Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#2226 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
I heard that the eating contest death thing was patched out already. It happened because EA set the hunger bar to go all the way to the red if they were too full (like, beyond a certain point on the bar), and then when the sim couldn't eat fast enough, they starved to death.

Actually I think mine died because I dragged his hunger bar down too far by accident in an attempt to cheat.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2227 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 4:28 PM
I had a sim who already was famished. He had 12 hours before dying of starvation, but none of the "wild plants" in his neighbor's garden were ready for harvest yet. An eating contest started. I sent him over to get some free food. He lost the contest, which didn't surprise me since he was extremely fit so he doesn't east as much as some other sims do.

What did surprise me was the fact that he had both the very hungry moodlet and the stuffed moodlet at the same time at one point during the contest.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#2228 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 8:27 PM
So I decided to mess around with a baby in CAS, to see how he grows up.

OH JESUS CHRIST.

BURN IT!

In other news, I had the worst full moon ever. Thanks to Mingham's link to the teddy bear bomb, I decided to give it a whirl. In an attempt to make an entirely new family that can actually hold my pitifully low attention span, I gave them all the evil trait. I love evil Sims. Thankfully it seems to have worked as the family's grown on me, especially the two twin girls, Athena and Rachael. They're enemies so it's funny to have them shit on each other and then watch the mother scream at them for misbehaving. Maybe I'm not a dick on Mingham's level yet but I'm still a dick. :P

Child puddle!

I learnt the explosions are a lot bigger than I thought. It's been a long time since I detonated something with the inventing skill, so I forgot how big explosions were and thus set the bomb timer to one Sim minute, and assumed I was at a safe distance. Nobody died, but Rachael, the twin in pink, and Argus brown, who I tried to blow up, were both singed instead.

Nothing to see here.

Disappointed by the lack of death, when a MacDuff teenager came over to do homework with my teen, and sat on the bedroom floor of all three kids, I decided it was high time to try it again.

Burn!

Fuck fuck fuck fuck go to the bathroom!

God fucking damn it the dad too?!
The tiny bedroom looks cramped as fuck and I wasn't sure if he'd actually be able to escape to the bathroom like his wife did, so I had their teenager extinguish him. While that was going on, I thought it'd be a good idea to get the wife, Rachael and Athena out of that place.

SERIOUSLY?!
I thought "fine, fuck it, I'll get the kids out!" and sent them to the elixir consignment store. Or at least, I tried to. The kids were in trouble, you see! So when they started to leave, a little message popped up saying "I don't think so, missy, you're grounded!".

YOUR FUCKING HOUSE IS ON FIRE AND YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT THE KIDS SNEAKING OUT?
Alright, alright, fine, Athena, go call the fire brigade!

No don't do that omg.

Because there is a fucking zombie near you.

Perhaps rather an anticlimax, everyone was fine in the end.

Look at all that soot. Amazingly, only the bunk bed and desk chair had to be replaced.

Kid, rest assured, whatever nightmares were lurking beneath your bed have now been roasted.
Instructor
#2229 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
So I decided to mess around with a baby in CAS, to see how he grows up.

OH JESUS CHRIST.

BURN IT!

In other news, I had the worst full moon ever. Thanks to Mingham's link to the teddy bear bomb, I decided to give it a whirl. In an attempt to make an entirely new family that can actually hold my pitifully low attention span, I gave them all the evil trait. I love evil Sims. Thankfully it seems to have worked as the family's grown on me, especially the two twin girls, Athena and Rachael. They're enemies so it's funny to have them shit on each other and then watch the mother scream at them for misbehaving. Maybe I'm not a dick on Mingham's level yet but I'm still a dick. :P

Child puddle!

I learnt the explosions are a lot bigger than I thought. It's been a long time since I detonated something with the inventing skill, so I forgot how big explosions were and thus set the bomb timer to one Sim minute, and assumed I was at a safe distance. Nobody died, but Rachael, the twin in pink, and Argus brown, who I tried to blow up, were both singed instead.

Nothing to see here.

Disappointed by the lack of death, when a MacDuff teenager came over to do homework with my teen, and sat on the bedroom floor of all three kids, I decided it was high time to try it again.

Burn!

Fuck fuck fuck fuck go to the bathroom!

God fucking damn it the dad too?!
The tiny bedroom looks cramped as fuck and I wasn't sure if he'd actually be able to escape to the bathroom like his wife did, so I had their teenager extinguish him. While that was going on, I thought it'd be a good idea to get the wife, Rachael and Athena out of that place.

SERIOUSLY?!
I thought "fine, fuck it, I'll get the kids out!" and sent them to the elixir consignment store. Or at least, I tried to. The kids were in trouble, you see! So when they started to leave, a little message popped up saying "I don't think so, missy, you're grounded!".

YOUR FUCKING HOUSE IS ON FIRE AND YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT THE KIDS SNEAKING OUT?
Alright, alright, fine, Athena, go call the fire brigade!

No don't do that omg.

Because there is a fucking zombie near you.

Perhaps rather an anticlimax, everyone was fine in the end.

Look at all that soot. Amazingly, only the bunk bed and desk chair had to be replaced.

Kid, rest assured, whatever nightmares were lurking beneath your bed have now been roasted.

Oh lord!

I wonder if this should go in the Scumthorpe thread. If nothing else it was a Scumthorpe inspired family in a way.
Mad Poster
#2230 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 8:46 PM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 16th Feb 2013 at 8:49 PM. Reason: My memory pooped itself
.... :X I totally didn't make them because Mingham and the Scumthorpes inspired me. Not at all.

EDIT: Oh, I keep forgetting to add; after the fire was put out, Rachael rolled the want to see the fiery ghost of her father. I've promised it to her, thinking she can keep trying to set him on fire. No idea if she'll succeed yet (kinda hope she doesn't. At least not yet anyway). Best daughter.
Inventor
#2231 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Ha, I got that, too, a few days ago, but the snow was so deep that the speech bubble was the only way to locate the worm. Looked quite funny, actually, having a patch of snow complaining about the cold until I figured that it must be the missing baby.

It's good to know that both of us have learned that infants do not like being buried alive in the snow. I would have never thought of that on my own =).

I have also learned that giving birth indoors, or at a hospital is very bad. It is even worse if the Father (or anyone else) to pay any attention to babies being born.
Scholar
#2232 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 4:27 PM
Oh lol. I loved that whole post, Bloodied. The baby in CAS did terrify me a little... What happened? I always sneak a peek at what my sims will look like but that never happens!

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#2233 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 4:48 PM
Oh lol. I loved that whole post, Bloodied. The baby in CAS did terrify me a little... What happened? I always sneak a peek at what my sims will look like but that never happens!

I assume it's because she tried to switch between life stages in CAS with a baby. In my experience, that virtually always either causes graphical glitches or crashes the game due to CAS realising it's not dealing with a proper life stage and getting confused. That's not to say you can't look at how genetics will pan out in CAS safely, of course- just wait until the toddler stage or later to do so.
Scholar
#2234 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 4:54 PM
I do it as babies, though I just click the 'X' when I've seen them as YA. I also change the colour of their burrito wrap sometimes.

Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#2235 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 5:00 PM
I do it as babies, though I just click the 'X' when I've seen them as YA. I also change the colour of their burrito wrap sometimes.

Changing the colour of the burrito wrap isn't a problem at all, but I know I have crashed my game by switching life stages when editing babies before. Then again, I don't think I clicked on Young Adult when I tried like you did- perhaps certain life stages cause more problems than others. I think I selected Toddler when I tried unsuccessfully.

Or maybe that was a bug in an old version of Master Controller that's since been patched.
Scholar
#2236 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 5:00 PM
I also change the colour of their burrito wrap sometimes.

Wait... THAT'S HOW YOU DO THAT!?! I've been missing out this whole time, dangit

Self, I am disappoint.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Instructor
#2237 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 6:20 PM
Am I the only one that isn't able to change the burrito color? It doesn't work for me. >w> The "edit in CAS" option doesn't come up.

So this burglar showed up at the park one day while my sim was there with her kids, on a picnic. She was playing guitar, he came behind her and just stood there, but he wasn't watching her play guitar. He was just standing there.

So she gets out the picnic basket and starts eating a hamburger. He just sits next to her and stares at her. He didn't say anything to her, she didn't say anything to him.

And every time she looked at him, he'd look away.

After she finished her hamburger, they sat there staring in silence for about an hour.

And then she went back to guitar. And he left, looking somewhat satisfied.

... K.
Scholar
#2238 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 6:47 PM
Lol, awkward burglar...

Weird about the game crashing when you change age-stage, maybe it has been patched out.

@minimogut: You can also use 'stylist', which I use if sometimes because it loads quicker. You can't zoom in very well though, as technically babies don't exist in CAS and stylist.
And don't worry, it took me years to figure it out

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#2239 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 6:51 PM

Thank you! XD And yes, what Mingham said was spot on. Babby turned into that horrific monstrocity when I hit the undo button after I had a peek at him as a YA. Thankfully no crashes, just changed the colour of his blanket, accepted and anticipated for babby to look as...unique in game as in CAS. Thankfully no, I got lucky this time. Won't be trying that again though!

Quote: Originally posted by minimogut
Wait... THAT'S HOW YOU DO THAT!?! I've been missing out this whole time, dangit

Self, I am disappoint.

For what it's worth, I didn't realise either until I saw Mingham's triplets as infants with their edited blankets. So a slow high five to you, my friend!

Quote: Originally posted by StardustX
Am I the only one that isn't able to change the burrito color? It doesn't work for me. >w> The "edit in CAS" option doesn't come up.

Do you have MC? Because that's what I used, and presumably what Mingham does as well.

Also there was totally some sexual tension between your Sim and that burglar.
Field Researcher
#2240 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 8:23 PM
I'm building a junkyard. It is now open for business. So I send my Sim over for a little dumpster diving and this is what I see.

Now I know what I'm doing with that lot where I placed the huge hideous water tower right behind the junkyard. Can you say "homeless camp"?
Screenshots
Instructor
#2241 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 8:32 PM
Do you have MC? Because that's what I used, and presumably what Mingham does as well.

Also there was totally some sexual tension between your Sim and that burglar.

Yeah. >w< I do.

Mad Poster
#2242 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sojourner
I'm building a junkyard. It is now open for business. So I send my Sim over for a little dumpster diving and this is what I see.

Now I know what I'm doing with that lot where I placed the huge hideous water tower right behind the junkyard. Can you say "homeless camp"?

DAMN IT STILES GET OUT OF THERE

Yeah. >w< I do.

Ah shit, there's no edit in CAS option in MC? Do you have the cheats module? I can't remember what falls under that, so maybe edit in CAS is in the cheaty bit rather than the main MC download. Other than that, I've no idea.
Theorist
#2243 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 8:57 PM

Change the burrito wrapper colour?!?! Heck I'm still trying to figure out how to recolour my umbrellas and upgrade them. So far, no luck here ;(

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#2244 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Change the burrito wrapper colour?!?! Heck I'm still trying to figure out how to recolour my umbrellas and upgrade them. So far, no luck here ;(

move them to the ground...then go into CAS to color them...same for upgrading them....but your sim has to be level 5 handiness to upgraded(i think?)
Theorist
#2245 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 9:07 PM Last edited by lisfyre : 17th Feb 2013 at 9:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
move them to the ground...then go into CAS to color them...same for upgrading them....but your sim has to be level 5 handiness to upgraded(i think?)

Oh ok I'll give that a go in a sec. Now as far as upgrading... my sim is level 10. I put it on the floor and he can't upgrade it, just pick it up.

EDIT: Just tried it, I can't recolour the umbrellas. I moved them to the ground, clicked on it and didn't give me an option to Edit in CAS. I have TCE on. Also, my level 10 handiness sim still can't click to upgrade, just use or give gift.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#2246 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 9:51 PM
Did you place the umbrella close to something, or close to other umbrellas?

I heard there was a bug like that even if its just a one tile item.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Scholar
#2247 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 9:53 PM
I gave up on umbrellas a few sim-hours after I got one. My sims just get wet and get over it.

Plus, I have an irrational fear of umbrellas irl. Something to do with Mary Poppins...

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#2248 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 10:02 PM
EDIT: Just tried it, I can't recolour the umbrellas. I moved them to the ground, clicked on it and didn't give me an option to Edit in CAS.

Well there's the problem! Umbrellas aren't Sims! :P
Scholar
#2249 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 10:04 PM
Oh ok I'll give that a go in a sec. Now as far as upgrading... my sim is level 10. I put it on the floor and he can't upgrade it, just pick it up.

EDIT: Just tried it, I can't recolour the umbrellas. I moved them to the ground, clicked on it and didn't give me an option to Edit in CAS. I have TCE on. Also, my level 10 handiness sim still can't click to upgrade, just use or give gift.

you must have a glitch then....sorry
Instructor
#2250 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 10:04 PM
Ah shit, there's no edit in CAS option in MC? Do you have the cheats module? I can't remember what falls under that, so maybe edit in CAS is in the cheaty bit rather than the main MC download. Other than that, I've no idea.

Oh, derp. That's probably why, I don't have the cheats. I just remembered that I was going to download it "tomorrow", 2 weeks ago.
Thanks.

I'm getting worried about my sims.
More and more often, they walk off on their own and do things I didn't tell them to do. They don't have an interaction thing in the upper corner, they just... walk off. While I'm supposed to be controlling them. If I tell them to do something, they don't do it. Also I have free will turned off for whatever sim I'm controlling, which is what's weird.
I'm pretty sure my sims are starting to build a... resistance or something against me. They're no longer under my control! D:
Page 90 of 321