Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#1726 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 6:37 AM
My game is suffering massive crashing atm so I will have to fix it, but I just started a family/mini-challenge for myself inspired by this thread and QUALITY PARENTING. I made a young couple, neither with any family traits, and gave them a toddler daughter. I am only controlling the toddler. After giving the parents a job, I am letting them run entirely on free will. I've only gotten through one day of this misadventure so far (and 3 failed start attempts thanks to my crashing constantly).

Turns out sims are actually pretty good at handling themselves. The wife managed to get in 2 skills by the end of the first night all on her own, they didn't burn their food, they did the laundry, they went to sleep at a reasonable hour, and they even had a little together time. They did not, however, feed the baby, put her in her crib, play with her, or change her until she was screaming at 5am and about 3 hours from the very hungry moodlet expiring.

This will be fun.
Advertisement
Inventor
#1727 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 11:45 AM
Are you using any mods? My Sims are also better at handling themselves than they used to be (e.g., they clean what needs to be cleaned, though they are not "neat", etc.) but I am not sure whether this is caused by a mod (I am using those made by Twallan) or is the game itself actually getting better.
Top Secret Researcher
#1728 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 11:52 AM Last edited by MinghamSmith : 11th Dec 2012 at 12:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Aree
My game is suffering massive crashing atm so I will have to fix it, but I just started a family/mini-challenge for myself inspired by this thread and QUALITY PARENTING. I made a young couple, neither with any family traits, and gave them a toddler daughter. I am only controlling the toddler. After giving the parents a job, I am letting them run entirely on free will. I've only gotten through one day of this misadventure so far (and 3 failed start attempts thanks to my crashing constantly).

Turns out sims are actually pretty good at handling themselves. The wife managed to get in 2 skills by the end of the first night all on her own, they didn't burn their food, they did the laundry, they went to sleep at a reasonable hour, and they even had a little together time. They did not, however, feed the baby, put her in her crib, play with her, or change her until she was screaming at 5am and about 3 hours from the very hungry moodlet expiring.

This will be fun.

...Ok, go forth and post the QUALITY PARENTING challenge in the TS3 challenges forum. Now. Do it.

Also, having just read that, here's a possible variant: The Necronanny Challenge.

What on earth is the Necronanny Challenge? Well, it's quite simple: When two rich sims living in a large mansion have a baby, place it in a crib in its own wing of the house, place a Bonehilda coffin somewhere near the crib, then set the baby's relationships with its parents to 0 and Stranger status via Master Controller. Summon Bonehilda. Leave. Lock all the doors to the dedicated baby wing of the house so the parents can't get to it. Thus begins a sim week or two in which a baby is exclusively cared for and raised to at least the child stage by a non-playable member of the living dead. And nobody else.

In all honesty, you probably stand a reasonable chance of succeeding here, because so far Bonehilda seems to be the best parent in SimNation by miles.

(And hey, at least I didn't suggest locking a grossly incompetent human babysitter in there with the baby instead. That'd just be cruel.)
Field Researcher
#1729 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 1:22 PM
Hahahha, that would be amazing! The kid would probably turn out much better than my poor sims are... I was considering making it into a challenge but I want to test out how it ends up playing out.

I got annoyed with my crashing so I attempted to fix it by purging my mods folder to my backup folders and starting a different family with the same variation. My decision to then add a new mods folder and fill it to the brim with twallan's story progression (trying it out for the first time) seems to have cancelled out any benefits that the purge had, but meh. I can take it out.

this time I decided on giving the family twins and the parents slightly less useful traits, like heavy sleeper for the dad and dislikes children for the mom. Aaand.... it was hell on earth almost immediately! The parents relationship levels took a drastic dive, they started a fire that wiped out the whole kitchen (with a fire alarm too, impressive), got robbed of their skilling objects, and missed work.

That was all in the first 30 hours. To compensate for their failures, they were actually slightly better parents, somehow. Slightly meaning the dad seems to like picking up one of the two children and holding them hostage while he watches tv, leaving the other to the floor with a dirty diaper for 3 years.

Then on night 2, I noticed the dad was in the back yard doing something or other. I was wondering what he was doing, when I noticed the pretty bright lights above him... after the aliens dropped him off, I noticed him running somewhere, so I followed him. He ran all the way to the gym, openned up the fridge, ate a carton of icecream, ran back home and passed out asleep for 10 hours, while the toddlers passed out on the livingroom floor in their dirty diapers.

And the father now seems to be putting on a few pounds...
Scholar
#1730 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 3:52 PM
@pico22: hahahalol 'where did she go...?'

@minghamsmith&aree: i am totally gonna do both, ill have to wait to after christmas for the bonehilda one though, i wonder if theyd die if you turned autonomy to medium... i always play on high, because i usually have big familiies and i hate when they stand there and stare at you like 'i need to eat, am i allowed?'

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Field Researcher
#1731 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 2:56 AM
My mom didn't want to buy me Ken because she was convinced that he was more detailed than Barbie. So I gave three of my Barbie sex changes, cutting their boobs off with my dad's hunting knife, cutting their hair and dressing them in my brother's GI Joe clothing. Then "Bob" was marrying Barbie when my mom walked in and saw what I did. She immediately bought me two Ken dolls and threw away my Bobs.

On topic: My vampire sim had triplets and left one of them at the hospital. I found out when I noticed the baby was starving to death.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Inventor
#1732 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 5:12 AM
I have often wondered what makes my Sim the happiest. Well, now I don't have to wonder anymore. The thing that makes my Sim the happiest is........watching his horse pee!

I had nothing to do with this, I just pushed the C key to take the picture.
Screenshots
Theorist
#1733 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 8:21 AM
@leo06girl: I just noticed, but the game actually censors peeing horses? I mean, they walk around nude 24/7 and they find it necessary to censor peeing? even though the animals would just stand somewhere and form a puddle on the ground they're standing on?
Inventor
#1734 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
I mean, [horses] walk around nude 24/7 ...

Not only horses but also dogs and cats are completely naked all the time, to say nothing of those deer-looking antelopes that are constantly hopping around. And - as Sam the Eagle once said - even the little birdies are all naked under their plumage. Most shameful!
Test Subject
#1735 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 12:37 PM
I wish I could somehow replicate this. Sometime ago while I was playing this big family, one sim started to age up. But unfortunately for him he was standing next to the fireplace and also caught fire. It was funny watching him do all the clapping and going yaayyy while on fire with the rest of the family cheering on. I get the popup that my sim has reached adulthood and he can look forward to his life etc. (yeah) He finally aged to adult with the sparkles and happy music only to start jumping and screaming in agony immediately afterwards.
Instructor
#1736 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suggmo
I wish I could somehow replicate this. Sometime ago while I was playing this big family, one sim started to age up. But unfortunately for him he was standing next to the fireplace and also caught fire. It was funny watching him do all the clapping and going yaayyy while on fire with the rest of the family cheering on. I get the popup that my sim has reached adulthood and he can look forward to his life etc. (yeah) He finally aged to adult with the sparkles and happy music only to start jumping and screaming in agony immediately afterwards.

Somehow I think that was the most appropriate aging up reaction I've ever heard of .
Field Researcher
#1737 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 12:26 AM
I found that this townie takes an interesting route to work from across the lake.

Scholar
#1738 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
Somehow I think that was the most appropriate aging up reaction I've ever heard of .

i agree, I can imagine it's pretty painful having a growth spurt that fast...

Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#1739 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 5:54 PM
My townies are a bunch of assassins!

This guy's been going around town carrying a kunai!? Why does nobody call the police on him like they do whenever my sim has a gun!?

Oh look, what a talented woman. But wait...what's that on her back?

WHAT!? What the hell!? But that's not all. One of the spectators also had a little...surprise...

YOU ARE A VAMPIRE! Why do you need a gun!? Kunai man was there too but I forgot to get a pic of him.

When I downloaded these weapons I didn't think I'd have to worry about game generated sims walking around with them XD
Lab Assistant
#1740 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 6:30 PM
without Pets,Late Night,Generations,Supernatural will be no reason to scream "OMG WTF ARE YOU DOING"
Mad Poster
#1741 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 6:44 PM
wh....what?
Theorist
#1742 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shitomi
without Pets,Late Night,Generations,Supernatural will be no reason to scream "OMG WTF ARE YOU DOING"

WTF moments can happen with even only Base Game. Such as people meeting themselves at work, stalker sims, and of course the infamous QUALITY PARENTING we've been hearing about so much.
Mad Poster
#1743 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 5:10 AM
In fact the base game with no mods is one big WTF moment
Instructor
#1744 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 9:54 PM
Agreed!
Inventor
#1745 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 4:47 AM
I'm sure you have heard of guard dogs. Well, here is the next big thing in animal security......guard horses! This horse likes to stand guard while his owner takes a shower. My Sim finds it comforting to know that he will always be protected by the best in animal security!

And yes, this is the same Sim who enjoys watching his other (they have four) horse pee.

I have no idea how the horse got in the house. I was in neighborhood view making his wife go to a race at the equestrian center, and when I went back to the house that is what I saw. I had to teleport the horse out.

I'm starting to think this guy's relationship with his horses is a tad unhealthy.
Screenshots
Site Helper
#1746 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 8:07 PM
I had a sim in Sims 2 who hated Benjamin Long so much that he wanted to drink him, see his ghost, and make him a zombie. So he did. I didn't realize that zombies end up as family members. Then the Romance sim son had one of his babies dropped off at the house by the mother (a glitch) and nobody was interested in the baby. So the zombie took the baby to his own quarters and raised him until he was a child. (I'm still curious about how people could understand a person who had been taught to speak by a zombie...) If Bonehilda is anywhere as efficient as Benjamin Long was, that NecroNanny challenge would turn out the most well-adjusted sims in the game!

I entered a picture in the MTS contest of my brand new private investigator telling the burglar (still in uniform) who had robbed her the night before that she was a private investigator, (Just before she asked him about his career) but I have an update. She got invited on a date- by the burglar. He liked her so much that he asked her to move in with him. (Despite the fact that he doesn't have a house.) It must have been a bit too bright for him in the library with that overhead light, so he very helpfully klepto'd it. She invited him to spend the night, and he agreed. Then he stole the bed (again) and complained that there was no place for him to sleep. (This time at least we didn't have the dance about him being stuck on the stairs...) So she bought a burglar alarm and watched as her date beat up the cop that showed up (again) and ran off into the night while the police officer explained (again) that he seems to have gotten away this time, but don't worry. We'll catch him next time...

The date went so well that he called for another date two days later. In the Cemetery.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#1747 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 8:09 PM
Played for an hour today and got a few :/

1. New household, so sims came to welcome them to the neighborhood. Only 1 turned up, not bothered really. He immediately walks inside and uses the house phone!! :/ srsly?? That has never happened before.

2. Same house, same guest. Starts spamming my YA female with bunches of flowers. I kept trying to make them talk, and he'd slip another 'give flowers' in there somehow!

on the bright side, I now have lots of pretty flowers decorating my house!

3. Of course, it's the attraction system!! The two sims in the house are unrelated, one YA female (as mentioned) and one teen male. As soon as the lot loads they find each other extremely attractive and want to get to know each other better! I'm pretty certain this is because I have Woohooer and have teen-adult relationships enabled (just because I hate that they break up for a day when one ages up first!) but it still made me cringe

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Lab Assistant
#1748 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 9:44 PM
A typical day in TS3...

Test Subject
#1749 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 1:22 AM
Second day of work. Sim's at the Summer Festival playing soccer. Work starts at 1 PM. It's 4 PM.

Mad Poster
#1750 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 2:25 AM
First up, a confession: this picture isn't mine. I saw it on the Simsgonewrong Tumblr and well..."OMGWTF" fits my reaction perfectly.

Jesus cockslapping Christ that game is haunted!
Page 70 of 321