Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:09 AM
The only change I've noticed in my game since patching is in all the households, in every neighbourhood, without fail, at 3 AM,

The toilets flush.

As regular as clockwork, everytime. Most highly irregular.

You must gather your party before venturing forth.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#152 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elphiron
The only change I've noticed in my game since patching is in all the households, in every neighbourhood, without fail, at 3 AM,

The toilets flush.

As regular as clockwork, everytime. Most highly irregular.
That's the clean-up routine. It repairs all broken objects and cleans everything on community lots and in inactive households. AFAIK, it's always been like that, however.
Instructor
#153 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 1:46 PM
I only had one mod conflict and that was the no autonomous play with sprinklers. Otherwise, patching went smoothly after I updated all of my mod....wait, right, I can no longer install game worlds, like Lunar Lakes or Lucky Palms. And the tablet from the Store installed but won't work. Bah. Still, I can play and didn't lose my crazy towns.

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Retired
retired moderator
#154 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 2:54 PM
Quote:
Most highly irregular.

I wouldn't say that. Sounds more like the whole town is very regular.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Original Poster
#155 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 3:01 PM
Ok, my Sim just finished a gig and lost a friend during the process and has a decreased relationship with all other audience members. Wasn't this supposed to be one of the "fixes"? The performance itself was supposedly good as my Sim had a +25 moodlet afterwards.
One Minute Ninja'd
#156 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Ok, my Sim just finished a gig and lost a friend during the process and has a decreased relationship with all other audience members. Wasn't this supposed to be one of the "fixes"? The performance itself was supposedly good as my Sim had a +25 moodlet afterwards.

Yeah, that's what the patch said. Maybe they'll get it right with the next patch.
Top Secret Researcher
#157 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Ok, my Sim just finished a gig and lost a friend during the process and has a decreased relationship with all other audience members. Wasn't this supposed to be one of the "fixes"?

Yeah, I could not find any changes in that regards in the code-base.

I suspect that particular note was added to the wrong release notes.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Inventor
#158 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 7:05 PM
Since the patch I have noticed that sometimes I have a green effect over the metals shine when I load coming back from vacation (I really dont want to anyway) Maybe I have the St Patricks patch?

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Original Poster
#159 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Yeah, I could not find any changes in that regards in the code-base.

I suspect that particular note was added to the wrong release notes.
Yes, it is definitely not fixed. My Singer loses 8 relationship points after each song with every audience member, no matter what he does, and he only gets plus signs from them. One gig lasts for about 3 songs, so, at the end of a show there's a loss of exactly 24 points. Do that three times and your Sim will be without any friends. I begin to suspect that this is like the "well-rested bug" where points are being subtracted when they should be added. I think I'm going to retire my Sim from the Singer career and get him a proper job, like Criminal or somesuch. Even the Emperor of Evil loses less relationship points when meeting a Sim
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 8:58 AM
I've decided to update my game yesterday. From 1.33 to 1.34 and to 1.36. And you know what? NOTHING wrong has happened. What's wrong with you EA? lol Here I was, like a mortar, thinking that it will screw up my game like every other patch, that I will have to reinstall TS3 from scratch, or at least that it will corrupt my save files. I'm really amazed. After updating only Nraas mods it works fine! Just... WOW.

Had to share it with someone, it's too amazing.
One Minute Ninja'd
#161 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IzzyBess
I've decided to update my game yesterday. From 1.33 to 1.34 and to 1.36. And you know what? NOTHING wrong has happened. What's wrong with you EA? lol Here I was, like a mortar, thinking that it will screw up my game like every other patch, that I will have to reinstall TS3 from scratch, or at least that it will corrupt my save files. I'm really amazed. After updating only Nraas mods it works fine! Just... WOW.

Had to share it with someone, it's too amazing.

Yeah, but did anything good happen?
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 5:39 PM
Well, I only have one question...

DOES THE ADVENTURE BOARD FINALLY WORK??!???@!?!@?!@

We came
We saw
We killed the crowd
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Yeah, but did anything good happen?

Yup, I'm now ready waiting for Supernatural.

About adventures - sorry I do not know, haven't been yet on any since I patched the game.
Original Poster
#164 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marky Boy
Well, I only have one question...

DOES THE ADVENTURE BOARD FINALLY WORK??!???@!?!@?!@
NO, IT DOESN'T!
Field Researcher
#165 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
Some info about what's in the GameplayData.package:

The fix for the Showtime performers using Late Night lots appears to go even further:
  • Graveyards, Fishing Spots, and Beaches work as a park gig.
  • Pool, Gym, Library as well as Dive Bars work as Bistro Gigs (Coffeehouse is what it's called in game I think).
  • Hangouts and the LN Dance Clubs work as Live Venue Gigs.
  • Art Gallery, LN Lounges, and the Horse Ranch work as Private Venue Gigs.

Tuning files for the Premium store items have been added to the package. There's the existing ones and two unreleased:
Vending Machine, which comes in flavors Candy, Health, and Drink and offers the interactions Buy to eat later, Restock, Kick, Buy to eat. Items has a chance to get stuck.
A ceremonial tea set, which comes with a hidden skill.

The only non-store .xml files that were changed were:
ShowStage (for the relation drop fix), EditCollectionDialog (new collection icon), Bars (so that LN bars work in ST venues), JobsAndTasks (using LN and other lots for ST careers).

So most tuning mods should still work.

Vending machines? Came across a link to this someplace else, while trying to find out if there was any way to actually merge the LN and SHT lots. Did we actually get these? Don't recall seeing them! If we did, where are they located? If a store item, where there? Would LOVE vending machines!
One Minute Ninja'd
#166 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes649
Vending machines? Came across a link to this someplace else, while trying to find out if there was any way to actually merge the LN and SHT lots. Did we actually get these? Don't recall seeing them! If we did, where are they located? If a store item, where there? Would LOVE vending machines!

Nope, no vending machines. BTW, we're up to 1.39 now. I think the 1.36 discussion is kind of moot by now.
Locked thread
Page 7 of 7