Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#15301 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
Why does everything look so high tech, square, and clean? Would love to see cottages..

I've noticed they concentrate on upper-middle/upper class Sims a lot these days more than middle class. Could be why?
Advertisement
Instructor
#15302 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:02 AM
Do any of these creators camp videos actually show a sim walking around "public spaces"? I haven't seen this yet, if there's any video, please share. Thanks

Let's just agree to disagree.
Forum Resident
#15303 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mumty

Seriously, what even is this bathroom? Tiny corner bath with a mat (you know, in case the carpet gets wet ), big huge football pitch sized emptiness and a dingy toilet and sink stuck on top of eachother and WHAT FUCKING BATHROOM IS CARPETED?
Uh,my bathroom is carpeted. It's a small bath in a trailer, though (2000 model, so not from the 70s). First one I've seen carpeted, I think. But not a problem, actually.
Inventor
#15304 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:24 AM
Much to my dismay, most of the apartments that I've rented have had carpeted bathrooms.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Lab Assistant
#15305 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
Uh,my bathroom is carpeted. It's a small bath in a trailer, though (2000 model, so not from the 70s). First one I've seen carpeted, I think. But not a problem, actually.

Almost every apt. that I've lived in has had indoor/outdoor carpeting in the bathroom (kitchen too)
Instructor
#15306 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:27 AM
Wow, what's with that grass textures? I thought the painted on flowers was bird poop from afar (in very large amount). Then I took a closer look and thought it was a carpeted floor the creator had put outside for some reason. I don't even know.
Lab Assistant
#15307 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:33 AM
The grass looks like it was spray painted.

I'm imagining a Sim with a green can of spray paint who sprays the entire town, and he's paid 300 Simoleons per yard for upkeep.
Theorist
#15308 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Napping in a bathtub... yikes, that's how so many celebrities have gone... Hopefully our poor sims will be safe!

TS4 version of death by drowning?!?!?!

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#15309 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:48 AM
That grass....even though I still like the style (stupid high-class furniture only and dark indoors aside), I have to agree with everyone on that point.

You know, you'd think that with the fact that terrain paint is the only terrain tool we have left (I'm not counting "fountains) that they'd put a lot of effort but into them, but no. It's like everything else in the game, either it looks half-assed or it was too hard and it was tossed out.
Field Researcher
#15310 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Dear Lord, dat grass... dat grass...

Yes you put some of the screen shots of lots next to each other from TS3 & TS4 its hard to tell which game was made five years later with the use of new technology.
The terrain paints oh dear !
Field Researcher
#15311 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 2:47 AM
That has to be the worst grass I have ever seen in any game. Is this for modern PC's or for your IPhone?
Theorist
#15312 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegirl45
That has to be the worst grass I have ever seen in any game. Is this for modern PC's or for your IPhone?

Neither, it's for a potato.
Field Researcher
#15313 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegirl45

Freeplay takes umbrage to that.
Mad Poster
#15314 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Not disagreeing with you but that used to be a thing, carpeting the bathroom. I think it was meant to be luxurious too. Often as not used shag pile.

Vile really. Yes, that's a horrid bathroom. Horrid.

Yes, I remember my mother had carpeting in the bathroom in the 70s. I used to perform bacterial experiments.
Instructor
#15315 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mishkabee

Freeplay takes umbrage to that.

And you could take the wood texture off that bridge and slap it right onto a piece of TS4 furniture. No one would notice anything was out of place.
Field Researcher
#15316 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 3:46 AM
I might notice, if only because it looks like they actually put effort into making the Freeplay textures look interesting. And TS4 is where effort goes to die.
Mad Poster
#15317 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bandon
And you could take the wood texture off that bridge and slap it right onto a piece of TS4 furniture. No one would notice anything was out of place.

Of course we would. The wood in TSFP looks far more detailed than the wood in TS4.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#15318 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 4:58 AM
HOLY SHIT!

I'm in SimsVIP's video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IHaFiCFYs8
Field Researcher
#15319 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lumialover8
HOLY SHIT!

I'm in SimsVIP's video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IHaFiCFYs8

Remember us now that you've made us!
Field Researcher
#15320 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mumty

Seriously, what even is this bathroom? Tiny corner bath with a mat (you know, in case the carpet gets wet ), big huge football pitch sized emptiness and a dingy toilet and sink stuck on top of eachother and WHAT FUCKING BATHROOM IS CARPETED?

I LOVE that carpet. Want.
Instructor
#15321 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 5:55 AM
I swear, all these staircases look like they're leading up to a Mayan temple they're so damn steep! Another drawback of not being able to make stair landings with split leveling.

This is the first I've heard about carpeted bathrooms being a thing and I'm literally shuddering thinking of all the grossness that gets trapped there, considering all the things people do in bathrooms... How could anyone think that was practical, ever? Ick
Even if it's a budget thing, surely lino would be better?
Mad Poster
#15322 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 6:02 AM
Instructor
#15323 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 6:02 AM
Holy cra... whu... huh? How?
Slider multiplier hack?
Mad Poster
#15324 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 6:05 AM
Ask OrokanaruOtouto XD
Instructor
#15325 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 6:09 AM
@OrokanaruOtouto, how'd you manage to pack all that junk in the trunk?
Locked thread
Page 613 of 920