Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 8:20 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 9th Jul 2012 at 9:06 PM.
I have spotted some in-game adverts I can't turn off. They are in the sort by room area. I am not logged in, nor do I have shop mode enabled. And yet, there is this gold button with adverts on the right of it on every tab in that section. You can click the gold bar to make the adverts hide, but if you leave that tab and come back...they show all over again.

EDIT: Crinrict explained it to me elsewhere. It's a button to show "collections" of store sets that I own currently. For a moment there, I was like: omgwth!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 8:26 PM
But... BUT... new walls and floors.

I think every patch should just add new walls and floors, just because. It's a nice treat and gives us more to build with. That mid century stuff was a more than welcome addition to the game, and tropical is no different.

Now, if they'd just stop hoarding the trees.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#53 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 8:51 PM
[QUOTE=Captain THPS4]Some users on the official forums installed the patch and got even more new floors and walls! Check out the pictures: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../15/559542.page
QUOTE]

Very tropical, these new floors and walls...
Mad Poster
#54 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 8:52 PM
Kiwi-Tea, should you ever see this, Port Piston is slowly going to be beaten and battered with Patch 1.36.

Lab Assistant
#55 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shadedgrey63
I hope they fixed the issue with the horses' advanced gallop. I'll have to check later.

Not in this patch BUT they are aware and Graham Nardone says it's fixed but will be in another patch (why tho?)

Take in consideration that I'm french and I try my best to write an understandable english :)

[ booboolalaland ] [ goodieslalaland ]
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#56 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 10:14 PM
Don't forget to backup your files before installing this patch, everyone! And also, update all of your mods and remove any that you cannot update.

Did they fix the lighting in this patch by any chance? I really want my streetlights to light beyond the first storey and the edge of the lot.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bij0ux
Not in this patch BUT they are aware and Graham Nardone says it's fixed but will be in another patch (why tho?)

Thanks! That's really good to know.
Test Subject
#58 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 11:06 PM
I'd like to get the wedding gifts back...

I guess I'll wait a couple of days before updating anyway.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pikku.titiuu
I'd like to get the wedding gifts back...
And where did they go? My last couple had a private wedding, one of them is a celebrity, I remember he wrote the thank you letters on the blackjack table that I was testing in their garden! I don't remember any of their presents though but my sims always get total crap so I don't check them out anymore. Could it be I had no gifts but could write the thank you cards? Uh, can't recall.
Alchemist
#60 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Did they fix the lighting in this patch by any chance? I really want my streetlights to light beyond the first storey and the edge of the lot.

I'd like to know that, too.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
Some info about what's in the GameplayData.package:
Tuning files for the Premium store items have been added to the package. There's the existing ones and two unreleased:
Vending Machine, which comes in flavors Candy, Health, and Drink and offers the interactions Buy to eat later, Restock, Kick, Buy to eat. Items has a chance to get stuck.
A ceremonial tea set, which comes with a hidden skill.

EXCITED!! Ceremonial tea set with their own skill (sounds like chadô to me), and a vending machine at-freaking-last!
Mad Poster
#62 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 5:52 AM
The fix for the Showtime performers using Late Night lots appears to go even further:
  • Graveyards, Fishing Spots, and Beaches work as a park gig.
  • Pool, Gym, Library as well as Dive Bars work as Bistro Gigs (Coffeehouse is what it's called in game I think).
  • Hangouts and the LN Dance Clubs work as Live Venue Gigs.
  • Art Gallery, LN Lounges, and the Horse Ranch work as Private Venue Gigs.

Tuning files for the Premium store items have been added to the package. There's the existing ones and two unreleased:
Vending Machine, which comes in flavors Candy, Health, and Drink and offers the interactions Buy to eat later, Restock, Kick, Buy to eat. Items has a chance to get stuck.
A ceremonial tea set, which comes with a hidden skill.

I am sort of excited to make some of those venues and leave more room in town. If it works, I will have some more praises for EA.

I do fear those Vending machines and the tea set may come in the store. Not saying it for sure, but have a feeling it will. Either way, I am getting it. :lovestruc

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#63 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 6:43 AM
Teeny cranky about the patch as I was just trying to fix my game to make it functional, and the patch came. So now my attempts will be delayed as mods get updated XD But looks good
Eminence Grise
#64 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 8:35 AM
There IS going to be at least one patch for each EP and SP... and sometimes extras in between... no point getting cranky

I'm looking forward to trying out the venue stuff... brilliant that they fixed it, though why that didn't come WITH SHT is a mystery :p
Instructor
#65 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 8:44 AM
SHT lots as LN lots.

...Doth my eyes deceive me? Can it be true, that I can have a neighborhood with open space again? One that hasn't been usurped by 5 million mandatory lots?

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Mad Poster
#66 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 1:52 PM
^And drink MANY drinks carry over to Showtime Lots, but I'm not sure for all. The drinks orders are really dumb though - The coffee house serves drinks from 2 different places - I think a Fusion Lounge and Exclusive Lounge. It's a coffee house... O_O

Either Way, if the ST lots allow more drinks at all locations, all we'd have to do is set fire to ALL NINE LN lots, and just use lots from LN, and fill in the blanks where needed. *SpaceSaving*

I don't think EA knew how ANNOYING it was to design 13 locations for performances and clubbing. I'll gladly merge them together.

Lab Assistant
#67 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 2:06 PM
Seeing as I don't have the Showtime EP then this patch doesn't really do anything for me :/
Retired
retired moderator
#68 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 2:21 PM
I honestly just can't wait to MERGE ALL THE THINGS.

Going to fire up the game and check out these changes.

Also, new walls = EA wants me to reboot Niua Simoa or a similar Pasimfic Island nation. :P

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#69 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
I honestly just can't wait to MERGE ALL THE THINGS.

Going to fire up the game and check out these changes.

Also, new walls = EA wants me to reboot Niua Simoa or a similar Pasimfic Island nation. :P

Way ahead of you.

Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 3:07 PM
The fix for the Showtime performers using Late Night lots appears to go even further:
  • Graveyards, Fishing Spots, and Beaches work as a park gig.
  • Pool, Gym, Library as well as Dive Bars work as Bistro Gigs (Coffeehouse is what it's called in game I think).
  • Hangouts and the LN Dance Clubs work as Live Venue Gigs.
  • Art Gallery, LN Lounges, and the Horse Ranch work as Private Venue Gigs.

How do the SHT lots work as LN venues? (I can't patch until I've obtained updated mods.)

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
One Minute Ninja'd
#71 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
How do the SHT lots work as LN venues? (I can't patch until I've obtained updated mods.)

This. I no longer rush patching. But, I would like to know how the combined venues are actually implemented.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 3:46 PM
The same way. Plop down the ingredients needed, and it works. ^_^

Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 3:55 PM
But have you actually tested it? With a performer that would have drinks and food from the professional bar after doing his show in the same lot? No forgetting the audition with the proprietor?
Mad Poster
#74 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 4:00 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 10th Jul 2012 at 4:23 PM.
All I've done is get drinks form the bar. I'm in game now, so I'll test. ^_^

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaand... it crashed.

One Minute Ninja'd
#75 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
All I've done is get drinks form the bar. I'm in game now, so I'll test. ^_^

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaand... it crashed.

Bummer. I think I'll wait a day or two on this.
Locked thread
Page 3 of 7