Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#2201 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 6:51 PM
Seriously, this wasn't just something laying on the floor.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2202 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 8:14 PM
Careful! We don't want him seeing it -now-! lol

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#2203 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 8:23 PM
I wish he would focus his energy on bigger bugs i.e. losing the interface when traveling to the Vacation Worlds, the more recent Ghost Hunter Glitch etc, etc. but of course those get over looked because they require competence to fix and don't stamp out fun for the players.
Mad Poster
#2204 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 12:09 PM
I just saw most of the sims in my game wearing long clothes in summer.
I don't know why they were wearing them, but oh well, they're the ones that are going to overheat.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Instructor
#2205 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 6:14 PM Last edited by StardustX : 14th Feb 2013 at 6:51 PM.

This is the UGLIEST in-game born toddler I've ever seen...

Me: "Oh god he's going to be a train wreck when he's an adult... I gotta see this. *enters CAS*"

"Dammmnn"
Site Helper
#2206 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 8:27 PM
If you haven't seen any toddlers uglier than that, go look at the pictures of the Scumthorpes again. But yes, he does grow up nicely!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#2207 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 12:58 AM
Well, StardustX, he is no Scrumthorpe (did that just become a noun?)for certain. At the same time, yeah, he desperately need to be in CAS to correct some of the pudding look. or better yet he play him as the unremarkable sim and marry him off to a gorgeous sim. See what happens.. What is the worse..You end up with a Scrumthorpe trying to break out of your harddrive to spread its evil?
Instructor
#2208 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathwynn
Well, StardustX, he is no Scrumthorpe (did that just become a noun?)

Hey, I've been using it to describe that laughably evil type of Sim for some time now. I've actually got a a Scumthorpe type legacy in the works: The Killjoys.
Top Secret Researcher
#2209 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
Hey, I've been using it to describe that laughably evil type of Sim for some time now. I've actually got a a Scumthorpe type legacy in the works: The Killjoys.

I'm interested to see the Killjoys now, post them on here sometime.

As for ugly toddlers, I have a confession to make: Lester Scumthorpe isn't even the worst one I've ever made.

Proteus Morlock here is probably the worst one I've ever made.

...So far.
Scholar
#2210 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 4:22 AM
Thanks for that Mingham. I was just about to go to sleep, too *sigh...*

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2211 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith

As for ugly toddlers, I have a confession to make: Lester Scumthorpe isn't even the worst one I've ever made.

...So far.
Gah! Put some spiky hair on that and it's Glen/Glenda from "Seed Of Chucky"...
Instructor
#2212 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 3:46 PM

...So far.

Good lord...
Well, in any case, the one I posted was the ugliest ever born in my game. The adult was probably the most unique, at least out of the 7 generations. He looks like his NPC father, who looks a lot like a young Alan Rickman. :lovestruc

Here's something new... I didn't get any screenshots but I don't think they're really necessary.
My sim recently had triplets. She *was* a singer but he had to quit her job to take care of the kids, since she was at the time separated from their father. So she got a babysitting job. Because she's already got 3 toddlers, what's 2 more?
Seeing as how it's nearly impossible to get tips for singing/guitar/anything in Starlight Shores, and when her boyfriend moved out he stole $5000 from her, she was pretty poor. So they lived in a tiny little 3 bedroom trailer. A 4x4 master bedroom, 3x2 bathroom, and each toddler's room was 3x4. So.. See any problems yet? 5 toddlers and an adult in such a confined space?

Well anyways. Come pick-up time, my sim just started... walking off. With a toddler. She got in a cab, and went all the way to that private club, I think. It was dark, and raining, and 23 degrees out. This toddler was in a diaper and she barefoot in a silk nightgown. So she went to the very back of the private club, doing kind of a "jagged" walk. Stopping every few seconds and then continuing. Then she got to the dumpsters and the toddler just... disappeared. Gone. I was like ... okay.
I sent her back home, and the parent was still there tapping their foot, waiting to get in the crowded trailer. The toddler was gone. I had to reset the sim. I never saw the toddler again.

WTF did she do to it?!
Scholar
#2213 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 4:46 PM
I would say something regarding the fate of the poor pudding toddler, but I fear it may not be entirely appropriate. Key word: Dumpster.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Top Secret Researcher
#2214 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by minimogut
I would say something regarding the fate of the poor pudding toddler, but I fear it may not be entirely appropriate. Key word: Dumpster.

On a related note, I just found this TS2 screenshot on another site:

QUALITY PARENTING
Instructor
#2215 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 12:05 AM
I'm interested to see the Killjoys now, post them on here sometime.

I will, I will when I get enough screenshots to make a decent post. I also want to get a couple generations under the belt too.
Inventor
#2216 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 7:11 AM
So I tell my Sim (FTJT) to walk to a different room in his house. He changes to his outerwear and walks outside, nowhere near the spot I told him to go too.

Anyone remember the woman who gave birth outside, in a blizzard; and then left her newborn daughter under a pile of snow? Well, they moved shortly after the birth. The picture below is where the baby girl's twin brother was left for like two or three hours. Apparently infants don't like being left outside, in the snow, wearing nothing more than a thin blanket. Who would have thought?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2217 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathwynn
.. What is the worse..You end up with a Scrumthorpe trying to break out of your harddrive to spread its evil?

DO NOT TEMPT THE GODS!
Scholar
#2218 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 12:03 PM
Thanks, guys. I now have 'Family Guy's 'Prom night dumpster baby' song in my head

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Lab Assistant
#2219 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 12:51 PM
One of NPC's died of hunger while eating contest. No words can describe it.
Instructor
#2220 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IzzyBess

That happened to me too. I had to reset the sim to keep him from dying.
One Minute Ninja'd
#2221 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 2:11 PM

Not to worry. I'm sure EA will forget to patch that glitch out, and attribute it to being a "feature".

Although, I do remember somewhere in a a thread that some outdated mod was causing the trouble. I haven't had that event occur since the beginning of playing with SEA, so maybe (stress, MAYBE) you might want to look through your mods to see if you have something in there that was updated that you never got around to.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2222 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
So I tell my Sim (FTJT) to walk to a different room in his house. He changes to his outerwear and walks outside, nowhere near the spot I told him to go too.

Anyone remember the woman who gave birth outside, in a blizzard; and then left her newborn daughter under a pile of snow? Well, they moved shortly after the birth. The picture below is where the baby girl's twin brother was left for like two or three hours. Apparently infants don't like being left outside, in the snow, wearing nothing more than a thin blanket. Who would have thought?
Ha, I got that, too, a few days ago, but the snow was so deep that the speech bubble was the only way to locate the worm. Looked quite funny, actually, having a patch of snow complaining about the cold until I figured that it must be the missing baby.
Lab Assistant
#2223 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Not to worry. I'm sure EA will forget to patch that glitch out, and attribute it to being a "feature".

Although, I do remember somewhere in a a thread that some outdated mod was causing the trouble. I haven't had that event occur since the beginning of playing with SEA, so maybe (stress, MAYBE) you might want to look through your mods to see if you have something in there that was updated that you never got around to.

I've got all mods updated all the time (they are all in different folder than other package files). BTW my sim had hungry moodlet too and her hunger bar filled while she was eating, only not NPC's.
One Minute Ninja'd
#2224 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 3:23 PM
I've got all mods updated all the time (they are all in different folder than other package files). BTW my sim had hungry moodlet too and her hunger bar filled while she was eating, only not NPC's.

I guess the bug then is in the game. It could have been cute if they created a new, overstuffed, exploding stomach form of death for dying in an eating contest, but I guess they decided to reuse death from hunger instead. After all, it does involve food.
Scholar
#2225 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 3:27 PM
I heard that the eating contest death thing was patched out already. It happened because EA set the hunger bar to go all the way to the red if they were too full (like, beyond a certain point on the bar), and then when the sim couldn't eat fast enough, they starved to death.

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Page 89 of 321