Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#76 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 12:30 PM
I'd love it when they would add horses. That would be awesome. :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 8:34 AM
There's a lot of animals I'd like to see in TS3, and most of them have already been mentioned here. Something nice, though, with the terrarium/caged pets, would be if you could take them out and play with them, the same as you would in real life. ie. hamsterballs and such, and maybe have the option to just have a roost area for pet birds instead of a cage. My mom has a pet robin, and she hasn't seen the inside of a cage since she was about a year old and then that was only when it was bedtime, after she learned to fly. It always annoyed me that I had to force my sims to leave the door to the birds' cages opened in TS2. Also, Astrognash's idea for a size slider would be a great idea, but for cats as well as dogs, since you might not be able to get ones that come to your waist, but cats do have different sizes as well.

I think the easiest way for EA to handle it would be to put out a farm expansion with livestock and such, along with other farm related stuff, into which they could also put cats and dogs, which are also traditional farm animals, and perhaps instead of a pets expansion, a zoo expansion, possibly with some of the animals being made adoptable if you meet certain criteria. After all, it's not exactly common for people to have exotic pets, but neither is it all that unheard of.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 6:00 PM
I wouldn't even bother buying a Farm Expansion Pack Farms take up alot of energy and time maintaining.My grandparents had a farm and weekends there felt like hell,with all the hard work me and my other cousins had to do was quite challenging.

cows,pigs,chickens,goats,lambs no thanks.

Sims already get sweaty worn out just in the garden for a few hours I couldn't even imagine if it was a farm.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by riruchan
I think pet monkeys would be cool. :D

oooh yeah monkeys would be cool
wat about the idea of like a zoo or something?!
it keeps wild animals like tigers, lions, apes, dolphins etc.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 12:57 AM
Ferrets of course!
and they should hide anything you put on the floor or table!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 7:45 AM
I think that if they do a pets expansion they could probably do a fairly simple one with the generic, cats, dogs, rabbits, rats, mice, birds and fish then release stuff packs like "farmers paradise" or something that had the option of sheep, cattle, horses, goats. And another called "Animal Exotica" with snakes, monkeys, spiders, lizards etc... that wau those that dont want all the fancy stuff can opt out... but then again, if they realeased the whole lot in one package it would be WAY better, and those that didnt want the exotic animals or the farm animals could simply not buy them for their active sims. I would LOVE to make my version of "micheal jackson" with "bubbles" the monkey hahahaha oh YEAH and then have my ladies with their teacup pups in their purses lol and the dog breeder down the road with a MILLION dogs.... hehe i found the sims 2 pets expansion seriously annoying when the dogs in the neighbourhood kept diggin up my land so they had better leave that out, cos otherwise i loved it!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 9:11 AM
I don't think horses will happen, because we'd want our simmies to ride them and that's just too complicated now isn't it?

1. Dogs (small, medium, large)
2. Cats
3. Something small like a hampster, gerbil, mouse (that can breed!)
4. NPC pets that wander around the meadows of the neighborhood. Snakes, lizards, rabbits! You can catch them and keep them in cages. Bugs will be able to be caught as well. Sorta like the ant-farm.
5. Birds, that you can teach lots of different things and that hang out around the house.
6. Chickens. For the eggs. Possibly just a coop you can place on a lot, and they come outside and you feed them during the day. I expect so little.

Also- pet store to buy toys, food and bedding for the pets... fish tanks for multiple fish, cages, etc. Also functions as a rabbithole to take your pet to a behavior class. There should be new traits for liking/disliking pets, and a pet related LTW or two.

Edit: I just saw a post above about the zoo, and I definitely think that should be included as another rabbithole. Maybe sims could join the zookeeper career =) I don't think they'll include zoo animals, though.

It still feels as though this would be rather small for an EP; I think it should be tied together with seasons aspects. There should be weather, and I'd love more farming stuff but this is sims, not farmville... The whole firefighter/tattoo artist direction doesn't lead me to believe that the sims is going rural.
#83 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 5:08 PM
emmejuice, we already have rideable horses for Sims 2 right here on MTS, so WHY NOT have rideable horses in Sims 3?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 6:36 PM
I want a pet Balrog. Or just something big and mean that gives Sims the Fear moodlet and eats them, especially if they have a low relationship with the owner.

...something tells me that's unlikely, though. Nuts.
Banned
#85 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 7:16 PM
I don't want a whole bunch of tedious farming crap. All I would want is some domesticated animals, like dogs, cats, birds, ect. Also, there should be an option for strays, and to be able to catch and raise butterflies, not just catch them and then let them loose.

Also, there should be a really slim chance of taking a special animal home, if you're in the science career, that you can't find, buy or customize in Create-a-Pet. Nothing necessarily mutated, but maybe like a glowing cat, or a dog that knows how to cook, ect. xD;
#86 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 7:25 PM
Rabbits
Mongoose
Myna Bird
Rat
Mouse
various pokemon?

that last one was for HP even if it is too little to play sims I hear stupid little kids like him like pokemon.
Theorist
#87 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starved4pizza
Also, there should be a really slim chance of taking a special animal home, if you're in the science career, that you can't find, buy or customize in Create-a-Pet. Nothing necessarily mutated, but maybe like a glowing cat, or a dog that knows how to cook, ect. xD;

I like that idea! I want a glowing cat!

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Field Researcher
#88 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 7:55 PM
With all that medieval content they're selling at the store there had better be ride-able horses and farm animals! I would love to have a real farm with livestock: beef cattle, milk cows, chickens, sheep, farm cats, herding dogs and your occasional wild animal spawners. AND I want the game to recognize a farming career!

"Uh, so like what's your career?" Pete Sumter asks while looking beyond John Barn at his 60x60 homestead filled with grazing cattle and a vast orchid.
John Barn shrugs his shoulders, "I'm unemployed."
Test Subject
#89 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 7:06 PM
we should be albe to own a horse and go rideing on it instead of going in a car all the time
Scholar
#90 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 9:38 PM
ferrets, red pandas, reptiles (reptiles can be found/collected like bugs!) and of course dogs and cats.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 10:23 PM
Some great ideas over here! =)
Well, I'd like to see the 'typical' dogs and cats, plus reptiles, birds (me-wants-crows), rideable horses, turtles, ferrets and bunnies. Sheeps, pigs, cows, chickens and so on would be cool, too, but I already know that I would never play with them: having them as non-playable animals to add some more realism to the neighborhood (especially Riverview) would be fine for me, though.

I'd love to see wild animals, too! They could add both a circus and a zoo in the town, and new related careers. Not that I'm particularly in love with the idea of wild pixel animals in cages, but once again it would add realism and give sims something different to do with their boring lives, lol. The circus thing would probably make happy lots of Makin' Magic nostalgic players. :P
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 2:06 AM
I vote for llamas
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#93 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 4:28 AM
Mudkipz.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Field Researcher
#94 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Mudkipz.

I second this.
Scholar
#95 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 8:47 AM
Oh, come on, they're repeating the EPs in a new way, like, World Adventures is a more adventure-like Bon Voyage, Ambitions is more career-like Open For Business. When they release a pet-like EP, they're going to include new animals, and maybe farming, since Sunset View and Riverview SCREAM "Hey ya'll welcome to our farm!"

And I hope they include horses and bunnies in the EP. D:
Test Subject
#96 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 5:03 PM
hamsters, bunnies, guinea pigs and pets like that. Not only cats and dogs i hope. And I hope sims3 pets wouldn't be bored like sims2 pets.
Field Researcher
#97 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 5:22 PM
Dogs and farm animals. Cats are cute all but I don't like there claws.

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Test Subject
#98 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 10:18 PM
Though I want pets in my game- and will get the expansion... pets eps have always been a dissapointment.... if anyhting I'd like to see a Farm Life EP.... with cows horses and pigs... etc.. Ill get my sims some fresh milk, an egg, and go ride my horse afterwards!

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it."
- Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights.
Scholar
#99 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 10:21 PM
I wonder how we're going to keep dogs and cats from running away since the hood is now open... It would be awesome if you can find cats walking thru the city and coming back to home when they feel hungry! And dog walks will be waay more cool now, roflmao.
Field Researcher
#100 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 10:57 PM
Pigs would be an interesting addition.
Page 4 of 10