Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#30851 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Yes, I got that it was the fact he was a toddler that was concerning you in the first place. That certainly shouldn't happen, but I don't think it's game breaking than it did. More than likely the game just got confused about which age stage the toddler was in somehow.

Thank you First time it happened and it happened twice before he aged up to a child. Weird.

My Simblr
He/They
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30852 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I've cropped the pic and circled the dog I mean. See the mouth - no teeth, no tongue, and no eyes, just weird fur coming out of where eyes should be.

Edit: There doesn't appear to be a nose either, just a snout.

It's only the thumbnail and thumbnails can sometimes look wonky, what is important is the actual dog itself.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#30853 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It's only the thumbnail and thumbnails can sometimes look wonky, what is important is the actual dog itself.

Ah, so i'd have to adopt the dog and see what he looks like. I'll have to try that out when I get back in game

My Simblr
He/They
Lab Assistant
#30854 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 9:17 PM
Does anyone know if there is some kind of limit on the number of stray wolves in a neighborhood (without mods), or does the wolf population seem to get excessive without mods to control it? Also, does a pack leader always generate first, or can be there be stray wolves and no pack leader? Thanks!
Inventor
#30855 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 12:17 AM
A LOTP has a 50% chance to come if it is night. A regular wolf can be summoned without a leader, and will be during daytime. They are called by Controller - Stray. I think there can be 3 of each in the NPC pool like with other NPCs. Maybe if you hold a wolf on the lot, the game will make another because there is less than 3 remaining. A LOTP can summon more plain wolves (and cause them to be created) if he comes.

To decrease the chance for wolves to come without mods, you can have fewer trees, weeds, babies or children.
Lab Assistant
#30856 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 4:41 PM
That's very helpful. Thank you for the information, jonasn!
Alchemist
#30857 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 7:24 PM
@Pideli and @Fearless Butterfly, fyi Cyjon made a fix for that 4 pm relationship decay bug: Relationship Decay Fix

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#30858 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 9:47 AM Last edited by Pideli : 29th Jan 2023 at 1:40 PM.
What is it with winter that makes routing absolutely horrible? Even when there's not snow... or when they're indoors.

(Thanks Phantom!)
Screenshots

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Instructor
#30859 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 7:07 PM
Thanks Phantom
Top Secret Researcher
#30860 Old 30th Jan 2023 at 3:06 AM
Update: The puppers looks completely normal! The thumbnail looked wacky in the pet adoption thing but the dog himself looks perfectly normal lol. I've decided to keep him. He is Malcolm Landgraab IV's dog now (and Jason Larson, currently living with and engaged to Malcolm).
Screenshots

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30861 Old 30th Jan 2023 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
Update: The puppers looks completely normal! The thumbnail looked wacky in the pet adoption thing but the dog himself looks perfectly normal lol. I've decided to keep him. He is Malcolm Landgraab IV's dog now (and Jason Larson, currently living with and engaged to Malcolm).

I thought you would find him looking normal. I have seen on Youtube what corrupted pets look like and it wasn't what you showed before.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#30862 Old 30th Jan 2023 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I thought you would find him looking normal. I have seen on Youtube what corrupted pets look like and it wasn't what you showed before.

Thank you. Yea, I thought he was corrupted. Glad to see he isn't.

My Simblr
He/They
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30863 Old 30th Jan 2023 at 12:43 PM
@wickedjr90 Such a cute little nose! *boop*
Inventor
#30864 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 3:00 AM
In winter, passers buy climb up onto my porch and prefer to not cross the path where the driveway is. I can't figure out why winter causes it. It's like there is a tile with a route penalty, similar to asphalt tiles.

If you spawn a dog with a very narrow snout like Allegra, and select controlPets, his tongue is outside his head.

Has anybody looked into why attraction hearts are usually shown when two people are chatting about another person? My sim's gender preference would not normally allow him to have attraction. Looks like it is referenced to another person.
Mad Poster
#30865 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 3:30 AM
Sims wind up with gossip tokens along the lines of "Sim X was attracted to Sim Y" all the time, I imagine they're just talking about that gossip.
Lab Assistant
#30866 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 7:31 PM
Does the sim surgery thing in simpe, where you can copy an appearance to another sim, work between two pets?
Lab Assistant
#30867 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 11:52 PM
I'm playing with the clean template of Bluewater Village as a shopping district subhood and today I tried to play the Jacquet family and their business. Nearly all sell interactions wen't negative despite Gilbert having a golden batch. I tried his mum who had the bronze one and same issue. It was so bad that the business fell from 4 to -1 and I just can't explain why. This has never happened to me and I own OfB since it first came out. Does anyone have an idea what I'm missing?
I don't think it is a mod conflict. I played Malcom Landgraab afterwards and his two business were flourishing without any issue.
Inventor
#30868 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 2:26 AM
If an external outfit guid has more than 1 outfit in it, how is it decided which one the person gets? I tried creating two characters one immediately after the other, expecting one to get outfit 0, the other to get outfit 1, but no.
Alchemist
#30869 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katerina Petrova
I'm playing with the clean template of Bluewater Village as a shopping district subhood and today I tried to play the Jacquet family and their business. (...) It was so bad that the business fell from 4 to -1 and I just can't explain why.

I haven't played it, but I believe that is the J'Adore Bakery which is known to be buggy. It's not you!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Lab Assistant
#30870 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
I haven't played it, but I believe that is the J'Adore Bakery which is known to be buggy. It's not you!

Now that you said it I think I remember having issues in my previous uberhood too and I moved them to a home business instead. I wonder if selling and repurchasing the lot might fix issues or if it is the lot itself that is buggy. I would really love them to have the bakery since I have a lot of CC acquired over the years that works well with it.
Mad Poster
#30871 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 2:59 PM
The problem with the J’Adore is that the existing merchandise is inedible once bought, with only Clean Up and Resume Cooking options- the standard post-reset problem. The lot works fine after you’ve dealt with that. I’ve never heard of it sales glitch there before.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#30872 Old 3rd Feb 2023 at 2:15 PM
I've got a problem that I can't solve-I had to do a fairly firm reset of the modern game-I goofed it up and had to do a number of things which also reset the downloads folder.

Everything but the clothing, hair, and makeup is showing up in game.

I can't seem to make any of those appear in the catalog and that goes for Body Shop as well.

Is there any way to make them appear besides taking out all of the mentioned and putting it back it one by one? (I hope that isn't the case..I've got alot of it..)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#30873 Old 3rd Feb 2023 at 4:27 PM
You mention you reset the game. Did you also revisit the game options to make sure "catalogs show custom content" switch is on, and also, that the custom content dialog is set to enable custom content? If you're not 100 % certain what I'm talking about, it's the ... button on the dashboard, then the gear cogs, and then the asterisk * button that you click next to the "Show custom content dialog at startup" option.

Also make sure you don't have OneDrive and similar services on for the documents folder.
Forum Resident
#30874 Old 3rd Feb 2023 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I've got a problem that I can't solve-I had to do a fairly firm reset of the modern game-I goofed it up and had to do a number of things which also reset the downloads folder.

Everything but the clothing, hair, and makeup is showing up in game.

I can't seem to make any of those appear in the catalog and that goes for Body Shop as well.

Is there any way to make them appear besides taking out all of the mentioned and putting it back it one by one? (I hope that isn't the case..I've got alot of it..)

For me it has always worked to take out the whole Downloads folder (yes the whole folder not just its contents, move it to desktop or wherever outside the game folders you want) run bodyshop so it creates new Downloads folder and move the files in that folder, then the game should be able to see them again.
Mad Poster
#30875 Old 3rd Feb 2023 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
You mention you reset the game. Did you also revisit the game options to make sure "catalogs show custom content" switch is on, and also, that the custom content dialog is set to enable custom content? If you're not 100 % certain what I'm talking about, it's the ... button on the dashboard, then the gear cogs, and then the asterisk * button that you click next to the "Show custom content dialog at startup" option.

Also make sure you don't have OneDrive and similar services on for the documents folder.

I double checked that feature at least twice, and the other CC is showing up as I mentioned.

Just the makeup, hair, skins, and clothing are not.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 1235 of 1347