houses, you'll want a minimum of 2GB RAM, preferably with a dual-core processor (total 3.0 GHz or better), and a good graphics card, preferably PCI Express, with 256 MG of RAM or more. That's the setup I have now and lag is very minimal, and can usually be dealt with by mousing all through the lot before I start playing. I've found that anything less than that doesn't work too well once you start building really big lots...
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 8:29 AM
This is great, but it's an awful lot of pets allowed. Any chance that they could be left as they are in the game and all the extras are added to the sims?
Test Subject
#34 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 8:45 AM
YIKES!!! I tried putting this in Bon Voyage (with TwoJeffs Triplets & Quads Mod), and my sim went into an infinate loop, birthing the same pair of twins again and again! (With the full animation and everything.) She had done it 3 times when I finally quit without saving. Scary! Deja vu all over again. So, uh, I'd have to say it's not perfectly compatibale with BV.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 8:50 AM
LOL Thaliasama, I had just wrote to ask about the different types of scenerios with BV, Thank you for answering that question. I think I will hold off until I see the BV icon on this hack. So I deleted the whole question. lol

Thanx Bunches,
TickleYu

CRUNCH*A*TIZE ME CAP'N!
Field Researcher
#36 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 5:29 PM
I repeat my question, where do I put the file ? I'm not good in english so help me please, it's on download folder ?
Test Subject
#37 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 3:35 AM
YAY!!! I can finally have an old lady with 15 cats =)
Field Researcher
#38 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 5:33 PM
Quote:
I repeat my question, where do I put the file ? I'm not good in english so help me please, it's on download folder ?

Yes, just put it in your downloads folder

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 7:45 PM
if only it worked for the normal sims 2 game =[

He who laughs last, does not get it
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 10:36 PM
Thank you!! Now I can actually try to get some of my sims live in an apartment building I'm just about to finish.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 2:06 PM
Well I had to remove this hack because it was creating alot of error message in my game Hope this hack will be fix.

More stuff on our site Sea Sims and Sun
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 9:50 PM
That download doesn't work in my game..I've got The Sims 2,The Sims 2 university,The Sims 2 nightlife,The Sims 2 open for business,The Sims 2 pets and The Sims 2 seasons.

What happens???I need more expansions??

PS:i'm spanish,sorry for my baaaad english...^^'
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 11:09 PM Last edited by igloolik : 3rd Oct 2007 at 2:52 PM. Reason: update
I have everything up to Seasons (no BV). I don't have the best graphics card, but my comp seems to have no problem with a family of 8, so I'll try for a bigger one with this hack, and see if it works for me. I'll update in a few hours.

or, maybe i'll update the next morning. It worked fine in my game using InTeen. I couldn't combine households to make them larger than 8. I haven't tried adopting either sims or pets yet, so that'll be my next step.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 8:37 PM
I'm not sure if this is a glitch at the vacation destinations, but when I went to go film my latest episodes of Mysteries of Strangetown, the sims could only do appreciate socials. Might it have something to do with your hack? I'm not sure, I am restarting the town and canceling the series.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 4:26 AM
Holy Shit!?!

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Test Subject
#46 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 5:08 PM
Thanx. ^___^ I cant wait to try it out
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LOolyharb1
I had to ask :
In CAS can we create more than 8 sims and 4 pets and how will that look when we accept the family and as we go to the neighborhood,there's the family picture with the blue background and the squares, will it be glitchy,and if there are more sims will they not show up in the picture?No doubt about being able to have more SELECTABLE sims on the lot,but actually having them in your family as fully controlable sims that belong to the family,isn't that gonna create a crazy glitch?!

This mod is not a make-visitors-selectable type hack. It is for allowing fully controllable sims that belong to the family, and no there are no crazy glitches. The screenshot I posted shows my current family at the time of 15 sims and 13 pets, how the game lists their icons on the left side of the screen.

Now if you really did play with 30/20, the little icons would probably take up half your screen (depending on your resolution), but that's your choice
Test Subject
Original Poster
#48 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cathrinemboneka
if only it worked for the normal sims 2 game =[

There have been other mods created for previous expansions, so there may still be one floating around out there. Try poking around in thesimsgraveyard.com
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mouse
Does this mean that Doc Doofus's mod no longer works? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=101362

I still have it in my game, and I have all EPs, but I have not tried to have bigger families for quite some time.

Thank you for making this though! :D

Mouse, I think the Doc Doofus mod you referenced stopped working as of OFB.
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 9:47 AM
Talking about BV compatibility, i noticed that all the "more family members" mods i tried are producing the same kind of bugs.
Part of the "social actions" are not working properly.

They begin as they should but stop before the end, like i ask one sims to play with a baby, he begins to raise the baby in his arms and suddenly the sims is standing and the baby on the ground.
Some mods produce that bug with every or almost "social action", other only with Bv specific ones and others with some of each but not all.

I post that information just in case it could help you to solve the problem when you'll have BV ;-)

By the way, sorry if there are spelling or grammar mistakes, beeing french i dont speak /write fluent english
Page 2 of 19